Get help button is broken

Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Member Posts: 34
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dear @Kabam Lyra
I have been facing huge problems in asking for player revival option button in arenas. I have to force restart game at least 3 times to fully cover the champs used in arena. And this seeking help button isn’t breaking after 100 fights or anything. I force restart the game and I still fail to press the button and I have to again force restart. As a player I feel totally frustrated and exhausted doing it day in and day out. I am a dedicated player of this game and it really makes it difficult for me to play the game. Please fix the issue as soon as you guys can as it takes away the fun and competitiveness off the game. And as a player I have every right to seek compensation for the lost time forcing restart and then having to report problems.

Regards
Harshbawa1 (in-game name)

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    What exactly is the problem you are encountering with the button? Also, what possible compensation do you think you deserve for having to restart the game? Is that a pain, sure, but it takes what a minute or two maximum to reload the game?
  • Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Member Posts: 34
    Crine60 said:

What exactly is the problem you are encountering with the button? Also, what possible compensation do you think you deserve for having to restart the game? Is that a pain, sure, but it takes what a minute or two maximum to reload the game?

Problem is not having to restart the game mate. It is the broken feature which should be fixed. Whoever spends money on game and is competing to get a champion would not like that happening even few fights. I hope that makes it clear why I am raising this issue.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, sorry to hear about this. I would first try to go through our troubleshooting steps for iOS or Android, depending on what type of device you have. If that doesn’t solve the problem, I would get in contact with our Support Team. They can be reached from the game’s home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and then scrolling down to the button labeled “Support”.

Hey there, sorry to hear about this. I would first try to go through our troubleshooting steps for iOS or Android, depending on what type of device you have. If that doesn’t solve the problem, I would get in contact with our Support Team. They can be reached from the game’s home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and then scrolling down to the button labeled “Support”.

I am using iPhone 11 pro max, running on iOS 14.5.1 which is the latest iOS. Also I am using ipad pro 7th generation running on iOS 14. Please see if this request help featured can be corrected as I am really getting annoyed with force restart of the game every 5-6 requests out of 150+
    @Kabam Zibiit please refer abovementioned post.
  • DanxorDanxor Member Posts: 113 ★★
    This bug has been in the game I think pretty much forever, It appears that when the client sends off the request for aide on the Arena Screen, it locks user input until a response is received from the server. Sometimes the response from the server is lost and the client never receives it, and thus the client is in a state waiting for a response forever, forcing your game into a softlock. You end up having to restart, and then when you get in you see that the aide request has gone through because the server did process the client request.

So I believe the bug is either:

1. The server fails to send the proper response on processing the request sometimes
    2. The server sends the response and the client never gets it

I feel like this could easily be resolved with some change such as

1. If the client doesn't get a response back in ~1 second, the client removes the lock on the input and moves on, the user can click the help button again and get back an error from the server and refresh their state.
    2. Have when the client sends off the request, the client just fake assumes the server succeeds and removed the button and sorts the champ as "help requested", then later if there is an update that says otherwise put the champ back up to have help requested.
    3. Remove the stupid help request feature and make it auto do the request so no one has to click the button for a million champs in arena all the time.
    Danxor said:

This bug has been in the game I think pretty much forever, It appears that when the client sends off the request for aide on the Arena Screen, it locks user input until a response is received from the server. Sometimes the response from the server is lost and the client never receives it, and thus the client is in a state waiting for a response forever, forcing your game into a softlock. You end up having to restart, and then when you get in you see that the aide request has gone through because the server did process the client request.

So I believe the bug is either:

1. The server fails to send the proper response on processing the request sometimes
    2. The server sends the response and the client never gets it

I feel like this could easily be resolved with some change such as

1. If the client doesn't get a response back in ~1 second, the client removes the lock on the input and moves on, the user can click the help button again and get back an error from the server and refresh their state.
    2. Have when the client sends off the request, the client just fake assumes the server succeeds and removed the button and sorts the champ as "help requested", then later if there is an update that says otherwise put the champ back up to have help requested.
    3. Remove the stupid help request feature and make it auto do the request so no one has to click the button for a million champs in arena all the time.

I agree with the third point. Dear @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Miike please work on something such as:
    1. where summoner doesn’t have to press the request button at all and decrease the refresh time;
    2. Or make it 10 request per click so that even if something happens with server at least we don’t have to do it with multiple restarts
    3. Or fix the issue of server error in request help in arena refresh for good.

And in the meanwhile just provide us with a viable solution so that we may continue grinding arena.

Regards
    harshbawa1 (in-game name).
    iOS device 14.5.1 version
    iPhone 11pro Max
    Dear Kabam,

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

I would like to bring to your kind notice yet again the problem I am facing in “request help” button in arena. Last round I lost a golden opportunity to get a 5* Shang-Chi by a few points. And I would like to blame that broken feature for it. I am a sincere summoner since 2016. I wouldn’t lie if something is really broken. I spent 3 full days in arena and despite reaching so close I couldn’t get Shang-Chi merely because timely action was not taken when I raised a flag about broken feature.

I would really like if I am compensated for my lost time and effort. And if wits allow, I would really demand a 5* shang-Chi in compensation and if if case seems genuine to you please grant me what I am seeking. Thanks in advance.

Hope I will get a reply.

Sincerely
    Harshbawa1