**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

FloschkaFloschka Posts: 41
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
First of all i am really happy that kabam is finally changing the arena system. But i have some concerns that are getting bigger every time i think about those changes.

In the current game i run the 3* Arena with 3*, the 4* Basic with 4*, the 4* featured with 5* and the 5* featured with 6*. With this strategy i can run them all at the "same time" without paying too much attention at th refreshing time.

With the new changes there are only two arenas left, both of them require 4,5 and 6* to get points. Maybe i should wait until we see the milestones, but it honestly sounds like i have to decide which arena i want to run to get the rewards. I do a run in arena A and dont have any Champs left in Arena B. So my biggest concern is the following: Will the payoff from Arena be lower than before? I read that they will rise the total Unit output to 540 instead of 535, but will i be able to hit every milestone?

It would be really nice to hear something about that, because i dont want to loose half of the units i would earn.

Sorry in advance for any spelling errors, english is not my first language, but yhe german forums are kind of dead lol.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Exactly. Since both arenas make use if the same champions, its going to be a little tricky. I have 51 6 star champs and about 150+ 5 star champs, may be more. I just got into a pattern of doing arena where I can clear all milestones in both arenas. I am hoping the milestones for the new arenas are not very high.
  • FloschkaFloschka Posts: 41
    Pulyaman said:

Exactly. Since both arenas make use if the same champions, its going to be a little tricky. I have 51 6 star champs and about 150+ 5 star champs, may be more. I just got into a pattern of doing arena where I can clear all milestones in both arenas. I am hoping the milestones for the new arenas are not very high.

Yep, this is the only hope that keeps me kind of excited for the changes. Would be very rough to loose the ability to grind units "fast"
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

Exactly my situation too.

Run 5* featured with only 6*s
    4* featured with 5*s
    4* basic with 4*s
    3* with 3*s
    2* with 2*s..

I hope the new one doesn't force specific grind times or extra rounds.

Probably less total time grinding. But more specific grind times.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m exited. I didn’t see anywhere the milestones were getting buffed besides the 3* and 4* featured. Hopefully they are getting a buff.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Floschka said:

First of all i am really happy that kabam is finally changing the arena system. But i have some concerns that are getting bigger every time i think about those changes.

In the current game i run the 3* Arena with 3*, the 4* Basic with 4*, the 4* featured with 5* and the 5* featured with 6*. With this strategy i can run them all at the "same time" without paying too much attention at th refreshing time.

With the new changes there are only two arenas left, both of them require 4,5 and 6* to get points. Maybe i should wait until we see the milestones, but it honestly sounds like i have to decide which arena i want to run to get the rewards. I do a run in arena A and dont have any Champs left in Arena B. So my biggest concern is the following: Will the payoff from Arena be lower than before? I read that they will rise the total Unit output to 540 instead of 535, but will i be able to hit every milestone?

It would be really nice to hear something about that, because i dont want to loose half of the units i would earn.

Sorry in advance for any spelling errors, english is not my first language, but yhe german forums are kind of dead lol.

There are three arenas, not two. There are two 4/5/6 arenas: one for the basic champ and one for the featured champ.

All the lower ones are being combined into a 1/2/3/4 arena:
    Summoner Trials will be updated from a 2-star Hero top prize to a 4-star Nexus top prize and you use 1-4 Star Champions.
  • Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    I just came back to the game a bit ago and really enjoy arena. I usually hit all of the milestones for the 2 star/3 star/basic and mess around in the 4 feature and 5 feature. Hopefully I can still get the same amount of units, but going from being able to do 3/5 arenas easily to being able to do 1/3 (lack of 6 and 5 stars), it seems doubtful. Not too sure how I feel about this.
  • FloschkaFloschka Posts: 41
    DNA3000 said:

There are three arenas, not two. There are two 4/5/6 arenas: one for the basic champ and one for the featured champ.

