Options

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I just started doing some arenas today as I was out w/ family when arena started so this is where I am at now

Used my 5-stars and 6-star on basic arena which is just these guys

And used theses guys for summoner trials

Just gonna go for some milestones and done.
    In the old arena, I usually got all the milestones done in 3* featured and 4* basic on the first day and do some 4* featured and on the following day and wait.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Did 9 millions in featured enough to get 4* Shang Chi from now I will wait for 6* come back.

Unit gain took a big hit though.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    If I were to do arena, even though I’m TB I think I’d still focus on the summoner trials.
    3-4 runs of my 4*s through that and 3 runs of my 6*s in the evening through the featured 6* arena.
    I’d still come out with way less units than before but that’s the best I could do.
    Kinda funny really that they managed to make 2*, 3* and 5* obsolete with their new arena format (atleast for me).
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    If you want to grind on this game you must invest 1/3 of your day on Arenas. Lol. Nauseating.
  • Options
    RagnabroRagnabro Posts: 43
    I usually complete all milestones for the units, now i have to play a lot more the arena for the same amount of units. This don’t have sense for me.
    Sorry for my english
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 747 ★★★★

Monk1 said:

I don't see very many people putting up 16 Mil in both and if they can, the number of people doing that is small. It's not going to flood Units for anyone. If anything the majority of arguments are that the Milestones are too high, so that pretty much solves thst issue.

Do you realise how detached this statement is for big accounts...? With 90+ 6* and 160+ 5* it takes only 1 day - 2 rounds of not even all champs to get 16m.. so all milestones can be hit in 2 days with a day off to spare
    Yes. Some can, as I said previously. How many people do you see capable of doing that overall? How many are actually going to bother running all 4? How much of a leak of Units into the game do you figure that is?
    What's detached is the idea that everyone else is at the top.
    I can tell you at least 10 guys in my ally are doing milestones in both and most will do 20+ in both.

To give you perspective this is what it looks like in number of rounds.. only using 6* and r5 5* champs.

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

I don't see very many people putting up 16 Mil in both and if they can, the number of people doing that is small. It's not going to flood Units for anyone. If anything the majority of arguments are that the Milestones are too high, so that pretty much solves thst issue.

Do you realise how detached this statement is for big accounts...? With 90+ 6* and 160+ 5* it takes only 1 day - 2 rounds of not even all champs to get 16m.. so all milestones can be hit in 2 days with a day off to spare
    Yes. Some can, as I said previously. How many people do you see capable of doing that overall? How many are actually going to bother running all 4? How much of a leak of Units into the game do you figure that is?
    I can tell you at least 10 guys in my ally are doing milestones in both and most will do 20+ in both.

To give you perspective this is what it looks like in number of rounds.. only using 6* and r5 5* champs.

Just curious, why did you go for 22 mill in the featured arena?
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Just curious, why did you go for 22 mill in the featured arena?
    Timing issue... I wanted to use r2 champs in Falcon arena to get past round 15. And reset while I was asleep.

The arena schedule suits Uk time zone really well. As opens 6pm, so run top champs... sleep 9 hours and all refreshed when wake up. Somewhere along the line in sure someone will moan about this as well
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Just let people choose from old arenas and new ones. And cut top brackets in half for 5* champs, i.e. if only top 100 were getting 5* basic champ, make it 50 for old arenas, and also cut it in new ones. So the amount of 5* champs you give would stay the same, just like other resources. Would also let you see how many people would prefer new arenas. But my guess is — very few.

I did some arena for arena solo event, as it gives units. Got 4* falcon, who I already had max sig, and only 35 units after 15 rounds. On old arenas I'd get 10 from 2* arena in 2 rounds, 15 in 3* arena in 2-3 rounds, 15-20 (don't remember precisely) in 4* arena in 3 round. Total of 40 units in 8 easy and fast rounds with my maxed 2*/3*/4*. Less then half an effort for bigger rewards. What kind of reaction do you expect on things like that?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Man... I used to do that number of fights for 4*F 4*B and 5*F in total for the units.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Man... I used to do that number of fights for 4*F 4*B and 5*F in total for the units.
    Agree it takes longer... but I don’t want any of what you described. I want 2k 6* shards (1-5% bracket in both arena).

That’s 4K shards a week just from arena. It’s a huge step up and buy definition every week it gets less rounds as I get more 6* champs.

Exact same process as we went through when 5* arena came out.

For record - I also agree IF you just want units then it is more work under this structure.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

xNig said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Agree it takes longer... but I don’t want any of what you described. I want 2k 6* shards (1-5% bracket in both arena).

That’s 4K shards a week just from arena. It’s a huge step up and buy definition every week it gets less rounds as I get more 6* champs.

Exact same process as we went through when 5* arena came out.

For record - I also agree IF you just want units then it is more work under this structure.
    That rank reward is going to take so much additional work though. How much do you think the cutoff will be for the rewards you mentioned?
  • Options
    I think 25m will have ok for 1-5% but do 30 this arena to see how things settle.

