**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Sit-Down: KDSuperFlash10

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
It’s finally here… the longer awaited sit-down with the irreplaceable @KDSuperFlash10. Enjoy!

Favorite champion?

Tough question. Very tough question. I’d say it’s a toss up between Silver Surfer, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Apocalypse, Cable, and Vulture. It all depends on how I’m feeling that day. But if I had to choose one, it’d be Silver Surfer. He’s just so buttery smooth to me and I use him nearly everywhere. I’d love a 6 star Silver Surfer. Easy r3 for me. I still think he’s super underrated as well.

Worst class?

Tech. What a yucky class. There’s Ghost, Warlock, Guillotine 2099, Vulture, Guardian, and then a massive dropoff. And just so many Iron men duds… If the War Machine and Ultron buff leaks are true, I hope they inject some life into the tech class.

AW or AQ?

Not really a fan of either at the moment. I’m leaving my alliance at the end of this season to take some time off from alliance based activities and play more casually as a solo player. Though if I had to choose, it would be AW. I just love smashing stunning reflection Killmongers with my r3 6* CGR. Vulture also put in a bit of work this past season! It’s just fun to be a part of a group of guys who all have a common goal to beat your opponents. I’m interested to see how Kabam changes AW in the coming months.

Best animations?

Silver Surfer. He’s just so buttery smooth. He glides through his surfboard knocking out all his opponents like a beast. Shoutout to Vulture as well, I was gonna r5 him before his buff simply because of his animations. His buff came and made Vulture a top tier tech champ, amazing animations + amazing kit = amazing champion!

How’s your day going?

Better than ever, summer break is upon me and I don’t have to worry about anything school-related. I’ve also started watching Breaking Bad, a very intriguing show. I’m also looking forward to hanging out with my friends tonight as well. We haven’t decided on where we’re going yet, it’s between Sushi and Italian. Italian.

How much content have you completed?

100% all story content (except for Act 2), 100% all variants (except Variant 1), Completed Labyrinth a while ago as well.

What’s your roster look like?

What got you into MCOC?

Not too sure what got me to download it back when I started playing in 2017 (maybe a cool ad or something), but after taking a 2 year break, I returned when quarantine started in April 2020. I was bored so I decided to pick up an old game. Soon enough I was hooked. There was so much to do, and so many new champs to explore! My brother and I both downloaded the game at the same time, and we progressed at very similar rates. He was ahead of me in story content for a while until I caught back up to him.

What’s your most controversial MCOC opinion (please limit this to 1 answer kd)?

Ugh one answer only 🙄. But if I had to say my most controversial MCOC opinion, it would be that 6.2 was the best content ever released in MCOC. I consider it to be nearly perfect content.

Why is that opinion that way?

I loved 6.2 so much. I thought the class gates were brilliant. I was able to use the entirety of my roster (except for Domino, she’s gonna ride the bench forever). The bosses were unique and challenging. Maybe it also felt nice that it was the final chapter to explore in my journey to explore all of Act 6, so it felt really good powering through it knowing that the end was in sight. But seriously, I had so much fun in there. Even in 6.2.5, the Mordo boss made me appreciate the hell out of Void. What a phenomenal champion Void is. I used Quake a little more than I would’ve liked, but the healthpools weren’t massive so it wasn’t too slow. The Champion boss was awesome as well. I had a great time vs The Champion in all of my paths except for the Burden of Might linked node. Ugh, burden of might. I didn’t have Doom, Shulk, or Aegon at the time so I used Corvus and max attack boosts to power through it. Not my greatest moment but it was 100% worth it because I pulled 6* Prof X, Corvus, Claire, Nick Fury, and Thing from my 6* crystals/nexuses.

Is apocalypse a dud?

Yes.

He continues along with some random text about how apocalypse is actually below I don’t know what he’s doing

Ok but fr, Apocalypse is an insanely powerful champion. The #1 best mutant in the game in my opinion because he’s not only powerful by himself, but he makes the entire mutant class even more OP. One of my 3 most used champions in Act 6 exploration.

I don’t know how many times I’ve been memed for that thread on the forums and discord, probably deservedly?

Name a champion you want to see in game, and explain why.

Hercules gang!

Tbh this is a tough question because I haven’t read too many comics. It would probably have to be Galactus though because when I was younger I thought of Galactus as this beyond OP cosmic entity, so yeah I’d like to see him as an Apocalypse-esque champion who makes Silver Surfer beyond broken OP. I can hope at least. In reality he’ll probably be worse than a monkey with guns.

