**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gwenpool nerf

Comments

• Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    I don't mind if they fix the exploit but do it in a creative way that doesn't ruin the what's unique about the champ. Previous guy came up with a great solution that wouldn't changed her to much.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Guys, stop making it such a big deal. Because it's not. I have a r5 GP, who i grinded from arena and used a skill awakening gem on plus some stones, so i spent a lot of resources on mine, and still i don't think it's THAT big of a deal. You rarely use her heavies anyways. Just L3 and then they're dead in a few combos.

And that corner exploit wasn't even that good anyways. I saw a video of 4* r5 GP vs RoL WS, it took 600+ hits. So basically useless in AQ/AW etc.

People are acting like they nerfed AA's heavy. Now if his bleed % is reduced to 5 on heavies, that would be a problem.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    O he's next
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    They coulda just made the 100% chance for it to bleed have a cooldown like stark spideys power drain from heavy
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Superman69 wrote: »
    Guys, stop making it such a big deal. Because it's not. I have a r5 GP, who i grinded from arena and used a skill awakening gem on plus some stones, so i spent a lot of resources on mine, and still i don't think it's THAT big of a deal. You rarely use her heavies anyways. Just L3 and then they're dead in a few combos.

And that corner exploit wasn't even that good anyways. I saw a video of 4* r5 GP vs RoL WS, it took 600+ hits. So basically useless in AQ/AW etc.

People are acting like they nerfed AA's heavy. Now if his bleed % is reduced to 5 on heavies, that would be a problem.

It's not that they fixed an exploit but don't ruin her heavy attack and say it's not a nerf. Does it ruin her absolutely not. She will still be a good champ but it could have been done much better. Sort of a matter of principle. They did mention it in the notes but acting like it's not a nerf is wrong.
  • Options
    Addyos wrote: »

If it isn't a big deal, why make this change in the first place? Champs should never be nerfed, either big or small, period.

Same reason why SW, DS, Thor and BW were nerfed. It requires no skill and other champ can basically do nothing to counter it.
    (Although DS and BW were skill based but whatever)
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »

It's not that they fixed an exploit but don't ruin her heavy attack and say it's not a nerf. Does it ruin her absolutely not. She will still be a good champ but it could have been done much better. Sort of a matter of principle. The did mention it in the notes but acting like it's not a nerf is wrong.

They did say it was a small change. They did announce it. What else do you want from them? Rank down tickets? Not happening.

And btw, the 'flag' button is not for comments you do not agree with. It is for Spams / Abusive posts and my previous comment was none of that.
    Can you Please look into that @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

What game do you play, that's not the only way to get out of the corner.

Please explain what other ways can the AI use ? (Other than arenas/ AW where they have parry )
    In story, events, RoL etc. that is the only way. Or if you are playing Street fighter or something where they can jump over you to the other side? (That would be pretty cool though haha)
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    So anyone that r5'd her gets a rank down ticket?
  • Options

It's not that they fixed an exploit but don't ruin her heavy attack and say it's not a nerf. Does it ruin her absolutely not. She will still be a good champ but it could have been done much better. Sort of a matter of principle. The did mention it in the notes but acting like it's not a nerf is wrong.

They did say it was a small change. They did announce it. What else do you want from them? Rank down tickets? Not happening.

And btw, the 'flag' button is not for comments you do not agree with. It is for Spams / Abusive posts and my previous comment was none of that.

Fyi didn't flag you...what do I want? A better thought out fix.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    It isn't a case of the animation or anything. Any Champion can pin an opponent in the corner and keep them there with a series of heavy attacks.

The only way your opponent is able to get out of that corner is to throw a Special attack. Now, where this exploitable loop came in, is if Gwenpool had placed an Enervate on the opponent, and continuously applied a bleed through the use of her heavy in the corner, then Enervate would reapply every time it expired, permanently locking the opponent's power, never allowing them to throw a special attack, or even stand up and get out of the corner.

This was the smallest possible change we could make to Gwenpool, and addresses one of the smallest use cases for her attacks. So it was either this, or rework her Enervate, which is arguably much much more important to most players and her core gameplay kit.

Since my last comment went into forum purgatory, I'm reposting this.

Miike, you do know this is how Magik works with her Sp2, to power lock opponents and keep them against a wall. By this logic, she should be nerfed too. I am MOST definitely not calling for her to be nerfed, just pointing out the similarity. She also cannot Enervate a bleed-immune opponent and you yourself state that this is "one of her smallest use of her attacks". So why make this change in the first place?

