**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The gold problem is getting real folks.

Comments

• SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I wish there was something to spend gold on. I'm sitting on 53 million and hundreds of gold crystals. When you get to a point with nothing left to rank all it does is amass. Yes it takes dedication and things are so much easier then in the beginning. If I say grind people will attack me, if I say make it easier it doesn't seem fair to people that Grinded. I have a full time job with long hours but people don't want to hear that. Take advtadge of realms, special events and get milestones. People should grind some arenas rather then spend time posting hundred of posts
    There’s never a point where there’s nothing to rank

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I wish there was something to spend gold on. I'm sitting on 53 million and hundreds of gold crystals. When you get to a point with nothing left to rank all it does is amass. Yes it takes dedication and things are so much easier then in the beginning. If I say grind people will attack me, if I say make it easier it doesn't seem fair to people that Grinded. I have a full time job with long hours but people don't want to hear that. Take advtadge of realms, special events and get milestones. People should grind some arenas rather then spend time posting hundred of posts
    There’s never a point where there’s nothing to rank

At least 75% of champs in this game don’t deserve to be ranked higher than 3/30 as a 4 star. So yeah, you can get to that point.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I Been there more than I care to remember @Mr_Otter . I used to go as far as sell ALL my
    t1-3 cats and whatever items I had I felt were expendable, and also occasionally my 2* champs, save my original maxed 9.Lol
    Currently Im in another one of those situations with 10 T4B's, 8 T2 alphas but only little over 100k gold. <sigh>
    As far as arenas are concerned, I personally believe it's not a very efficient way to earn gold if that was your main objective.
    In the basic and featured arenas, each perfect match nets a gain of like 100 or 200 if memory serves me, and the milestones probably a max of 20k to 30k tops. This isn't accounting for arena crystal gains which could fluctuate depending on your luck. And compared to the time needed to get to the last milestone is pretty difficult for those that have other responsibilities such as family, work, kids, oh and carpal tunnel
    LOL
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Run map 3 and grind arenas and you won’t ever run out
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I'm at 35 million also. Gold is very plentiful in the game
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I don’t do arenas and have less than 1 mil but I don’t rank up every 5* I can
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I haven't needed gold since before the first gold realm quest. Desperate for t1 alphas though lol.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Please give more gold
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    How can you possibly have nothing to rank? Every 4* you have is R5 and every 5* is R3+? You may be a top 50 player, you probably are, but surely nobody in the game has every champ maxed out.

The limiting factor for these players are not gold Nor T4cc but T1a and T4b. The gold aren’t being used because those 5* and 4* could not be ranked up because of insufficient T4b or T1a.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Where did all the alpha's go? That's what I wanna know. Use to have at least 10 or 20 in the extra stash alllllllll the time! After changing AQ rewards we get like none... Now it's spend glory for t1 Alpha's only pretty much?? Other than the normal quests, item use, etc..?!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    I have 35m gold. I donate 405k gold every week to my alliance treasury as we do barter trade of donations.

My gold amount is still going up.

The game gives you an avenue to earn gold through arena and not sitting on 70 energy all the time. You’re asking for more ways to earn it because you refuse to use the provided avenues? I have no idea what you’re talking about man.

No offense but to have that much gold requires some SERIOUS playing time. Not everyone can play like that. ...I have a job, a family and a real life outside of this. To think everyone who plays can just grind arena until their thumbs fall off for gold is short sighted. If you tell me that getting 35mill gold didnt take some real dedication then I call BS.

It doesn’t take real dedication man. No one says you have to upgrade everything. I only grind about 50 matches per day, which is approximately 2 hours spread across the entire day, enough to hit all milestones for basic and featured arena.

As you gradually take your time to slowly upgrade your champs, you’ll be getting them way faster than spending them. Not to mention I don’t sit on 70 energy all day. Just auto play the quests.

Anyway, I’m a forex trader, I have 2 kids, aged 3 and 5, and a real life outside of this game as well. So honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    I have 15mill gold.. god do I wish they let us trade lol
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    BTW.. bit of a protip. If you are low on gold, sell half your ISO inventory; nets you a lot of gold and if you don't have gold you can't use the iso anyway lol
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Gold is without a doubt my bottleneck resource.

Even when you build up decent reserves, Ranking a 5* just burns through it. Circa £250k just to rank up from rank 2 to 3 and then the cost of levelling up with iso once you’ve done that.

