**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Arena Structure Feedback

Comments

• OkbutwhyOkbutwhy Posts: 12
    My biggest issue is I don't have the roster hardly to keep up with 2 arena's that use 4-6* champs.

Kind of a farfetched suggestion, but I would be interested: Allow a "Toggle" to split points between the two top arenas, so I am not having to struggle or wait so long to attempt to get an infinite streak in both, but instead the toggle switch will split points earned between the two arenas.

i.e. If i earn 60k points in one round winning all 3, the streak continues, and 30k points goes into each of the top two arenas.

Theres no way I will ever likely be able to compete for even the 5* rank reward, but this would be a good option for the "middle of the road" players such as myself that isn't ready for end game content, but still trying to grow their accounts.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I realized that conspiracy theories are like a whack a mole. You cannot end them. If fine tuning champions are that easy, overhaul of all champions should take about 1 month. You can believe what you want, I will believe them if there is proof.
    It is not a coincidence that 6 star arena dropped along with an awesome champ. I think Bishop was the first champ to drop in 5 star featured and he was the first champ to have the persistent charge mechanic, correct me if I am wrong. They wanted to hype the new arena and it makes sense to release that along with a champ that they know will be sought after. I mean, who will go for Air walker if he was the first 6 star arena champ. But, saying they released Shang-chi and Mr.Negative only because of first quarter result is a bit of a stretch.

Have you ever been to a board meeting or owned a business? Profit-driven decisions are not a “conspiracy theory.”

I never said Shang Chi and Negative were only Due to the weak earnings. But if they really wanted to maximize Shang-Chi hype, his release would be closer to his movie release, which is slated for September. My guess is they moved him up to second quarter, or severely tuned him up.

Also, notice how Kabam Miike’s response to our complaints is to tell us that “several more arenas just like this will be coming” before they make any changes. There are 42 pages and counting worth of users that have responded to this thread, the vast majority of whom are severely upset. In the past, Kabam has almost IMMEDIATELY reverted changes that are this poorly received (see Hood).
    They need to see their “Data” first— not how the new changes have affected grind time or how rosters affect scores, but how the new arena system is affecting Kabam’s bottom line.
    Again, you can twist it any way you want, it does not make it correct. You can see that in Seatin's June leak video that this month's Eq was in design stages almost 3 months ago when Odin EQ was leaked. So, I can provide proof that this was not all some grand conspiracy theory from Kabam, but I cannot convince anyone who chooses to believe otherwise.
    This arena is not a total failure. It has some good aspects which needs to be retained. We need to move forward in game and not revert every time there is an outrage. How we need to tweak this arena so that the arena is much less of a grind and more accessible to people with low and medium rosters is what we need to decide and not just go back to the old arena.
    On my part, I look forward to getting almost 3k 6 star shards every week from the 6 star arenas. If I put up 22 mill in the old arena, I get 300 6 star shards, now I can get 1k, that is an improvement.
    Profit-driven doesn’t mean bad, and just because something it profit-driven doesn’t mean it can’t improve the game. But to act like everything Kabam does isn’t driven by profit is, to quote Ultron, “unbearably naive.”

Developing certain content months ahead of time has nothing to do with whether or not Kabam makes impromptu changes to other content or fast-tracks a character release. And even if Shang Chi and Negative weren’t buffed pre-release, that has nothing to do with the fact that this arena system is directly driven by Kabam’s profit problems.

Endgame players were spending zero units on arena, period. Now they are spending a ton to refresh their champions to chase a six star. The milestones are so high to prevent the next-tier players who need units to catch up to those top summoners to earn those units without spending so much time grinding that it’s easier and eventually (based on the time-value of money) cheaper to just buy the units.

It’s all about the money. Kabam, as part of publicly-traded netmarble games, is required to prioritize making money for its shareholders above all other things— and those shareholders don’t care if the game is fun or fair as long as it makes money.
    I will respond as per your order.
    1) I never said profit=bad. That is what a company is for. I told you that Shang-chi and 6 star arena coming in the same month is not a coincidence. They want people to spend in arena too.
    2) The point is you have no proof of that other than some vague theories about the champs being tuned before release. I already said about arena earlier, so I am not going to repeat.
    3) Endgame players spend no units in arena? Some of the top ranks in featured arena were taken by the "whales" as people put it. They were still going for the champs even if they had them duped. The milestones being high is a problem for people who grind for arena. But, if you think people who don't spend any money in the game are ever going to catch up with those who spend, you are crazy.
    4) It definitely is about money. Kabam needs to make money. But, it also has to retain as much players as possible to make money. Every player is a potential spender. How many people went from being completely FTP to spending on doubloons? I can tell you I know at least 10 people from my very small circle of friends who play the game. They were FTP from the time they started. So, when people say they are killing off FTP, or they don't care about FTP, I simply laugh at them. They make not care about you like a friend, or a parent or even a neighbor, but every FTP is a potential spender and Kabam definitely cares about that.

