**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts about the Arena Changes [Merged Threads]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Outside of the Β£5 monthly unit card I don’t spend on the game.. so I know units are important.

But as I keep saying if people push the extra shards add up to more champs, more points in less rounds. It just takes time but seem less people want to wait for anything.

Plenty of people look to holiday offers as their major account progression means as opposed to actually playing the game. I don't get it either but that's what lots do. They skip investing in masteries and finishing content to save units for offers.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't get it. Players have been asking for arena improvement for years. So... it should be something that is (if not a lot) then at least solidly better than before. Or what's even the point? Could've just added the 6* arena for the whales and left the rest of us with what we had.

Personally I was a very casual arena grinder coz well, they are mind numb boring for me, but I used to see the value of them, no doubt about it.

So I was very excited for any change to make them more part of my mcoc routine but now... if I couldn't find the time or motivation before lol now it's a lot worse!

Yes, the layout is better but where's the improvement in value? I thought it would mean less grinding time for more rewards, logically. How else will players who aren't seeking the 5* or 6* champ feel enticed to regularly dip into this mode?

This was doa. Very disappointed we waited so long for an apparent 5 unit increase that comes along with more time required to get it than before. And "Why so stingy?" was my initial reaction. The 7 unit milestone is absolutely terrible. Just round it up to 10. It won't break the game. But you do break players enthusiasm with moves like this.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Outside of the Β£5 monthly unit card I don’t spend on the game.. so I know units are important.

But as I keep saying if people push the extra shards add up to more champs, more points in less rounds. It just takes time but seem less people want to wait for anything.

Can only push for the shards to get more champs once you have more champs. That's the entire point. If people had the rosters for it, then it wouldn't be so bad. But not everyone does. And till they get it, they lose out on shards AND units.

Monk1 said:

Plenty of people look to holiday offers as their major account progression means as opposed to actually playing the game. I don't get it either but that's what lots do. They skip investing in masteries and finishing content to save units for offers.
    I mean the July 4th offers and Black Friday offers are pretty big usually for account progression. And if you manage units well, you can grind enough for content+ part if not all the offers.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

I don't see very many people putting up 16 Mil in both and if they can, the number of people doing that is small. It's not going to flood Units for anyone. If anything the majority of arguments are that the Milestones are too high, so that pretty much solves thst issue.

Do you realise how detached this statement is for big accounts...? With 90+ 6* and 160+ 5* it takes only 1 day - 2 rounds of not even all champs to get 16m.. so all milestones can be hit in 2 days with a day off to spare
    Yes. Some can, as I said previously. How many people do you see capable of doing that overall? How many are actually going to bother running all 4? How much of a leak of Units into the game do you figure that is?
    What's detached is the idea that everyone else is at the top.
    I can tell you at least 10 guys in my ally are doing milestones in both and most will do 20+ in both.

To give you perspective this is what it looks like in number of rounds.. only using 6* and r5 5* champs.

You realize you guys are in the minority on this right?
    Hopefully I’m in the top 500 minority πŸ™Œ

Although I just think people are very disconnected from what real TB accounts actually look
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

I don't see very many people putting up 16 Mil in both and if they can, the number of people doing that is small. It's not going to flood Units for anyone. If anything the majority of arguments are that the Milestones are too high, so that pretty much solves thst issue.

Do you realise how detached this statement is for big accounts...? With 90+ 6* and 160+ 5* it takes only 1 day - 2 rounds of not even all champs to get 16m.. so all milestones can be hit in 2 days with a day off to spare
    Yes. Some can, as I said previously. How many people do you see capable of doing that overall? How many are actually going to bother running all 4? How much of a leak of Units into the game do you figure that is?
    I can tell you at least 10 guys in my ally are doing milestones in both and most will do 20+ in both.

To give you perspective this is what it looks like in number of rounds.. only using 6* and r5 5* champs.

