**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    With this current system I can get more 5* and 6* shards, no chance of getting 6* champions but I get a lot less of units. Before I cleared all milestones and got all units from 4* basic, 4* featured and 5* featured now I can only play for 6* featured.

This current system only benefits very very hardcore grinder with very strong rosters (very strong rosters alone doesn't cut it because you will have to grind more).
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Not a fan of these arena changes. Like many have stated, it's WAY too difficult, if not impossible, to get the equivalent of milestones/units to the previous system when my 5 and 6 star roster is stretched between the 2 most relevant arenas.

For the Summoner Trials arena, my suggestion would be to combine all milestone rewards that were previously obtainable in the 2* and 3* star arena, ration them out between 10 milestones, keep the shards as PHC's, and insert the 3* champion back into the final milestone. Total amount of points needed to reach all milestones: 1 million. Champion requirements: 1, 2, and 3 stars.

For the basic arena, remove the 6* altogether and make it a 5* basic arena with the top 10% getting the champion. Combine all the milestone rewards that were previously obtainable in the 4* basic arena but only half the milestones rewards previously obtainable from the 4* featured arena, ration them out between 10 milestones, keep the shards as GMC's, and put the 4* into the final milestone rewards. Total amount of points needed to reach all milestones: 6 million. Champion requirements: 4 and 5 stars.

Keep the format for rank rewards in the 6* featured arena as is. For milestone rewards, combine the other half of the rewards that were previously obtainable in the 4* featured arena with all the milestone rewards previously obtainable in the 5* featured arena, ration them out between 15 milestones, keep the shards as GMC's, and put the 4* into the 6 million milestone rewards. Total amount of points needed to reach all milestones: 14 million. Champion requirements: 4, 5, and 6 stars.
  • TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

These new Arenas may alter the Arena experience

You are correct. Never playing arenas anymore will be a significant change to my arena experience

What if that was a 5* aegon? Would the f2p be complaining? Doubt it. Onl 4 crystals and I got a new champ. An e his and the gold, and the chips.

Do you always use such results based thinking when analyzing the merits of things? Sure, a few people might get a 5* Aegon. So what? The VAST majority of players won't. But none of this is relevant to the point anyway. We're talking about the people (like me) who don't play arenas for shards and champs. Our only interests are the units and battlechips.

Shan said:

Wait till all the people complaining start getting 5* crystals from their crystals they accumulated.

I like this arena.

I fail to see the strength of the argument it hurts f2p people.

It will greatly expand their roster over time. Much faster than any other game mode.

Some units lost more 5* and 4* champs gained and duped. These same people were not getting 6* shards before now heir duping groot and iron fist every week,

Lol I think he is not even a player.
    Who will go for 105 units in 70+ streak now in summoner trails? You like this arena do you ever play arena? An arena player can tell you streak by seeing milestones. And i am arena player and i just need 4 paths of 6.2.5 to be the breaker of throne and i have only 39 6* with those its not possible to get all milestones in both arena
    I don’t care about units that much.
    You do realize that not everyone in the world has the same goals as you, right? There are those of us who do care about units. One of our primary sources of them is now, for all intents and purposes, practically gone.

You keep saying "but look at all the shards you get!!!"

And we keep replying "shards are not why we play arena"

Do you think hardcore f2p players make a large base of players? This benefits a majority of players not f2p looking to keep up with whales.

Which group do you believe makes up the largest portion of the player base?

A: Whales
    B: Non-f2p players looking to keep up with the whales
    C: "Hardcore" f2p players
    D: Casual/semi-serious f2p or very low spending players who would dip into arenas for a few milestones for units and battlechips, but has no interest in clearing them all or grinding for the free champs?

If you think the answer is anything but D, I urge you to look more than 3 inches from the tip of your nose.

I fall into the fourth category. As a FTP player who isn’t really that serious about the game, I’m a Cavalier level player who would occasionally hit 1.2 million with my 5 and 6*s in arena. Now, I feel like I’m getting less in the long run. I’m too busy with life to spend 2+ hours grinding just to get decent rewards.
  • NamitNamit Posts: 1

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.
    kindly do more units , being a uncollected i cant even get above 4.5m and i cant keep INFINITE STREAK cause i have rank 4 and rank 3 5* and 1 6* and i get paired with rank 3 6 star or rank 5 5*... WE UNCOLLECTED DONT HAVE A ARENA TO WORK UPON.. from 150 unit per arena now i get 55 UNITS less almost 1/3 kindly bring back the arena or get a arena with 3 ,4 and 5 star for uncollected as we are suffering
  • jaydubjaydub Posts: 41
    I am glad that the developers decided to rework the arena setup, it was long past due for an overhaul but I think it still needs some adjustments. My account is uncollected status but does not have a roster with enough weight to handle the 6 star basic or featured arenas but along the same lines, my account has progressed past the point where I can benefit from the summoner trials. The summoner trials is perfect for accounts with Proven or Conqueror status. I would like to see a level of arena suited for each progression level.

I would suggest that 6 star featured and 6 star basic offer cavalier shards instead of grandmaster and for summoner trials, offer grandmaster shards instead of premium hero shards since GMC crystals are being made available to accounts that aren't uncollected anyway so why not make those shards a milestone for summoner trials instead of PHC shards?

27 rounds in summoner trials (using just 4 stars) puts me at about 750,000, 18 rounds puts me just over the minimum requirement for rank rewards in the Shang Chi arena. I tossed my hat into that ring just to test the content because it is a new format.