TL:DR - I agree with most of your points, only thing I don't agree on is that Kabam deliberately tuned champs before release to rake in the profits and that the new arena is a way to kill off FTP. That is simply not true. It is a mistake on their part which I hope they will correct.
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125
    The only reason I play arena is to build up my units and battle chips and this was taking away from me by adding these milestones at such a high mark. I would be able to hit all the milestones in the basic arena and hit as much as possible in the featured. The milestones need to be changed to help the F2P players like myself.
    I do put some money into the game lien the unit cards bud sigil and I might buy some of the offers that come out but now I am starting to rethink doing that if this game is heading to cater to the whales and pushing the peasants like myself out. We might not be the players that line the pockets but we do help make the game what it is today. We are the players pushing the heavy spender to spend because they don’t want to be out played by the F2P players.
    Please give us the option to get what we were receiving in the previous arenas some way some how.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

If not already done.. how about use them
    Units to finish content in game, get and rank up load of 6* and new arena will be ok for you
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

The cutoff for the 6 star version of Shang-Chi was 129,000,000+. Everyone below that missed out on the 6-star version of Shang-Chi. No other cutoff for a featured arena has ever reached 90,000,000. If this is what we can expect going forward, I’m done with arenas. Kabam should expand the number of summoners who receive the 6 star version of the champ (top 150 at least) and the 5 star version (top 1000). Give us incentive to push through that godawful grind.

I get what you're saying but no other featured had reached 90 mil but that was for the 5* now you can get a highly sought after 5* featured champ for ~55 mil. You're trying to compare a featured 5 from the old arena to a featured 6* champ in this arena. Makes sense the scores are higher. Not saying they shouldn't expand just that the straight comparison doesn't make sense.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    As F2P there has been no chance to get top milestone rewards and earn a 5*. Less I give up sleep maybe. So now with the changes, you want to absolutely guarantee that I dont ever get the 5*. I also dont have a chance at a 6*. Im no whale but the $10-20 I spend here is a waste of time. That money will go elsewhere.
    I grinded as much as I could with my free time this arena. Got just over 10 mil. so getting higher up to try to get a 5 or 6*. lmao, never going to happen. Might as well lock those rewards out for non whales.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    The community choice arena seems like a bad thing now that the format has change...

Milestones are harder to get with the new format so i'd give this a miss but instead use my champs wisely and instead target the units from the main 3 arena formats.
  • ЛеГеНдА55ЛеГеНдА55 Posts: 3
    Arena op
    Very much
    Heavy
  • CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Posts: 20
    The goal of the arena update was to prevent summoners from 100 percenting milestones in multiple arenas. This can be achieved by locking a summoner into their first chosen arena as is done with alliance wars and alliance quests. The 6* featured arena allows the use of 4*, 5*, & 6* champions just as the 5* featured arena did. No specific champion rarites were added into this arena. Therefore the increase of the final milestone is unjustified. Nobody can say that the 6* featured arena is a 4* featured arena with 6* rarity champions now allowed. That would give some validity to the higher milestones and ignore the fact that we have been playing the 5 star featured arena for several years now. The addition of a 6* champion as a rank reward alone will drive up the scores. The summoners that are chasing after the 6* champion will grind many more points beyond the final milestone than when the 5* champion was the top prize.
  • Snags78Snags78 Posts: 8

Hey everybody, thank you all for your feedback. We're hearing a lot about the Milestones (which is great), but if you have any other feedback, like on matches/deathmatches etc., please make sure to share that too.

Additionally, please keep your feedback constructive. If you do or don't like something, tell us why. I've cleaned up a lot of posts that tell us how they feel, but not what the reason is. Actionable feedback is always best, and to get to that, we need to understand the concern itself.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and feedback so far. Keep it coming!

So far the matches have felt the same, but I am really having trouble motivating to get to it knowing how much less i would be getting overall.

Things I like and you should keep:
    - Champ in milestones
    - less arenas
    - grandmaster shards (should be cavalier for cav+ players)

Things that need to change:
    - Cooldown times
    - points differences based on rank of champion
    - Milestones
    I like this but would also add to do away with death matches
  • Neto11SportNeto11Sport Posts: 4
    My suggestion is that you really want to keep these two arenas. That at least "facilitate" the acquisition of 5 or 6 stars(which I find almost impossible).
    Or that they create specific arenas for players who are just starting out, using their titles.
    Because if you continue in this tone, many people who depended on the arena to make resources will give up the game!

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

10% of players are responsible for 50% of the revenue.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
    What good is arena if the game's over? If someone said they'd be happy moving to a city where everyone's dying is a fool and not to be taken seriously.

These changes hurt the vets too and they're too blinded by the extra 6 star shards to realize it.
    Your right.. there is desperate need for an ‘in the middle arena’ as smaller accounts need somewhere to help grow accounts.

Again, to only show people what the difference is, I have only ran my 6* roster whilst I made and ate dinner, put kids to bed etc...

Means 3 rounds and arena done

Would not attach

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I get that most people including me don't like that the grinding for units have been made more time consuming. But attacking anyone who actually likes the new arena structure makes no sense. Some people have played a longer time or spent more money or both. Why are you targeting them instead of giving feedback to Kabam?