Summoner Trials will be updated from a 2-star Hero top prize to a 4-star Nexus top prize and you use 1-4 Star Champions.
    I haven't read anywhere that they are "combined". And since the total amlunt of Units only goes up by 5, i dont expect a big chance for summoner trials. Like you quoted, they change the TOP price, so the rank rewards. And since you can use 4* i expect that we need more points for each milestone, but no nig changes in rewards itself. So im not counting this arena towards my concerns since i havnent run it before.

With the update i think i will/have to because of the struggle between the two 6* ones.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    It's cool. Just hope I can get all the milestones.
    Floschka said:

DNA3000 said:

I haven't read anywhere that they are "combined". And since the total amlunt of Units only goes up by 5, i dont expect a big chance for summoner trials. Like you quoted, they change the TOP price, so the rank rewards. And since you can use 4* i expect that we need more points for each milestone, but no nig changes in rewards itself. So im not counting this arena towards my concerns since i havnent run it before.

With the update i think i will/have to because of the struggle between the two 6* ones.
    Summoners trials is going to change quite a bit, because it has to. It has to accommodate the point scoring of 3* and 4* champs, it thus has to have many more milestones, and thus milestone rewards, it has to accommodate the higher rank rewards that will come from the top prize being boosted (which will trickle down to the other rewards), and most importantly it is now going to be the only arena that players below Uncollected will be able to grind in, and locking pre-UC players out of everything except for the current Summoner's trials simply would not fly.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 305 ★★★
    I don't think we can pass judgment yet as there is a massive lack of information still, specifically the rank milestone levels and award amounts - without this info, can't really compare to existing arena structure

Prime example - in current 5* featured arena, 1-5% rank nets you 5,000 5* shards and 300 6* shards
    67-10% rank gives 2,000 5* and 200 6* shards

Will the 2 new 4/5/6 star arenas match these levels? Surpass them? Do both arenas need to be done to match existing rank rewards? If so, then this is actually a major step backwards as getting the current 5,000 5* / 300 6* shards requires only 1 arena and 1 set of champs.

If rewards stay the same but are spread between the 2 new 4/5/6 arenas, this potentially doubles the amount of grinding for same rank rewards.

Hopefully this isn't the case but reinforces why we can't make judgment call until we see the new 4/5/6 arena rank rewards structure

People simply grinding for a 5* are going to have to compete with whales grinding for the 6*. I don't understand how Kabam thought this was a good idea.

Who do you think they are competing against now? Right now only a small number of people even attempt to go for the 5* featured. Everyone else just stops when they are safely past the 1-5% mark (about 22 million). There is a gigantic drop off in scoring from 301 to 1-5%. In the new arena there will be 500 spots for either 5* or 6* featured. How many people right now are not going for the featured 5*, but would go for the featured 6*? I'm guessing not a lot. Even so, there will still be more people getting the 5* featured than before (400 vs 300).

On top of that, there's the basic arena. Right now 300 people get the featured 5* every cycle. In the new arenas 1000 people will be getting either the 5* or the 6* featured or basic. Do you think there's 700 people sitting on the sidelines now capable of grinding for a 6* champion but just not bothering to even attempt to get the 5* now? That seems unlikely to me.

If you had any shot at all at getting the 5* featured now, you'll still have a shot at getting either the 5* or 6* featured or the 5* or 6* basic. There's so many more opportunities across both arenas, and no huge reservoir of players capable of competing for those spots. My guess is this will bring *some* players out of the woodwork, but probably not 700 more on top of the 300 that have already been grinding away.

What will be really interesting to see is how the jockeying between arenas goes. If you think you won't make top 100 in the featured, do you shift to go for the 6* basic? How does that shifting affect the 5* featured scores? Does that make the 5* featured a little easier to get? What will the cut off be for the 5* basic?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Everyone's fears are perfectly valid and definitely echo many of my statements Re arena 2.0 but ultimately I hope that with the time they've taken to build this, they've also foreseen the scores and found an ideal ground for anyone from Conqueror and beyond. 🤞
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I am thinking whether the Beginner and Intermediate bracket will still exists with the change.