I appreciate the open forum for the community to offer their feedback on these recent changes.

Good luck to those making the push for 6 star additions to their roster!
  • 11993451199345 Posts: 341 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    My BHR is 1,328,579

My PI is 10,628

And I STILL have a hell of a time meeting these milestones...

If it's taking me this long to get 9M in each 6* arena, those players with less of a roster don't even have a chance...there simply isn't enough time in the day.

One of my main issues is refresh time. If you're going to make the grind longer, with fewer rewards, LOWER THE CHAMP REFRESH TIME!! That'll at least give us a better chance of meeting these spread out milestones.

I can't imagine it would be a huge undertaking, just lower the timer.

I'm not asking for more units, better crystals, or closer milestones, just lower the champ refresh time so we can get back into the arena faster.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Well I sincerely hope they fix this fast. They lost the first quarter and there’s 4 of them,..don’t want to lose the game.

Can’t see a move like this helping matters .
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

I can't count the number of times I have lost my streak with the new arena. I am lucky to get to maybe a streak of 13 before losing it. For 3 days effort I have gotten a whole whopping 25 units. This is pathetic. I don't care about 5 and 6* champs from arena with the current setup; I will never achieve the points to get them. I want to get units and the little bit of 5* shards I can achieve from the first couple of rank reward ranges.

Sandbag for 10-14. Two R3 5*s and one 1/10 4*. Use your highest teams for 15-18, then whoever you want. I wouldn't recommend going below an R3.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm still not sure of the threshold so I throw on a Boost just to be safe when I get down to my R3s.
  • PapaTutPapaTut Posts: 20
    Having two sets of 4*-6* arenas only benefits those with bigger accts. To do the 1*-4* arena for 4* rewards seems less than helpful, players will be stuck with 4*s for a while. Taking mostly 4*s into the higher arenas would take forever to get to any meaningful rewards. The Grandmaster shards you get are great to increase your useless 3* roster. I've pulled one 5* from all the Grandmaster crystals I've got, the rest were 3 or 4 stars which don't really help to advance. New arena's seem like a money grab to me, the whales will drop units to keep their top champs in play and push the max peak rewards out of reach for the average player. JMHO
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yale007 said:

Why don’t you make the 6* arena for thronebreaker only and have it have no milestones. The top 100 get the champ. If they do the 6* arena they are locked out of all other arenas. Then Revert the arena system back to what it was. You literally poisoned your fanbase against you to appease 100 people who will get the 6* champ. It’s just mind boggling myopically tone deaf.

I just can’t get over how no one at kabam thought about how this arena change ruins 2 and 3* champions. Literally the only reason to collect and use them is arena. Why would I waste resources or time grinding for useless champions, considering the strangle hold you are putting on said resources with this new system? I like getting new champs to check out and it keeps me interested in the game, considering I don’t see them as 5*s till 9 months to a year after they premiere. Now I have no place or reason to use 3*s or care about new champs entering the game.

Arena is literally the backbone of your game and you just snapped it in multiple pieces. Even if it’s a loss leader cause of FTP players, that allows them to compete with whales in AQ and War. What you’ve done is a create a caste system where the rich get richer and the poor leave your game cause you keep spitting on them.

This move has soured me on the entire game and ever playing any other Kabam games. It just seems to have zero thought or consideration for the overall ecosystem of your game.

Wait, so you want to punish all the players who wanted to just grind the featured arena for milestones?? Why? How does that help you? Let me get this straight. So you what the majority of the players who decide to grind in that arena (all but 100) to receive absolutely nothing for their grind? Why is your anger directed at other players? They didn't create this system. And Kabam has said they will fix it.

This is the problem with a lot of the posts here. "Units grinders" think that the arenas only serve two purposes. Grind units or the "whales" can go for a champ. BG is on of these "whales" going for a champ btw. Basic this time. This is false though. There are many players who want to grind for shards, not the champ. I'm one of them. I was excited to see I can now grind for a nice amount of shards. And of course... if I put in the same effort as everyone else does in the other arenas, I want milestones too lol.. Anyway, there's a whole sample of the player base that will want to grind for shards and units (in the 6 star arenas). And I don't think we are being represented in this thread very much. The unit grinders are making the most noise and we're being drowned out.

And for the record, I completely agree the current system is broken. In fact, I think just about everyone agrees... Including Kabam. They can fix it so it's good for EVERYONE. You don't have to punish veteran players to make it good for progressing players, just like you don't need to punish progressing players to make it good for veterans. A balance can be found. Please, let's stop turning on each other calling for changes that hurt a portion of the community. It's just not necessary.
  • STN72STN72 Posts: 6

Kavya30 said:

16.5M for one is too much and I am a milestone grinder. I will not be able to grind for 33M. Just can’t. As an FTP, guess my hopes for July 4th are in the trash

I'm Curious: Prior to these Changes, how many Milestones across all of the Arenas did you used to complete? If you don't remember that, do you remember how many Units approx you'd earn from Milestones per Arena run?

Our goal is to keep the effort roughly the same, but of course, with reducing the number of Arenas, that's going to be difficult. With the change of the rarities allowed in each Arena, the points are definitely going to be different, but we want to keep the effort roughly the same.

If that's not the case, we want to know! We won't know that on the first day or possibly even the first run, but please keep the feedback coming.

I think the milestones are quite hard to get for people like me who have some usable 6* champions, but rest of the 6* roster is not usable due to death matches being common. So I would like to see the milestones getting reduced.
This discussion has been closed.