**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If featured/basic champs were available for an arena milestone, would that break the game?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
As opposed to how it has been, where a certain top percentage can obtain (for example, a 5 or 6* version of) the specific champ that the arena is built for, would a set number of points in arena guaranteeing you the champion be bad for the game? If you think it would be good, what point milestone do you think each champ would go for?

I could see problems with this, but honestly, I’ve never once been tempted to try to get a high enough ranked score to compete for even the top 10% of the top arenas because it’s such a gamble and I don’t want to waste time and valuable resources on a F2P account to miss out on rewards to all of the accounts that whale out or run bots (or just have committed, very legit summoners) or something. I think that having a 5* champ in the way final milestone would be amazing, and then maybe keeping the 6* as a ranked reward might be a good way to do it, so that whales who want to whale can whale, grinders who want to grind can grind, but people who want to not spend every waking hour on a total gamble can at least take home a worthy prize.

I don’t hate how arenas are, but this would make them much more of a draw for me if it were to happen. Let me know your thoughts!

If featured/basic champs were available for an arena milestone, would that break the game? 40 votes

Not game breaking but a bad idea
20%
TerraDenzel116DonDudu2809Sparx265PuttPuttanaLysis_BinweevilTheBoogyMan 8 votes
Maybe offer a 5*, but make it 50 million points
20%
cytwbcbrandinhoXva23MattyPerlerMauledMasterpuffScrubhanSantiagoEhsaan 8 votes
If you’re offering a 5* in rank rewards, heck, go ahead and do the 6* for like a billion points.
5%
BadFellaTheBair123 2 votes
No..... just no
32%
VoltolosQacobAstoundsErosenseiogIcy000IronGladiator22Matty_IceNewlinstheoryNuclearOrkNegative_100RoyalRose1510LBN1legrind 13 votes
This would actually make me enjoy arenas for the first time ever
22%
CrkwestRemeliDwhalen8554BaluleeHeroesforhire18_Aomine_Daiki10RenaxqqCrcrcrcBurrito2525 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    BinweevilBinweevil Posts: 29
    Not game breaking but a bad idea
    Kabam would have to change the milestones everytime a new champion came in no?
  • Options
    legrindlegrind Posts: 81
    No..... just no
    Nope.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Maybe offer a 5*, but make it 50 million points
    Basic 5* perhaps, but as our resident whale has just said, it does reduce the incentive for crystals which is a huge source of revenue.

I would say yes to basic 5* because they're not meta-defining anymore for the most part with a few exceptions and if they're 6 months behind the time curve then there's still a good chance that people have whaled out trying to get the 6* version. Ultimately a lot of the top tier of players aren't interested in 5* anymore so it wouldn't be that bad if you could pick up a 5* basic champion for 30m or so.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Binweevil said:

Kabam would have to change the milestones everytime a new champion came in no?

they do that anyway with the 3* in the old arenas and will do that with the new ones and the 3* and 4*
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It would probably break the game in the sense that the revenue from crystal sales would drop drastically...
    And if a game isn’t making money then devs will be more likely to be moved to other teams working on other games.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Where’s the yes option?
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    My heart says yes but my brain says no
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    No..... just no
    No. That's a terrible idea.