**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 99
    It is just absurd of a change that now you need to spend a lot more time grinding for basically the same amount of units. Just revert back to the old system please it was good. And add a 6 star arena for the people who grind to get the new champion i don't care. I just want my unit milestones back!
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    With the old arena and my current roster I could have gone for the 3*, 4* basic, or 4* featured. The 5* was practically out of reach for me, and I just have no interest in using a 5*/6* roster to chase a 4*.

I imagined new 5* and 6* arenas to split the competition a bit so I could at least start chasing 5* basics. But I don’t think this does that - unless the cutoffs prove otherwise.

So for me, this doesn’t change much at all.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I am a little happier with the changes after testing it. Albeit, still mad and disappointed, but as someone with a very large roster its a fine change in terms of the 4* in milestones and the gmc shards. But still would take old arenas in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

A simple solution would be to bring back the 3* and 4* Basics and run the current setup alongside it.

Thinking they were just going to add more units and bc milestones on top of what was already there is about as naive as it gets
    Thinking that all the players will be able to grind the units and the milestones in all the arenas if all the previous arenas existed alongside the new ones is about as naive as it gets.
    Things are never balanced against what all players are going to do. They get balanced against what is available to do. If I chose to grind arena I could easily hit the additional milestones on top of the old ones, I'd just never spend that much time in arena personally. Someone would though which is why the option won't be given.
    It will take more time and work to do all the arenas and if people do that they deserve more units.
  • Options

A simple solution would be to bring back the 3* and 4* Basics and run the current setup alongside it.

Thinking they were just going to add more units and bc milestones on top of what was already there is about as naive as it gets
    Thinking that all the players will be able to grind the units and the milestones in all the arenas if all the previous arenas existed alongside the new ones is about as naive as it gets.
    Who said you're supposed to Grind them all? The idea is to have some that are farmable. Not to get every Milestone in every Arena.
    I am also saying that. There should be farmable units for people in every stage of the game and it should not be less than what was previously.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Who said you're supposed to Grind them all? The idea is to have some that are farmable. Not to get every Milestone in every Arena.
    I am also saying that. There should be farmable units for people in every stage of the game and it should not be less than what was previously.
    There is not less units..

Your assuming everyone who grinds units did all arena.

Personally I hate using 3/4* champs.. so always did 23m in 5* and 5m in other 5*. Now I can do both and get more units, more shards and better end rewards.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    People are forgetting some of us don’t grind for units. We want to grow our accounts with more shards/rewards.. which be default makes the next arena easier.
  • Options
    Monk1 said:

There is not less units..

Your assuming everyone who grinds units did all arena.

Personally I hate using 3/4* champs.. so always did 23m in 5* and 5m in other 5*. Now I can do both and get more units, more shards and better end rewards.
    No I am not. The problem with the new arenas is that people with not so expansive 6 star rosters will not be able to grind the amount of units they were able to grind before. It was alright to select specific arenas for grinding. Now there is nothing to select.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Even before I was UC, I could get the featured 4* if I wanted to. My 4* roster was developed enough. Even if I wanted to, I can't now because I'm outcompeted by whales with extensive 5* and 6* rosters. The chance for me to get a death match is still too high. I just don't understand why Kabam did this.
  • Options
    Setanta77Setanta77 Posts: 49
    I'll never get 2m pts with my roster for the Nexus so it's all for PHC's

The weekly Ultimate Crystal is only a 20% of being a 4☆

I'll have to grind for 15 HOURS for 1 weekly 20% chance of a 4☆, with 2 more 2% chances of a 4☆, in the PHC's and 1 x 3☆. 😔
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

This is 10000000000% the OPPOSITE of making Arena better & improving QOL

THESE CHANGES ARE TERRIBLE

11 FIGHTS IN, DEATH MATCH (for me anyway on Hard difficulty and like twice my Champs) but somehow I'm supposed to maintain a winning streak and have to score over 6 million points for a new 3* feature Champion when I used to only need 640,000????

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...

As a Champion Collector, I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

That is clearly over if these changes aren't reversed or FIXED because right now, the Arena is HOT GARBAGE

I'll NEVER spend another penny on this game and I might end up quitting over this... NOT kidding

@MAERvelGOD

I have seen your post this in almost every arena thrwad. You've been posting the same screenshot everywhere saying that it is a death match. Honestly, if you can take content like Cav and higher, then this matchup does not appear to be much of a challenge. Same post everywhere, over and over, with no additional information, and no constructive input.

Same mentioned by BitterSteel.