Historically I have always done 25m in 5* feature before so no difference
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★

We’re going to do our best, but it’s important to note that in some cases, things may still require a little more effort for some Summoners than before. Because everybody is at a different place in their progression, it is very difficult to come up with a solution that addresses the situation for every Summoner.

How is that an improvement? Surely these changes should be better for everyone, not just the elite.

Your goal should be to have continuous improvement in all aspects of the game.

Just reinstate the old arenas alongside the new ones.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,822 ★★★★★
    I am kind of done with this initial arena. I have only four 6-Stars and it is difficult as to what combination I can use to get past death-matches and have a steady continuos grind instead of having to restart again and again.

Another discussion point is what triggered the game developer to decide back-tracking a decision to allow Summoners to have an relatively easy grind to obtain a new current champ. 6.25m cut-off is not doable for me.

I will not be able to get Mr Negative unless it comes in the IGM. Well, just too bad.

Since I am at round 19, I will probably try getting past death-matches but I am pessimistic about it.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Just sharing some info. These are the numbers I used to get in the old arenas alongside the numbers I got from the new ones.

In the old arenas, I used to max out everything besides the 2* arena (didn't touch it at all). For that kind of grind:
    3* arena: ~35 rounds, 75 units
    4* basic: 38 rounds, 135 units
    4* featured: 45 rounds, 135 units
    5* featured: 67 rounds, 135 units
    Total: 185 rounds, 480 units

In the new arenas, I hit all the milestones and the results were:
    Summoner trials: 62 rounds, 140 units
    6* basic: 101 rounds, 200 units
    6* featured: 101 rounds, 200 units
    Total: 264 rounds, 540 units

So that's an extra 60 units farmed at the cost of 79 additional rounds. For units earned per time investment, assuming each round lasts for an average of 2 mins, the reward ratios are:
    Old: 5.12 units/min
    New: 4.09 units/min

The new 6* arenas offer better crystal shards than the old ones, but I'm not so sure if they are worth the 20% loss in efficiency. 5* champions steadily lose value as time passes and regain some value only when rarity-specific content is released.

I should have checked the required number of rounds to get 480 units in the new arenas, since that can give a more straightforward comparison, but I doubt that the reward ratio will be significantly better than 4.09 units/min.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,242 ★★★★★
    I’m done with bouth of the basice and feac won’t posted pictures since for me the new arena didn’t change much for me a ise from faster bourn out. But definitely doesn’t like the facts to grind unit u now hav to do dubbel amunet as befor and for them with clouse to not many 6 star is just got out
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

Just sharing some info. These are the numbers I used to get in the old arenas alongside the numbers I got from the new ones.

In the old arenas, I used to max out everything besides the 2* arena (didn't touch it at all). For that kind of grind:

So that's an extra 60 units farmed at the cost of 79 additional rounds. For units earned per time investment, assuming each round lasts for an average of 2 mins, the reward ratios are:

The new 6* arenas offer better crystal shards than the old ones, but I'm not so sure if they are worth the 20% loss in efficiency. 5* champions steadily lose value as time passes and regain some value only when rarity-specific content is released.

I should have checked the required number of rounds to get 480 units in the new arenas, since that can give a more straightforward comparison, but I doubt that the reward ratio will be significantly better than 4.09 units/min.

Good way to look at it.. but you and everyone seem to be massively under valuing the rewards.

I would propose this to answer your efficient question.

If an in game offer gave you 500 6* shards for 200.. even 400 units then people would buy it and love it. But yet here we are moaning about losing a few units. I just don’t get the logic
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,822 ★★★★★
    I missed stating max 4-Star is kind of useless.

I forgot to take an image on winning this fight. Think I was just shocked I got through.

Calculate the points total to get this.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Hieitaku said:

Good way to look at it.. but you and everyone seem to be massively under valuing the rewards.

I would propose this to answer your efficient question.

If an in game offer gave you 500 6* shards for 200.. even 400 units then people would buy it and love it. But yet here we are moaning about losing a few units. I just don’t get the logic

Firstly, there will never be a deal offering 500 6* shards for 200-400 units. You are looking at it from the perspective of a pay to play player. For a F2P player (who account for 55-60% of the player base) relied on the arena for units. For them, a loss of even 50 units per arena round adds up to 400 units per month (50 units, twice a week, 4 times a month). That is ~5000 units a year. A big loss in terms of a long term picture. You would not want to lose on 5000 units just because of a change in arena system.

Also, the efforts needed are way too much, for way too less rewards. There are only so few players who can do all the milestones, and get the units. Most of the players either do not have the roster, or the time to grind so much. The earlier system allowed the players to make use of their 4 star roster to get a good number of units. Many players have a good number of 4 star champs either maxed out, or 4/40. They were able to make use of them and good number of units.

The new system allows good number of units only if players have a huge 5-6 star roster. This is where the problem in milestones lie. The milestones are way too apart, and the smaller rosters cannot cover the gaps, with the long refresh timer.
  • Options
    Outside of the £5 monthly unit card I don’t spend on the game.. so I know units are important.

But as I keep saying if people push the extra shards add up to more champs, more points in less rounds. It just takes time but seem less people want to wait for anything.