And I grind arenas. Please add a gold event soon.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

How can you possibly have nothing to rank? Every 4* you have is R5 and every 5* is R3+? You may be a top 50 player, you probably are, but surely nobody in the game has every champ maxed out.
    ztog3p03ochq.png
    All 1* maxed
    All 2&3* are 4/40
    All 108 4* are 3/30 or better
    5* are all 1/25 or better
    Need basics to rank everything.

I suppose that makes sense with the rate Basics come, over 50 Mil would be hard to use fluidly. Nice Sparky, by the way.
  • RinzlerRinzler Posts: 23
    I missed out on the gold realm just after xmas, frustration with the game/bugs/lag, I took a break, left me in a position where now alliance members still have 4-5 million gold left from that. The joy of gold hunting is killing the fun of the game.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have 35m gold. I donate 405k gold every week to my alliance treasury as we do barter trade of donations.

My gold amount is still going up.

The game gives you an avenue to earn gold through arena and not sitting on 70 energy all the time. You’re asking for more ways to earn it because you refuse to use the provided avenues? I have no idea what you’re talking about man.

No offense but to have that much gold requires some SERIOUS playing time. Not everyone can play like that. ...I have a job, a family and a real life outside of this. To think everyone who plays can just grind arena until their thumbs fall off for gold is short sighted. If you tell me that getting 35mill gold didnt take some real dedication then I call BS.

It doesn’t take real dedication man. No one says you have to upgrade everything. I only grind about 50 matches per day, which is approximately 2 hours spread across the entire day, enough to hit all milestones for basic and featured arena.

As you gradually take your time to slowly upgrade your champs, you’ll be getting them way faster than spending them. Not to mention I don’t sit on 70 energy all day. Just auto play the quests.

Anyway, I’m a forex trader, I have 2 kids, aged 3 and 5, and a real life outside of this game as well. So honestly, I have no idea what you are talking about.

I grind arena far more than you, and use my energy, and have zero gold balance consistently. I think you need to remember how wide the spectrum of players now is. If you started on day one and have a 600-700K collection, I can imagine why you have a surplus of gold.

(I agree with you on one thing - I run my own business and have a 2 year old, and I still find enough time to play the game to the fullest extent, so no excuses from me.)

I started a year ago, I have a 300K collection and I have dozens of champs I want to rank up. I'm sitting on over 25 T4Bs, I've got science and cosmic T4CCs close to expiry, I've got 20+ T1As and almost 8 T2As. I've just pulled 5* Blade and Starlord in a lucky featured opening, so I've now got about 2-3M to find just to rank those two up.

The point is, at various stages of the game, Kabam has the means to slow us down. In the earlier stages, it was ISO, followed by catalysts. In the middle stage, where I am now, it's occasionally T4CCs and mostly gold. In the future I'll probably end up where you are, starved of T4Bs and T1As.

What's annoying about gold is that it's the most basic currency in the game, it's used for everything, and it's annoying to have acquired the rarest catalysts only to be held back by a gold shortage. A gold realm really wouldn't hurt, it wouldn't upset the balance of the game too much.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I need gold badly too. I have started ranking up more 5* and it takes an incredible amount of gold to rank them. Throw us a bone please... give us a gold boost again soon? I don't mind doing my part to grind arenas, but that extra 20% will make a huge difference. Would also love some gold realms.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I think they should just convert a percentage of the xp gained into gold when an xp boost is active.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The point is, at various stages of the game, Kabam has the means to slow us down. In the earlier stages, it was ISO, followed by catalysts. In the middle stage, where I am now, it's occasionally T4CCs and mostly gold. In the future I'll probably end up where you are, starved of T4Bs and T1As.

Exactly this. If you're currently gold starved it just means you have a little while until you get over the hump and reach end game limitations with ranking your champs. Then you'll have tons of gold and not enough T4B's. It seems annoying to be gold starved right now but don't worry, eventually you'll be annoyed at being T4B starved. Something to look forward to.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    If you are doing arena consistently, gold is not a problem from what I have seen.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    T1as and t4bs become a problem later on.

I’m actually surprised more new players aren’t struggling with iso since it’s no longer in the arena crystals
  • deadly316deadly316 Posts: 52
    Goldrealm event will definitely start next month before Christmas or around new next month event.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Easiest way to get gold is Buy hero crystals and sell iso. that is the way Kabam wants it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Problem is so real, cannot spend it fast enough so I’m sitting on 73m.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This gold issue just cost Kabam money. I'm not dropping $100+ on materials when I don't have the gold to rank them up. These deals should come with gold as well.
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    some rewards tho in event quests , etc 2500 gold. what kinda reward... whats 2500 gold gonna do? its pretty lame indeed