11 FIGHTS IN, DEATH MATCH (for me anyway on Hard difficulty and like twice my Champs) but somehow I'm supposed to maintain a winning streak and have to score over 6 million points for a new 3* feature Champion when I used to only need 640,000????

I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

That is clearly over if these changes aren't reversed or FIXED because right now, the Arena is HOT GARBAGE

I'll NEVER spend another penny on this game and I might end up quitting over this... NOT kidding

Are you gonna post this on every arena thread lol
    I'm not Cavalier, I'm Uncollected

I haven't touched Story Quest since beating the Collector because I don't want to and shouldn't be forced to progress in SQ if I don't want to

As far as Arena, I have EIGHT 6* Champs (none above R1) and 90 5* Champs, and only ONE, Corvus, who is R5/65 with several at R4 & R3 etc

That's nowhere near enough ranked up 5s or 6s to do the Arena in this new format and get to and keep an infinite streak going (I ended up losing the streak after 13 wins)

I'm P!$$ED as a Champion Collector who has been grinding for EVERY new 3* Featured Champ & for 4* Basic Champions occasionally when I didn't have or needed to awaken one

I spend non-whale money monthly, but apparently that doesn't matter to Kabam or you and it's whatever, I couldn't care less what YOU especially have to say about it, so keep your thoughts and comments regarding my approach to the game and my posts venting about this horrible "improvement" to yourself, that'd be GREAT...

It's not a challenge even for a UC player. You're right, your gameplay does not matter to me. And no, I won't keep my opinion to myself. If you've a problem with it, you can keep your problem to yourself. Stop spamming the forums with your same post everywhere.

I totally agree with Pulyaman
    Pulyaman said:

This is 10000000000% the OPPOSITE of making Arena better & improving QOL

As a Champion Collector, I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

@MAERvelGOD

I have seen your post this in almost every arena thrwad. You've been posting the same screenshot everywhere saying that it is a death match. Honestly, if you can take content like Cav and higher, then this matchup does not appear to be much of a challenge. Same post everywhere, over and over, with no additional information, and no constructive input.

Same mentioned by BitterSteel.

I haven't missed getting a new featured 3* Champion EVERY week (even when it took around 1.4-1.5M to get a 3*) since July 2019

Are you gonna post this on every arena thread lol
    I'm not Cavalier, I'm Uncollected

I haven't touched Story Quest since beating the Collector because I don't want to and shouldn't be forced to progress in SQ if I don't want to

As far as Arena, I have EIGHT 6* Champs (none above R1) and 90 5* Champs, and only ONE, Corvus, who is R5/65 with several at R4 & R3 etc

That's nowhere near enough ranked up 5s or 6s to do the Arena in this new format and get to and keep an infinite streak going (I ended up losing the streak after 13 wins)

I'm P!$$ED as a Champion Collector who has been grinding for EVERY new 3* Featured Champ & for 4* Basic Champions occasionally when I didn't have or needed to awaken one

I spend non-whale money monthly, but apparently that doesn't matter to Kabam or you and it's whatever, I couldn't care less what YOU especially have to say about it, so keep your thoughts and comments regarding my approach to the game and my posts venting about this horrible "improvement" to yourself, that'd be GREAT...
    1) No one is forcing you to progress, you do what ever you want with your account
    2) Collecting 3 star champs and 4 star basic champs is not as impressive as you seem to make it out to be. I used ot do that when I just became uncollected. I grinded for 1 year straight for every 3 star and 4 star before progressing in the story quest. Nowadays, I simply get the 4 star from the login crystal and the phc after they are added because I have moved on to 5 and 6 star champs.
    3) If you spam a post in the forums, people are going to comment on it. Especially when you say they are death matches and what you have posted are not even close to them. If you really want to talk only to Kabam , sent them a support line ticket or PM any of the mods.

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Things are never balanced against what all players are going to do. They get balanced against what is available to do. If I chose to grind arena I could easily hit the additional milestones on top of the old ones, I'd just never spend that much time in arena personally. Someone would though which is why the option won't be given.
    It will take more time and work to do all the arenas and if people do that they deserve more units.
    Regardless of whether or not you or I think there "should" just be some additional milestones in a separate arena for people willing to do them, the devs obviously don't agree or that's what we'd have. I'm sure they have a "budget" set for what can be in milestones across all available arenas, if you want to add something over here something will absolutely be taken from over there. That's just how something like this is set up regardless of what you think is "fair".
  • Options
    Nazgul_WarriorNazgul_Warrior Posts: 3
    This new style will increase the grind time for players with a lack of 6* Champs.
    A more staggered milestone for players who lack these champs will help.
    Kabam will notice fewer players logging on due to this new style of arena.
  • Options
    suvmcocsuvmcoc Posts: 1
    new arena system screws a player time management, reducing the 6* refresh time to 7 hours can sort the time management issues.
  • Options
    suvmcoc said:

new arena system screws a player time management, reducing the 6* refresh time to 7 hours can sort the time management issues.