No one should be attacked for liking the new arenas but their comments should be criticized.

The other 90% are f2p or semi-f2p, and they need reasonable access to units or they can't play the game at all. The new arenas are cutting off their oxygen and they're slowly but surely dying. That's half the game's revenue!

The whales, spenders, and vets need to realize that the advantage they enjoy over others won't mean anything if the game dies.
    Why do those comments matter less than others? When someone says they like the new format because it suits their roster, they immediately get called out as whale or a Kabam shill. Why though? The game accommodates every kind of player. Why should anyone be criticized for liking the change?. Lots of people don't even like arena even though they are FTP and don't grind them, should we criticize them too?
    BTW, you have no data on how much players are completely FTP or how much are casual spenders. Only Kabam has the data. So, we really cannot judge what will happen if they decide to keep the format and milestones. All we have are some immediate reactions from players. We could have players adapt and start grinding more or grinding less.
    What good is arena if the game's over? If someone said they'd be happy moving to a city where everyone's dying is a fool and not to be taken seriously.

These changes hurt the vets too and they're too blinded by the extra 6 star shards to realize it.
    It's an over reaction from the community as usual for a change in the game. Kabam have already said they are looking into making changes, but everyone wants it done now. Game is not getting over anytime soon. Kabam have still posted a comfortable quarter albeit less than what they actually do. Go watch Seatin break down why their earnings are still impressive.
    How are these changes hurting the vet? it actually benefits them the most. So, I am not sure where you are getting this from. All I said was don't attack the person saying they like this arena, you said they should be criticized as well which makes no sense. Just because you don't like the change, no one has to? The arena has to change to accommodate low to mid tier players also, but the attitude of the community has to change too to accept alternate views and not call everyone who likes the change a Kabam shill.

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

It's an over reaction from the community as usual for a change in the game. Kabam have already said they are looking into making changes, but everyone wants it done now. Game is not getting over anytime soon. Kabam have still posted a comfortable quarter albeit less than what they actually do. Go watch Seatin break down why their earnings are still impressive.
    How are these changes hurting the vet? it actually benefits them the most. So, I am not sure where you are getting this from. All I said was don't attack the person saying they like this arena, you said they should be criticized as well which makes no sense. Just because you don't like the change, no one has to? The arena has to change to accommodate low to mid tier players also, but the attitude of the community has to change too to accept alternate views and not call everyone who likes the change a Kabam shill.
    The community cries about everything but these complaints have merit and need immediate attention. This is worse than 12.0 because the f2p system still functioned then, now it's just gone.

Vets are happy soaking in all the shards (I'm one of them), but what's the point if it kills the bottom 90%??? You realize Kabam would shut it down, right? And then we'd have no game and no shards and no crystals.
    Kabam would shut what down? The game? How do you go from arena change to game shutting down in a span of 3 days? They have said that it is being discussed, what more do you think should be done? This was the second round of the same arena that was run on Wednesday, how can they just change it after 1 round? I get that people want a solution now, but we also need to think of the bigger picture. They may actually change it for the next set of champs back to the old system, they also need to change their plans as to what champs to give because they may not have expected such a backlash.
    Could this have been done in a better way? Definitely. But, it's a screw up that they need to clean up now. They have got suggestions from the CCP and the community, let them come up with a plan first before raising doomsday predictions.
    Greekhit said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

The community cries about everything but these complaints have merit and need immediate attention. This is worse than 12.0 because the f2p system still functioned then, now it's just gone.

Vets are happy soaking in all the shards (I'm one of them), but what's the point if it kills the bottom 90%??? You realize Kabam would shut it down, right? And then we'd have no game and no shards and no crystals.
    Kabam would shut what down? The game? How do you go from arena change to game shutting down in a span of 3 days? They have said that it is being discussed, what more do you think should be done? This was the second round of the same arena that was run on Wednesday, how can they just change it after 1 round? I get that people want a solution now, but we also need to think of the bigger picture. They may actually change it for the next set of champs back to the old system, they also need to change their plans as to what champs to give because they may not have expected such a backlash.
    Could this have been done in a better way? Definitely. But, it's a screw up that they need to clean up now. They have got suggestions from the CCP and the community, let them come up with a plan first before raising doomsday predictions.
    Suggestions, plans, bla bla bla ...
    Does it takes to be a genius to cut off all milestone points to half, and give the 6* to top1% and 5* to top10%, at least for the basic arena?
    Solutions are there and are simple.
    Do this easy change immediately and everybody will be happy.
    Players are frustrated and quitting over the unreasonable delay of taking action.
    What about the people asking for the units that they grinded a week back that they could not do now because of such high milestones? I am no programmer and and have no idea about how they decide these things, only thing I know is that my unit grind got longer but my shards gain is also higher. If the solution is as easy as you are suggesting, I have no idea why they have not implemented them, especially if the future of the game in on the line.
This discussion has been closed.