**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What I would Have Liked From Carina's Challenge

KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
With Carina's Challenge out there has been unsurprisingly a lot of controversy. Some love it some hate it and I can see arguements for both sides. On one hand some of the challenges seem fun and doable with skill alone but I think the main issue is with the LoL ones. Id have to say I mostly agree that those challenges suck. The reason is they don't require skill they require resources, its less hey can you rise to this challenge and more hey are you willing to slog your way through content and dump resources at it. I just think the LoL ones are a cheap way out. Because LoL isn't difficult content there aren't any BS nodes or anything it's just long fights and the enrage timers just make it so you have to spend revives on the content if doing it with 4 stars.
Now to get back on track, what I would have liked to seen is for a new permanent quest Carina's Challenge with as many quests within it as the number of objectives and on each quest you enter you face revamped content. So some of the quests can just be one champion and that champion would be a revamped version of a previous boss. They could have done something like bring back nameless thanos and beef him up, or put 6.2 champion in but make it so you have to dex his sp1 10 times just brought back old bosses with extra spice. Other quests can be entire lanes, maybe they could have one quest be like 5.2 but made to be more like Act 6 with nodes added make it harder. One quest could be boss rush of sorts with five fights each needing very specific counters to test the depth of player's rosters. Things like that. And all of these quests I feel should meet two criteria, one they are all doable itemless, it would be hell to do so but if u buckle down and practice you could do it itemless and two it would have no roster restrictions. I want to be able to use the roster I've developed and I also think just doing fights with lower star rarities is a pretty lazy challenge I want the challenge to come from the champs I'm fighting and not from me just having a handicap. So anyway that's just my thoughts let me know what you all think.

Comments

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    The way I see it, they completely missed the mark on this one.

'Challenges' are meant to be difficult but doable, skill-based gameplay that is hard and hair-tearingly difficult, but beatable without pouring your money down the drain.

LoL with 4* SL? 3* Cyclops on Collector? Kamala against Champion with no help? Those are not skill-based gameplay. It's pouring your items into them until they nod and keel over. There's no skill to it, just waiting to die. This shows me they don't know what us endgamers actually want. Because it's not a place to burn our money.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

'Challenges' are meant to be difficult but doable, skill-based gameplay that is hard and hair-tearingly difficult, but beatable without pouring your money down the drain.

LoL with 4* SL? 3* Cyclops on Collector? Kamala against Champion with no help? Those are not skill-based gameplay. It's pouring your items into them until they nod and keel over. There's no skill to it, just waiting to die. This shows me they don't know what us endgamers actually want. Because it's not a place to burn our money.

Kamala can and has soloed the Champion, even pre-nerf, but yeah, I get you on the rest

YoMoves said:

Kamala can and has soloed the Champion, even pre-nerf, but yeah, I get you on the rest
    I looked into that. As it turns out, if you mess up, even once, past Pre-Fight you're kinda ruined. Then charges build up and you can't mitigate them any longer. Basically you get no practice. One shot. Mess up, game over. Not the right mentality they should be having. And it's not like you can easily just redo the quest to restart-the Magik on the lane is a guaranteed revive hole as well.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Your in good luck! This is what Summer of Pain and The Gauntlet should add up to over the summer.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

I looked into that. As it turns out, if you mess up, even once, past Pre-Fight you're kinda ruined. Then charges build up and you can't mitigate them any longer. Basically you get no practice. One shot. Mess up, game over. Not the right mentality they should be having. And it's not like you can easily just redo the quest to restart-the Magik on the lane is a guaranteed revive hole as well.
    You can practice dueling The Champion with a three star Kamala to get the timing down, but yeah. Magik and Iceman are going to be item sinks.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

You can practice dueling The Champion with a three star Kamala to get the timing down, but yeah. Magik and Iceman are going to be item sinks.
    With willpower and a maxed out Kamala it should be possible to survive the iceman, the Magik is going to be awful.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

You obviously weren't around when 4* star lord was the second best option for LOL in the whole game. He's who I used to complete LOL the first time and that was back when I was FTP. It really wasn't that bad
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Max petrify and pacify for magik fight, parry 3 hit, might help you.
  • KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    YoMoves said:

I agree with everything but the KK one she is able to solo champ
    edited May 2021
    Sungj said:

YoMoves said:

You obviously weren't around when 4* star lord was the second best option for LOL in the whole game. He's who I used to complete LOL the first time and that was back when I was FTP. It really wasn't that bad
    Check your privilege. I completed LoL with 4* Starlord. It was bad. But nobody went in without the extended timer. This is worse than it was back then. I joined the Contest when DDHK first came out, and SL was the best option-with a bunch of Antman/YJ or Cyclops/Mags synergies to get a longer timer. Try doing it with less.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Max petrify and pacify for magik fight, parry 3 hit, might help you.

Em... Did they remove limber?

Upd: I though you were talking about lol