Yes, I'm all for this. Let's make it even easier for me to put up 100M in an arena with zero units used
  • Options

Regardless of whether or not you or I think there "should" just be some additional milestones in a separate arena for people willing to do them, the devs obviously don't agree or that's what we'd have. I'm sure they have a "budget" set for what can be in milestones across all available arenas, if you want to add something over here something will absolutely be taken from over there. That's just how something like this is set up regardless of what you think is "fair".
    It can be. But you can't be that sure. There can be another reason as well. They said they were going to improve the arena experience so maybe they cut the arenas to 3. I don’t know but you don't too.
    Kabam has to set the milestones right because the current setup is wrong and has to go.
  • Options

It can be. But you can't be that sure. There can be another reason as well. They said they were going to improve the arena experience so maybe they cut the arenas to 3. I don’t know but you don't too.
    Kabam has to set the milestones right because the current setup is wrong and has to go.
    It's not hard to see. They did the same thing with units in EQ. They don't just add stuff, they shift where what's already there is.

It also doesn't HAVE to change, players WANT it to change. Those are massively different things. In the end, I hope they do make some adjustments but overall I'm personally fine with the current system. I rarely even use 5*s in arena anymore so this is making more available to me that I'd otherwise bother getting. Plus I've been saying a 6* arena would be bad for most players since it started getting brought up here so I'm also fine with just continuing to be right since so many continued to say it's what should happen anyway.
  • Options
    BinweevilBinweevil Posts: 29
    No. Just no.
  • Options

It's not hard to see. They did the same thing with units in EQ. They don't just add stuff, they shift where what's already there is.

It also doesn't HAVE to change, players WANT it to change. Those are massively different things. In the end, I hope they do make some adjustments but overall I'm personally fine with the current system. I rarely even use 5*s in arena anymore so this is making more available to me that I'd otherwise bother getting. Plus I've been saying a 6* arena would be bad for most players since it started getting brought up here so I'm also fine with just continuing to be right since so many continued to say it's what should happen anyway.
    I would like to know what balancing happened when 5 star featured arenas were introduced.
    Have was used to show want actually.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,218 ★★★★★
    I’m Wil dislike removal of the 6 star from the 6 star basice because then I’m won’t makes the 16m in that arena at all but I’m promising I’m won’t complain if that’s how offer can enjoyably arena again since I’m can se it for offer perspective it definitely need fix
  • Options
    JakharrkJakharrk Posts: 123
    Respected @Kabam Miike and other kabam members. i have found two possible solution for arena problems.

Solution no.1 Bring back old arena system with few changes.
    Change no .1 Add six star featured arena only star champion allowed in arena. if 7 stars introduced in feature they can also be used here. It make top 5 percent players happy. In this arena new 135 units will be added.
    Change no. 2 in five star featured arena reduce final milestone to 9 million.
    Change no.3 add grandmaster crystal shards on the basis of player progression title.

Solution no. 2 in new arena system do few changes.
    Change no.1 in summoner trail arenas increase units from 140 to 200. the final milestone 2 million .
    Change no. 2 in 6 star basic arena reduce units from 200 to 190 and final milestone 9 million .
    Change no. 3 in 6 star featured arena reduce units from 200 to 150 . no change to milestones.
    main point ;- 95 percent of game community is totally free to play or almost free to play they occasionally spend money in this game . the primary source of the community to clear content is units from arena.

If not fixed then players cannot able to clear content then they gona ultimately leave the game , PLAYERS LOVE THIS GAME. I KNOW AND PLAYERS know YOU NEVER GONNA Happen this thing that s why you taking feedback from players .
    Note if Gramitical mistakes please ignore English is not my mother tongue.
    Thoughts fellow summoners on the solution .
    POOL IS ANOTHER POST.
  • Options
    JakharrkJakharrk Posts: 123
    edited May 2021
    NO POLL . PUT YOUR OPINION ON SOLUTION HERE FELLOW SUMMONERS. Plus majority of players not grind for arena champs . Except for 4 star basic if they don't have the champ and wants them .