**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 2: Upset the Meta!

Comments

• Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Hey Kabam, I finished my first play through yesterday. Rewards aside, I am so excited to start on full exploration. I remember 6.2 just making me feel miserable at the thought of having to full explore. 7.2 is so different.

I love the way the nodes make me think hard about which champ to bring in. The fights feel fair. I had to spend quite a few items getting the hang of the Gwenmaster fight but instead of dreading the next 5 times I feel like I will be able to handle it better the next time.

Really, job well done. Absolutely loving this new content.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Raichu626 said:

GOTG said:

I can't rank 3 a single champ or awake anyone after exploring 7.2 which was really a sad reality so please raise rewards in 7.3 Kabam.

At least give us 50% t5cc selector and 1 awakening gem man, how hard for you to do it?

You got a 25% selector from act 6 completion, another from 7.1 exploration (I'd assume) and now a third one. Along with >6 25% t5cc crystals, a bunch of sq crystals, and by now 3 nexus crystals from cav eq. I don't see how you don't have any t5cc, unless you intentionally chose not to get one...
    Oh you completely missed my point. I have 12 rank 3 6*. I mean after exploring 7.2 I should be able to rank 3 another one but I couldn't and that showed how little t5cc they give us as rewards.
    Ooooh, that makes a lot more sense. Yes, the rewards are rather stingy
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Posts: 100
    I just finished the fight with gwenmaster, The invisible woman part got a bit tricky for me. The rewards seemed a bit low to me considering there is a custom final boss, But it was a good challenge, good job Kabam
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    YimiGotay said:

I just finished the fight with gwenmaster, The invisible woman part got a bit tricky for me. The rewards seemed a bit low to me considering there is a custom final boss, But it was a good challenge, good job Kabam

Here’s where you went wrong, in case you go for exploration soon. If you die during the first phase without completing it, and just revive repeatedly until she’s dead, then you don’t have to worry about that phase or the Aarkus phase.

You’re welcome.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Have to say great job with 7.2 Kabam.
    You absolutely smashed it out the park with this content.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    7.2 was fun especially the gwenmaster fight, gwenmaster really tested my intercepting skills and I believe made me better at intercepting.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Just completed 7.2.5. Before I dive into 7.2.6, I have a dumb gwenmaster fight question. So if you die, you start the fight and have to complete all 6 missions again? If gwenmaster is low health, can she be ko without completing all the missions?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

Just completed 7.2.5. Before I dive into 7.2.6, I have a dumb gwenmaster fight question. So if you die, you start the fight and have to complete all 6 missions again? If gwenmaster is low health, can she be ko without completing all the missions?

Second one.
    xNig said:

zuffy said:

Second one.
    Not sure I understand. That didn’t answer my questions?
    zuffy said:

Take the 5-star lane. You get bonus 6-star shards and you do mad damage by just staying alive. I killed her on both accounts without completing the first phase. Only took a handful of revives.
    TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

Take the 5-star lane. You get bonus 6-star shards and you do mad damage by just staying alive. I killed her on both accounts without completing the first phase. Only took a handful of revives.
    Thanks. I am going give that mix master path a try.
    zuffy said:

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

Doom with Reed synergy was my mvp on the path. Medusa was good. Falcon was good, and so was venom.
    TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

Doom with Reed synergy was my mvp on the path. Medusa was good. Falcon was good, and so was venom.
    I got doom, km, void prof x, and falcon
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    zuffy said:

For the first question, no. It’s sometimes abit buggy but you can either start again on the first mission, or continue with the current mission.

For the second question, it means yes, you can KO her without completing the missions if she is at low health.
    Sweet, used professor x and managed to KM phase and took 4m health off. I must have not pay attention and hit into her blocks. Got killed from her unstoppable.

Anyway, 7.2 is completed and my rewards, I duped modok. LOL
    TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

You don’t need any revives for that fight, I took me 0 revives.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

YOU didn’t need any revives for that fight. Others still may.
    OGAvenger said:

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

And this “other” definitely did. I’m on an older iPhone and I’ve started having lag/responsiveness issues. Dashbacks turn to parries etc.

The window between a regular dash back and needing a reversed dash in to avoid the special was a mess for me. That node was great to just allow me to beat her down without mastering the phases or managing to build her prowess.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

OGAvenger said:

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

And this “other” definitely did. I’m on an older iPhone and I’ve started having lag/responsiveness issues. Dashbacks turn to parries etc.