What changes do you want to see to MCOC?

The roadmap stuff excites me for sure, so a lot of that stuff. The new buffs every month are some of my favorite things in this game. I love seeing champs go from zero to hero. What I’d like to see is fewer gap months (like January-March of 2021) with little to no content other than the regular EQ. I like big content like new Story content, challenge content, special events, etc.

What makes content in MCOC fun?

I think it’s a mix of using my favorite champions (other than Quake) to tackle the biggest, baddest content, and opening those juicy rewards at the end. It’s just a very nice feeling to power through content and be rewarded for it in the end. I really like the addition of nexuses and selectors in Act 7 rewards, I think those are brilliant. Removes some of the RNG aspects in the rewards for exploring each chapter.

You still think Colossus is the true heir to Ghost and Quake or did you wake up from dream land?

Oh I did wake up from dream land a long time ago. But I can’t deny that Colossus was my MVP for completing Act 6, that dude is such a beast for progressing players. Hits super hard, has so many immunities, and super tanky. I rarely use him nowadays though, he just rides the bench. I have other champs that do what he does in slightly more effective and fun ways. When you play Colossus too much you kinda get bored of those animations. That might just be me though. He’s a great champion, just not the true heir to Ghost and Quake as I claimed last Summer.

You can put one thing in MCOC. What is it?

A Sentry buff. Make that dude beyond broken OP, people have been crying out for a massive Sentry buff for ages. He looks so cool, his animations are great, his flow is smooth, and then there’s his kit. *sigh*

Name one champion that you feel is underrated by the community. (OTHER THAN CABLE)

I’d typically say Cable Sliver Surfer but I’ve probably said that on multiple occasions before, I even made an entire thread explaining it so I’ll delve into another underrated champion. iHulk is my choice here, he’s truly a beast. Mine’s at r5 and when you get into his sp2 stun loop, it’s lights out for the opponent. His regeneration is also insane if played correctly. He’s got his flaws, but he’s great. I think that people turned their backs on him the moment CCP videos came out, where iHulk at first was very disappointing. However, his post-release tuning was super important, especially pausing rage during special attacks. He’s not the best champ, but he’s a very fun and cheesy champ. I used him a fair bit in 7.2.

If you could go through any Act again for the first time, which one would you go through and why?

Though 6.2 was my favorite Act content, I sure as hell don’t wanna touch it again for a while. I’d probably say going through Act 5 again with my old roster, where I ran my r3 5* Blade and maxed out 4* Stark Spidey and Ghost Rider throughout the entirety of Act 5. Blade was truly the king of that content, and it brings me so much nostalgia looking at old livestreams of YouTubers using Blade there. He was the king of the contest at one point in time, and Stark Spidey and Ghost Rider were his left-and-right hand men. What an OP trinity it was. So yeah, I’d go back into Act 5 and just mess around with the OG gods of the contest.

What do you hope to accomplish in the following year?

I just want to play at a chill pace and have fun with the game. Rank the champs I like and have fun in new content. I’ve had a grindy mindset at times in the past, but it usually leads to me getting burnt out. So I just want to play for fun, and enjoy the game for what it is. I would’ve never continued playing the game if it wasn’t for the MCOC community in discord though, those guys are legends.

Why does Cable suck so much?

*Sigh*

Cable’s a beast, probably the biggest zero to hero story we’ve had in a while. But I understand that he used to be that guy. The champ who made people rage quit from the game because they had pulled him 5 times from 6 star crystals. Nearly every veteran account had a relatively high sig 6* Cable. Then Apocalypse entered the contest. He made Cable a damage god. And now Cable is used everywhere in the contest. He was one of my MVPs for Act 6 100% because of how simple and effective he is, spam heavies and win the fight. He can regenerate lost health as well, which is very nice. He’s got a few other nice abilities but they all pale in comparison to his insane degen damage.

Write a couple paragraphs explaining the utility and usability of the character you know the best.

I would’ve gone in-depth about Cosmic Ghost Rider, but he obviously has no utility whatsoever, so I unfortunately can’t talk about him. 😔

Guess I’ll talk about Apocalypse. What a beast of a champion. His specials hit mega hard (160% prowess at 4 genetic code), and he pairs up so well with Cable and Stryfe, two phenomenal champs. Apocalypse inflicts different utility per special attack. On his sp1, he inflicts a weakness and poison debuff, which helps reduce incoming block damage and reduces healing by a little bit on the opponent. His sp2 inflicts a concussion and degeneration debuff, which help reduce the proc rate of the opponents’ abilities and inflict respectable DOT. His sp3 doubles the potency of all of these effects, resulting in a 50% weakness, a 70% concussion, and typically ~1300 damage per second from those poison and degeneration debuffs. His special attacks also inflict extra bonus damage for each of his personal debuffs on the opponent. His damage receives an even bigger bonus when paired with a mutant team, with a max of 60% extra attack. That makes his special attacks and damaging debuffs hit even harder.