Although I just think people are very disconnected from what real TB accounts actually look
    There's a difference between what you're personally aiming for, and what it takes to run an Arena. There are other people outside of ones such as yourself with a stacked 6* Roster, and their progression matters as well. For that matter, some people are hitting TB with less than 10 6*s now, because they're content rushing. Not exactly healthy, but nevertheless not everyone is the same.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wow how are you still grinding... you are a machine
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

There's a difference between what you're personally aiming for, and what it takes to run an Arena. There are other people outside of ones such as yourself with a stacked 6* Roster, and their progression matters as well. For that matter, some people are hitting TB with less than 10 6*s now, because they're content rushing. Not exactly healthy, but nevertheless not everyone is the same.
    I agree.. and those are the people who will moan next week if they segement the arena (which I think they should) as they rushed through to get TB with 10 6* and can’t compete.

People just can’t grasp, or accept that end game or top 100 aq players are playing a different game.

The titles are meant to segment game but yet everyone just moans about them as well
    Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

Monk1 said:

I agree.. and those are the people who will moan next week if they segement the arena (which I think they should) as they rushed through to get TB with 10 6* and can’t compete.

People just can’t grasp, or accept that end game or top 100 aq players are playing a different game.

The titles are meant to segment game but yet everyone just moans about them as well
    The Arena isn't something that should be separated by Titles. Honestly, people sound like they want their own game.
  • BelaPichBelaPich Posts: 89 β˜…
    It mean that we players do not like this new arena system, more time grinding- less rewards, even the old 4* arena rewards is better than this,!! Pls make the rewards better especially the units for each milestone
  • Kabam just think in the "end game" players... its just another desapoing action.... with this system in action please just remove the 1/2/3* heroes from the because they are just useless...
  • gash228gash228 Posts: 106 β˜…
    Two days into the arena, we can already tell that it's structure is terrible. Thankfully Kabam has responded to the player base response. Clearly they are going to change the recently released are structure, however until then we are forced to stick with this. What I don't get is why not just revert back to the old structure as soon as possible and stick with it until the other new structure is implemented. We've had the old arena for years, surely we can have for another few months. It would still be better than sticking with the new arena until Kabam have implemented their solution.
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 β˜…β˜…

Kabam just think in the "end game" players... its just another desapoing action.... with this system in action please just remove the 1/2/3* heroes from the because they are just useless...

3 star is still useful with 3x boost that you get from greater boost crystal
  • ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Get the data u need untill next wednesday, next wednesday bring back old arena system so player base can grind units normally. When u have a solution, launch new arenas.
    yuw said:

Kabam just think in the "end game" players... its just another desapoing action.... with this system in action please just remove the 1/2/3* heroes from the because they are just useless...

Which Arena are you going to use it in? The Trials? I believe that was their point.

yuw said:

Which Arena are you going to use it in? The Trials? I believe that was their point.
    what i meant is that 3 star with 3x boost gives 54k per round while 4 star with 1.3x gives 52k, so 3 star is still useful in the arena just like 4star
    yuw said:

yuw said:

what i meant is that 3 star with 3x boost gives 54k per round while 4 star with 1.3x gives 52k, so 3 star is still useful in the arena just like 4star
    Not when you can't run anything lower than a 4* in the Arena you're getting them from.

yuw said:

yuw said:

Not when you can't run anything lower than a 4* in the Arena you're getting them from.
    The comment I replied to says remove 3 star from the arena because they are useless but i have 700 of these greater boost crystal that i can get 3x booster from and from the current 6 star arena. Unless you assume people running 6 star arena don't run summoner trial arena, I don't agree removing 3 star from arena
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

nothing i can do about this. the amount of r5 5* collection and 6* r1 collection isn't enough to split up to faster secure streak formula. it was easier to split up star rarity collection in the old arena structure as it allowed you to let those used champion go in cooldown..

in old arena i did this method like this

round 1
    2* - streak 10
    3* - streak 10
    4* basic - streak 10
    4* featured - streak 10.

round 2
    2* - streak 20 - nothing special as it was just normal playthrough.
    3* - streak 20 - nothing special as it was just normal playthrough.
    4* basic - streak 20 - nothing special as it was just normal playthrough.
    4* featured - streak 20 - Now here it was a different playthrough because 5* collection is allowed in 4* featured arena when it really shouldn't. so after achieving streak 10 from round 1 i then start to use up my r5 5* collection all the way to streak 18 since that's when my r4 5* start showing up after done using up those r4. From streak 18 to 20 is those r4 5* as mentioned. at streak 20 i play it very differently to effectively use up every single ranked 5* from r4 down to r1 and i do this by using one 5* any rank and two 4* r5... because the amount of excessive r5 4* collection i have keep my r1 5* from meeting deathmatch plus it allows me to use up all those 5* collection while letting them to finish their cooldown.

