**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Variants are DUMB

MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
This is from the P.O.V. of a recent cavalier.
All the variants require very particular champions, and the fights are so long. Also, there are very annoying fights, for example, in the villain variant (variant 6), there is a mephisto fight. How do you expect someone to use only villain champs AND get through MEPHISTO?
I mean yes Kabam wants money but at least think of us F2Ps.

Comments

• MojoHaterMojoHater Posts: 244 ★★
    Wait I will send my roster and then you can tell me which variant would be easy for me, or maybe LOL.
    Wait I will send my roster and then you can tell me which variant would be easy for me, or maybe LOL.
    Lvernon15 said:

Maybe because a new cavalier player isn’t meant to be able to easily get 100% on them?

no its the initial run...

You should try and get to act 6 chapter 3 first its much easier

Okay I'll try

There are some tricky fights in variants. But mephisto is too simple. I used parry heavy with doom against him. Any champ with single hit heavy is good for him.

I tried. He literally got his aura 2 times in 3 heavies. And smacked me. I don't have the commitment to do it once again whenever the RNG gets bad, that's why I'm asking for other content
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    @MojoHater Which Mephisto are you talking about... I only see the one in 1.1 and he's got nothing on him. He doesn't even need a special counter.
    There is are some pretty tough non-boss Mojos and Sinisters. They will cause a lot more hurt than Meph.
    If you're only recently Cav... then you may need to develop your roster more before the variants.
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★
    MojoHater said:

My roster.

Also, one path is the poison one and another has abomb.
    Variant 4 has that electro boss for which I have no counters.
    Also, I'm F2P so don't expect me to have a lotta units >_<

i suggest that you should do Variant 3 1st imo
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure you can do v3 at the minimum. And 4. 5 might not be that much of a stretch either
    Okay will try v3... that's magneto variant right?
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Variants usually test your roster strength more than anything else. They are considered end-game content by Kabam.
    If your 5 star and 6 star rosters are not big enough, you will struggle with some variants. That said, V6 is one of the easier ones. If you have a 4 star void, you can use him to clear that Mephisto. V6 does not require specific star level, only the villain tag is mandatory.
    Corkscrew said:

@MojoHater Which Mephisto are you talking about... I only see the one in 1.1 and he's got nothing on him. He doesn't even need a special counter.
    There is are some pretty tough non-boss Mojos and Sinisters. They will cause a lot more hurt than Meph.
    If you're only recently Cav... then you may need to develop your roster more before the variants.

Okay sir
    Pulyaman said:

Variants usually test your roster strength more than anything else. They are considered end-game content by Kabam.
    If your 5 star and 6 star rosters are not big enough, you will struggle with some variants. That said, V6 is one of the easier ones. If you have a 4 star void, you can use him to clear that Mephisto. V6 does not require specific star level, only the villain tag is mandatory.

Hmmm. I think I'll give v3 a shot anyway.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

All the variants require very particular champions, and the fights are so long. Also, there are very annoying fights, for example, in the villain variant (variant 6), there is a mephisto fight. How do you expect someone to use only villain champs AND get through MEPHISTO?

I have said this multiple times, I am FTP, explored all the story content, cleared every variant except V7, done initial clear of LOL and AOL. Being FTP does not stop you from progressing in the game. As far as I know, there is no content in the game that mandates you to pay. With enough practice, time spent on grinding arena and farming resource, you can clear every content.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

You can use rulk kr good against Mephisto . Best counters
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I think this situation explains the issues with the progression speed of this game nowadays...people move to 5* champs so fast that they dont have time to build their 4* roster...yes 4* are irrelevant in act 6 and 7 but i have used my 4* champs in variants for certain fights(for example mephisto in v6 for whom i used my 5/50 void or v3 where 5/50 sentinel did so much work in both completion and exploration to name a couple
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Except I'm a f2p player and have completed all variants(except v1....still very annoying) and even explored v4. And if I weren't so lazy I'd explore v6 and 7. Variants are fun. They require a decent roster but mainly skill and knowledge. And sometimes unitman.
    Lol Okay
This discussion has been closed.