But that’s not all, Apocalypse also gains immunity to bleed, incinerate, and disorient when inflicted with those debuffs for 8 seconds. These immunities are all very useful, and I have noticed myself needing the disorient immunity multiple times in Act 7. There are multiple lanes with annoying disorient debuffs, as well as the typical biohazard/caltrops and freezer burn/energy adoption-fire lanes for his other two immunities. Perhaps his most incredible piece of utility, Apocalypse shuts down all debuff purification. Skill champs have no chance against him, as well as literally any debuff purifying nodes (there’s so many in Act 6/7). Apocalypse can also counter evade, as every time the opponent evades he reduces -evade ability accuracy by 10%. It is definitely not the best evade countering mechanic, but he works. I typically just don’t end my combos until around a 50% evade counter, but it is super easy to ramp him up vs a very evasive champ like Miles Morales. All of these effects last for the duration of the quest.

Based on his genetic code, Apocalypse gains special effects. He gains stun immunity while striking at 3 genetic code, which is a very nice ability and works similar to Namor’s damage reflect. As long as you’re attacking the opponent (on them directly or on their block), you will not get stunned. This is very nice for nodes like encroaching stun when you don’t have a special attack ready. At 4 genetic code, Apocalypse can stun into the opponent’s block once every 12 seconds, which is an amazing way to get openings in a fight. This is very nice for any nodes with timers, like bane or any ticking debuff nodes like shock tether. It’s also a way to attack passive opponents.

Additionally, Apocalypse can turn any mutant champion into a Horseman of Apocalypse. This costs 4 genetic code and can be activated once per quest. Horsemen are granted 100% bleed resistance, +30% offensive ability accuracy, a 50% prowess, unblockable whenever an opponent purifies a debuff, and an unstoppable passive that activates once per fight when you are struck.

While his horseman ability is very impressive, his synergies are possibly even more impressive. He makes so many mutants incredible champions. Gambit gains 100% perfect block, Archangel becomes even more of a melting machine, Cable becomes a degeneration melting machine, Wolverine becomes a crit bleeding machine, Storm becomes a shock damage queen, Storm X becomes a special attack damage goddess, among others.

Why is it that you have so many weird hot takes?

I don’t like to conform to typical opinions. It’s so easy for everyone to agree on one thing, but I like to think beyond the norms and craft my own opinions. I know that some of my opinions haven’t aged well (ahem Apoc is a dud), but in general I don’t like conforming to the ideal opinion. Additionally, some of my previously “weird hot takes” have aged well, like Cable>Domino and CGR being the best cosmic champ in the game. Though not everyone agrees that CGR is the best cosmic champ in the game, polls on YouTube indicate that the majority of MCOC players believe that CGR is the best cosmic champion. But I understand the arguments for Corvus and Hyperion.

Any socials you’d like to plug?

I’m not too active on socials outside of discord, so if you wanna add me on there I’m Real_Ape_KD#8394

I also have a youtube account where I occasionally post videos if y’all wanna check it out, don’t expect frequent uploads though. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVBJ2g1E5N5AXtebX4hZnRw

Thanks again to @KDSuperFlash10 for answering these questions! Next time, we may or may not be continuing with the train of highly requested people…

Until next time,
Spidey

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    What a legend. What did you end up having and what did you order @KDSuperFlash10 ?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021

Oh God this day came sooner that I expected

tbh this would’ve come sooner but I just didn’t want to do all the italicizing only to lose it to mod approval (which did happen and I re did the whole thing)
    Damn
    That sounds painful...
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

The day we’ve all been waiting for!
    Nice sit down. I wonder why KD didn’t include HB in his list of good techs.

Foolish me was in the moment answering all the questions that I forgot all about Hulkbuster 😢 100% easily in there tho
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

KD before me. :(

I will recommend @Demonzfyre!
    Kabam Boo said:

Awesome @KDSuperFlash10 !
    Great piece, @SpideyFunko ! Love these!

Thank you Boo!

Kabam Boo said:

Awesome @KDSuperFlash10 !
    Great piece, @SpideyFunko ! Love these!