round 3

2* - play till streak 42 or 44 - depending the amount of losing fights i usually get all the milestones at streak 43.
    3* - same thing here.
    4*basic - all the way to streak 60.
    4* featured - now that i have completed the other arena rarity i was then able to create more free time because my mix-match slow method allowed the used 5* rarity to refresh while as mentioned in round 2 description as well killing time doing other arena for the time being just helped to push the remaining milestones in 4* featured arena more faster and less time spent leaving me to clock out the remaining arena timer of still 30-36 hours left to go.

the 5* arena is often last and often up to me if i want to give more of my time to make it feel more valuable if the arena timer is still lots left to grind or not.

in the new arena structure i can't even do that anymore... all that valuable time was only able to be spent on ONE ARENA FOR THE DURATION OF 48HOURS.... so yes i am angry because this is not what we asked for.
    we didn't ask for the whole overhaul system.

we only asked to erase deathmatch,

we asked for more arena points earned by victory fight so we could spend less time in arena.

we asked for something new touchy feeling to give arena something more alive, for example if a champion get K.O then it gets to be Thanos snapped and disintegrated into nothing just to make it feel more alive.

we asked to ban 5* collection to not be used in 4* featured arena because the amount of deathmatched would have cut down to nothing but only 4* opponents. and could effectively use those banned 5* collection to only have access to the 5* featured arena and even in the future newest 6* arena because it doesn't make sense to give those 5* collection access to 4* arena.

we tried to help you out in our suggestion thread because we love this game.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I missed stating max 4-Star is kind of useless.

I forgot to take an image on winning this fight. Think I was just shocked I got through.

Calculate the points total to get this.

4* are not entirely useless if you understand a bit more how the buggy streak formula really works. here's the evidence of mine that you can try when you run out of r5, r4 and r3 of 5* collection. this allows you to continue using up the remaining r2 and r1 of 5* collection to keep musing out points from them. you can also use this method of mine to combine it with 5* r5 and two r5 4* and work you way through all the 5* collection - that way you effectively use up everyone while maximizing all the points and slowly allow those 5* to finish working their cooldown duration. i'm just throwing an suggestion that you can try it out if your 5* collection isn't stacked. you can also use the same method for the 6*.

• TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I should've done the Falc arena for higher rank rewards. Not that the bump would be substantial given my point potential, but ah well. But hey, 4 star Shang-Chi yaaaay, lol.

Anyways, ~90 rounds for ~12m in Shang's arena. Just using my limited roster of 6r1/5r4s or above. Dipped into lower ranks for science and only ran into trouble with 5r1s, but it looks like I was just lucky.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It sucks that they won't change it back to the old style because I can't guarantee now that I'll have the time and especially the desire to put in six million just for the three star feature. So I guess we'll see what happens
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I missed stating max 4-Star is kind of useless.

I forgot to take an image on winning this fight. Think I was just shocked I got through.

Calculate the points total to get this.

4* are not entirely useless if you understand a bit more how the buggy streak formula really works. here's the evidence of mine that you can try when you run out of r5, r4 and r3 of 5* collection. this allows you to continue using up the remaining r2 and r1 of 5* collection to keep musing out points from them. you can also use this method of mine to combine it with 5* r5 and two r5 4* and work you way through all the 5* collection - that way you effectively use up everyone while maximizing all the points and slowly allow those 5* to finish working their cooldown duration. i'm just throwing an suggestion that you can try it out if your 5* collection isn't stacked. you can also use the same method for the 6*.
    Thank you so much. :)
    This means a lot for me.

Well, Mr Negative is mine to bag.

yuw said:

yuw said:

yuw said:

The comment I replied to says remove 3 star from the arena because they are useless but i have 700 of these greater boost crystal that i can get 3x booster from and from the current 6 star arena. Unless you assume people running 6 star arena don't run summoner trial arena, I don't agree removing 3 star from arena
    Most people aren't running the Trials. My point was actually that the 3* Featured should come back. Although my minor point was that we get 3* Boosts and the only place to use them is the Trials.