**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just me or is CMM falling off lately

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    R3 Corvus. R3 Sparkles. I use Sparkles far more - she has higher and more sustainable damage, he has nice utility. Both get used, but CMM moreso.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★
    Cmm will never fall due to her burst and being able to keep the burst means she will be useful for high health pools.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    A single sp2 of CMM brings opponents to such a low health though she needs NF in order to keep the damage high but she’s definitely above all the other cosmic champs you mentioned.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    She is a aq/aw champion when you get full ramp up and she has high sig ability.. then she can kill those opponent without taking any damage (indestructible).. this is why she gets the hype when she released and she will maintain that tag in future too..
    If you run suicides and have nick furry synergy then you can also increase her potential in current meta of story quest (~400k health)
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    CMM can still be strong.
    Poison immune so max suicide on that. If u use her + NF + DPX, u can also use max bleed suicides as well.
    Lot of power there.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    She's still great. I use her in AQ a lot. My Cgr basically only gets used for potion farming, cuz I detest that no-dexing dilemma in high level content (also gets nuked by protect and bulwark in war 🙄). I don't use corvus nearly as much either, mostly for incursions when I'm running suicides. As for hyperion, he's still my favourite cosmic. Use him almost everywhere, but not at all when I'm running suicides.

CMM has been one of my top 5 most used for act 6 exploration so far. Use her in act 7, use her in cav EQ, etc. But of course that's all with my 5/65 Nick who I never have to regret bringing on any particular path unlike a lot of other synergy duos. As for Aarkus, venom, etc; they're just not as good as CMM unless you're considering specific content like variants.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I couldn’t actually keep reading after you said Medusa was better than Magneto for robots.... have you used his special 3? Or his special 2? He also has a flat 70% AA reduction and 105% regen reduction without even touching the opponent. You really only have to dodge one or two specials to get to a sp3 and that can almost always KO the opponent.

Dude... Medusa blocks AA by 100% and prevents them from gaining power which can easily be maintained permanently except against DM. Magneto still allows a chance for abilities to trigger, but I’d take someone who is guaranteed to win a fight than someone who has a very high chance at it and finishes in an sp3. Anyways, Medusa already has high damage and u can just spam backdrafts(against robots, not all metal)
    Eh, regardless of how good Medusa is, magneto is a 1 shot kill against 95% robots match ups in the game. To get to an sp3 that’s about 12 heavy attacks. Odds are only 4 of those heavy attacks will trigger something. Magneto is 1st choice against robots easily

Kill_Grey said:

She's still great. I use her in AQ a lot. My Cgr basically only gets used for potion farming, cuz I detest that no-dexing dilemma in high level content (also gets nuked by protect and bulwark in war 🙄). I don't use corvus nearly as much either, mostly for incursions when I'm running suicides. As for hyperion, he's still my favourite cosmic. Use him almost everywhere, but not at all when I'm running suicides.

CMM has been one of my top 5 most used for act 6 exploration so far. Use her in act 7, use her in cav EQ, etc. But of course that's all with my 5/65 Nick who I never have to regret bringing on any particular path unlike a lot of other synergy duos. As for Aarkus, venom, etc; they're just not as good as CMM unless you're considering specific content like variants.

If u use an sp3 then u can dex pretty safely (depending on rotation).
    Also I’m not talking act 6 but act 7 type stuff where health pools are almost double and some bosses have 800k health
    Yup, very dependent on rotation. By the time you go through all that, CMM is already through with the fight.

And yes, she slaughters a good amount of act 7 too, as I've said.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

I couldn’t actually keep reading after you said Medusa was better than Magneto for robots.... have you used his special 3? Or his special 2? He also has a flat 70% AA reduction and 105% regen reduction without even touching the opponent. You really only have to dodge one or two specials to get to a sp3 and that can almost always KO the opponent.

I have both as 5* r4 and Medusa is better for robots. Sure she takes a bit longer to kill them but you don't need to worry about sp and 100% AAR is better than 70% I have had Ultron evade and wreck me with Mags. The there are the skill Ultron drone that Kabam loves putting on power reserve or other nodes that give him a lot power quickly. That means a lot of sp baiting and I suck at dexing anything other than his sp1. Then there's 6.2.6 Sentinel, lots of stun immune or power gain robots where Mags is more riskly. In contrast, how many armour break immunity nodes have robots on them? Dragon man is the only robot that punishes you for amour breaking him and Mags won't work if you can't kill him in one sp3.
    Tl;dr Medusa is still the undisputed #1 robot killer but I would use Mags for other metal champs.

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Also I’m not talking act 6 but act 7 type stuff where health pools are almost double and some bosses have 800k health
    Yup, very dependent on rotation. By the time you go through all that, CMM is already through with the fight.

For shorter fights with CGR, if you don’t wanna worry about dexing you can use this rotation.