I am usually not one to complain, but changes like these is the reason why I have little faith in Kabam and will not be spending money in this game anytime soon. We had major changes made to champs before in the debacle that was 12.0, and this feels like a variant of that. Why make a champ so desirable for people to invest so much time and resources to obtain and rank up, when later down they make subtle or big changes in their gameplay that made them desirable in the first place?

I was never a big spender, but haven't spent any money on the game since 12.0. I was willing to do so if there was a killer deal on Cyber Monday, but after this change to a "small use to her atrack" (to paraphrase Miike) to a top tier champ, I've changed my mind. Bad move Kabam. Bad move.

Actually not true. Magiks sp2 pushes yourself back away from the wall requiring you to reset. As opposed to Gwen pool when you can just repeatedly heavy over and over again in the corner and defeat anyone without skill
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

600+ hits? LMAO! Was a R2 Gwen?
  • Options
    DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    Stop crying, as Miike said it's better they nerf the heavy attack (which mind you a good, what? 70% of champs in this game don't have much of a use for?) than her Enervate. Her exploit was gamebreaking
  • Options
    caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Please explain what other ways can the AI use ? (Other than arenas/ AW where they have parry )
    In story, events, RoL etc. that is the only way. Or if you are playing Street fighter or something where they can jump over you to the other side? (That would be pretty cool though haha)[/quote]

I was referring to when you play against her, Does that clear it up for you. Or just in general when you yourself are stuck in the corner, you can still evade if you have some skill. Hope that's not too much over your head.
  • Options
    MikeHock wrote: »

Lol, they announced it... a whole 23 hours notice to inform the forum community of this player change/nerf. You think that's normal/ acceptable? Let's also remember that many players aren't on the forums. They will update tomorrow and say WTH happened to my gwenpool heavy attack.

Again, it's not THAT big a change and doesn't really affect her normal gameplay style. So 90% people won't even notice the change.
    Badrose wrote: »

600+ hits? LMAO! Was a R2 Gwen?

As i said 4 star Rank 5. Because all you do is hit heavy attacks. That's why so much hits.
  • Options
    WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    I'm genuinely confused here, everyone wants rank down tickets because gwenpool was nerfed to stop an exploit, to do what with? R5 their punisher?

It's not as if they completely ruined gwenpool as a character, she's still a top skill champion

To each their own I guess.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Since my last comment went into forum purgatory, I'm reposting this.

Miike, you do know this is how Magik works with her Sp2, to power lock opponents and keep them against a wall. By this logic, she should be nerfed too. I am MOST definitely not calling for her to be nerfed, just pointing out the similarity. She also cannot Enervate a bleed-immune opponent and you yourself state that this is "one of her smallest use of her attacks". So why make this change in the first place?

I am usually not one to complain, but changes like these is the reason why I have little faith in Kabam and will not be spending money in this game anytime soon. We had major changes made to champs before in the debacle that was 12.0, and this feels like a variant of that. Why make a champ so desirable for people to invest so much time and resources to obtain and rank up, when later down they make subtle or big changes in their gameplay that made them desirable in the first place?

I was never a big spender, but haven't spent any money on the game since 12.0. I was willing to do so if there was a killer deal on Cyber Monday, but after this change to a "small use to her atrack" (to paraphrase Miike) to a top tier champ, I've changed my mind. Bad move Kabam. Bad move.

Actually not true. Magiks sp2 pushes yourself back away from the wall requiring you to reset. As opposed to Gwen pool when you can just repeatedly heavy over and over again in the corner and defeat anyone without skill

Different mechanics, same idea. Power locking opponents to keep them pinned to the wall.
  • Options
    In story, events, RoL etc. that is the only way. Or if you are playing Street fighter or something where they can jump over you to the other side? (That would be pretty cool though haha)

I was referring to when you play against her, Does that clear it up for you. Or just in general when you yourself are stuck in the corner, you can still evade if you have some skill. Hope that's not too much over your head.
    [/quote]

Not mine, but the situation that Miike referred to surely did get over your head bro. Please try to read things carefully first.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/N32XfR441W0

Sorry for the video quality
  • Options
    Watden wrote: »
    I'm genuinely confused here, everyone wants rank down tickets because gwenpool was nerfed to stop an exploit, to do what with? R5 their punisher?

It's not as if they completely ruined gwenpool as a character, she's still a top skill champion

Just need something to complain about i guess. Even when there is nothing reasonable.
  • Options
    WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/N32XfR441W0

Sorry for the video quality

Wow, I can't believe they changed her amazing and unique interaction with cornering the opponent and spamming your heavy! I demand rank down tickets for such an atrocious act of malice!
  • Options
    Watden wrote: »

Read my complaint. It's not that they fixed an exploit but they did it in a lazy way and made her heavy completely different.