The window between a regular dash back and needing a reversed dash in to avoid the special was a mess for me. That node was great to just allow me to beat her down without mastering the phases or managing to build her prowess.
    I had a different issue. She kinda went into a shell sometimes and the was not charging every time when I tried to intercept. My Sp2 did not register in the Doom phase and before I could build up to another sp2 and sp3, the timer ran out. I had to use a revive because I forgot how to gain prowess in mutant phase. It was an interesting fight for sure. But, remembering what to do after every sp2 is some work especially when she comes back to mutant phase.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Anyone finding the 3rd armour phase (invisible woman) tough to get through? The timer seems to beat me always...
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Anyone finding the 3rd armour phase (invisible woman) tough to get through? The timer seems to beat me always...

Gotta get those intercepts in there
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    After doing initial completion, I'm about halfway through explore. So far, I'm a fan of the design overall. Is it grit your teeth difficult for veteran players? No, it's not. Does it make you think and challenge you to step outside the box a lot? Absolutely. And there are a few fights that made me rethink my strategy. Especially if you go in and explore the content without watching guides. I have nothing at all against content guides. They're awesome. Just saying that if someone wants a more pure puzzle solving experience, they can go in without them.

Overall, I think it's a good blend of puzzle solving and some challenge here and there. I like that it's game knowledge based vs punishing for the sake of punishing if you don't have the perfect counter. It's up to you to figure out who your best counters are relative to your roster. Using your game knowledge/experience (or guides if you go that route). I like that I was taking fights with attackers I don't usually. Like, one example was fighting Medusa with Angela. High sig Angela totally counters her Autoblock mechanic, for an easier time to play around the nodes. Almost all of us just normally throw in the same old Nullify champs when we see her. But the nodes prompted us to use a Cosmic. Which was a refreshing change of pace.

I still disagree that the completion rewards were exactly the same as the previous chapter, but so far I'm liking the quest design. I think the difficulty is fine for Story mode. Especially since we now have high difficulty content being released along side.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    7.2 is still far easier than anything above 6.2. I have 100% 7.1 and 7.2, but I still have 6.3 to explore, and when I read those node combinations I feel physically sick. So those 7.2 rewards are good enough for the difficulty. Although for a semi endgame player there isn't too much exciting in them.
    Pulyaman said:

TyEdge said:

OGAvenger said:

TyEdge said:

zuffy said:

I had a different issue. She kinda went into a shell sometimes and the was not charging every time when I tried to intercept. My Sp2 did not register in the Doom phase and before I could build up to another sp2 and sp3, the timer ran out. I had to use a revive because I forgot how to gain prowess in mutant phase. It was an interesting fight for sure. But, remembering what to do after every sp2 is some work especially when she comes back to mutant phase.
    Yah my sp2 didn’t register as well, kabam hopefully fixed that bug.
    edited June 2021
    Gmonkey said:

master88 said:

we get more rewards from money deals lol terrible that act 7 chapter 2 is really bad rewards... carinas challenge gives more rewards lol

Carina’s challenge is way harder and impossible to do with out revives. I still think 6.2 is harder than 7.2.
    Apples and oranges. I did 6.1.5 and 6.2.5 with a total of 4 revives because I played like trash against mordo. That was 40% t5cc selector for two paths, more than I got for 6 paths of 7.2 or 25 paths of variant 7.

But I’m never touching the labyrinth stuff.
  • Haunted_ghoštHaunted_ghošt Posts: 75
    Kabam has really knocked it outta the park with this one.
    Every quest has 2-3 paths I would consider there’s no one easy path like in chapter 6.
    Every node I’ve done makes me fight in a different way nothing was to easy and nothing felt unfair
    It was legitimately FUN one thing I’ll say just to add a critique not every node was super clear
    Like one read “all special attacks are unblockable” they mean all the defenders
    special attacks are unblockable.
    The chests instead of just the items wasn’t needed.
    Everything else was maybe my favorite content so far!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Best story content imo. Was long as hell, but enjoyable. Made me really appreciate some champs that aren't considered to be absolutely top tier. My rank 2 6* Mister fantastic was probably my most used champ along with my 5* Hyperion (power sting synergy is a godsend). Godpin, iabom and Molegod also saw a tremendous amount of use. Torch and Doom coming in clutch as usual. Ghost obliterating a few paths as well. Apoc and horseman AA also dominated. Sym supreme really came through, and made me change my impression of him. There's a lot of other champs I used (probably between 30-40 champs used in total). Overall, it was very fun.

I went into exploration with the mentality of not using Quake for any fight, and I succeeded. Claire and Nick also saw minimal use as I wanted to diversify my squad a bit. Warlock did almost literally nothing, and stealthy was my MVP for the last quest, soloing gwenmaster about half of the time.

A lot of my paths were itemless as well. Rewards gave me an of black panther from the nexus (not too shabby), and I chose science from the selector. Now I'm about 70% to a rank 3 Mister fantastic.