Dex, Medium ending combo, Sp1, trigger power gain. At the end of the power gain you’re at sp2, wait for judgment to reset and throw sp2.

That’s it. If you dex during the judgment resetting it’s still abso fine, just charge heavy and use sp2, the crit buff from sp2 replaces the dex so it’s fine.

No hassle.
    Hmm, that's an interesting one. Although I use this for shorter fights if I really don't wanna worry about dexing.

Parry-heavy, then parry into a light ending combo for power gain. After that it's medium ending combo then SP 2.

You can't dex on the way tho, but you don't need to worry about specials.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

For shorter fights with CGR, if you don’t wanna worry about dexing you can use this rotation.

Dex, Medium ending combo, Sp1, trigger power gain. At the end of the power gain you’re at sp2, wait for judgment to reset and throw sp2.

That’s it. If you dex during the judgment resetting it’s still abso fine, just charge heavy and use sp2, the crit buff from sp2 replaces the dex so it’s fine.

No hassle.
    Hmm, that's an interesting one. Although I use this for shorter fights if I really don't wanna worry about dexing.

Parry-heavy, then parry into a light ending combo for power gain. After that it's medium ending combo then SP 2.

Yeah that's a good one, since after you light end combo they're under a bar of power, so as long as you hit your parries all is well.

Just to add, another benefit of the rotation i mentioned above, is after you use your judgement reset, you charge heavy and throw Sp2 which means you've just triggered judgements 1-3, after your SP2 ends, if that hasn't killed them, you can go medium ending combo, light ending combo which triggers your 4th and 5th judgements, and gets you right back up to another SP2. That's two SP2s without a care in the world about dexing.

This rotation is infinite SP2 with free dexing, but if you're going into a fight where you need 3 SP2s, it's probably better to go for an SP3 first. I guess it could be useful if you can't use your SP3 for some reason or if you need a lot of armour break

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

No hassle.

Yeah that's a good one, since after you light end combo they're under a bar of power, so as long as you hit your parries all is well.

Just to add, another benefit of the rotation i mentioned above, is after you use your judgement reset, you charge heavy and throw Sp2 which means you've just triggered judgements 1-3, after your SP2 ends, if that hasn't killed them, you can go medium ending combo, light ending combo which triggers your 4th and 5th judgements, and gets you right back up to another SP2. That's two SP2s without a care in the world about dexing.

This rotation is infinite SP2 with free dexing, but if you're going into a fight where you need 3 SP2s, it's probably better to go for an SP3 first. I guess it could be useful if you can't use your SP3 for some reason or if you need a lot of armour break
    That's pretty confusing tho, ngl

A video would be nice if you have one 😆
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

No hassle.

That's pretty confusing tho, ngl

A video would be nice if you have one 😆
    Sure, I’ve recorded one for you. If you like add me on Line so I can send it you :)

My ID is bittersteel99
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    While I think that there are better options than CMM, she’s just great in so many scenarios. I use her in AQ and once I get to 25 charges, I just parry heavy spam and fights are over in 10 or less hits. I think she’s a top 5 cosmic easily when awakened with any sig, but not having that awakened ability does rank her down below like a max sig angela
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I think you’re over reacting. CMM is dropping a bit but not anything major. She’s far better than Corvus if you don’t run suicides and is in the top tier of the cosmic class.

The difference between her and people like venom, CGR, Medusa, Angela, and hype is what they’re best used for. I’m not going to go into specific detail because this’ll be really long if I do but I think you get the point.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    I have only 2 rank3 6*s and they are Nick Fury and CMM. I like her a lot as she was my first rank3 champ. But in 7.2 her use has drastically decreased. The only potential paths that i see her to be useful are ones which apply incinerate and coldsnap when defenders are touched. The same goes for variant 7 where I didn't used her at all. The main reason for this was that the nodes on the path were not useful for her. So it's true that her usefulness has gone down for the recent content but it doesn't mean she will not be useful for the future content.
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    I think CGR affected her because he definitely knocks her out of the top 3 cosmic.

When Medusa appears as a 6 star. You could argue she drops further since Medusa might actually offer more specific utility than Cap marvel.

She's still super good though. Just not the highest tier anymore.

Comfortably at the level of champs like sym supreme, stealthy, etc which is still great
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

CMM still strongly holds up. She’s just overshadowed a bit by CGR as they both fill the same role

I have both of them and I do use cgr more but there are uses for cmm. Like AQ God AW god and some content clearing
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    ddom said:

I think CGR affected her because he definitely knocks her out of the top 3 cosmic.

When Medusa appears as a 6 star. You could argue she drops further since Medusa might actually offer more specific utility than Cap marvel.

She's still super good though. Just not the highest tier anymore.

Comfortably at the level of champs like sym supreme, stealthy, etc which is still great

Funny you should say this. Medusa is available as a 6* in a unit store deal