**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New cav nodes, what are your thoughts?

The_burritoThe_burrito Posts: 79 ★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
What do you think of the new cav nodes, if it makes it easier here’s a rough outline you can copy and paste if you want to talk about each of them in-depth

Skill-

Science-

Mystic-

Cosmic-

Tech-

Mutant-

Personally the passive heal block is what gets me for skill one as I run suicides i see it as unnecessary or atleast it should be a debuff , but I’ll keep an open mind about it

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Still kind Wil not said buff just node change.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Skill is fine,
    Science is good,
    Mystic takes a little bit but you shred,
    Cosmic is my favourite,
    Tech sucks because I don't have any tech champs leveled that have armour break so I just use Hulkbuster the whole path, Mutant is great, specially cuz omega has 99% resistance and they rounded it up so he takes no damage.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    They sound interesting, looking forward to them. Cosmic could be very annoying tho...
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Skill is fine,
    Science is good,
    Cosmic is my favourite,
    Tech sucks because I don't have any tech champs leveled that have armour break so I just use Hulkbuster the whole path, Mutant is great, specially cuz omega has 99% resistance and they rounded it up so he takes no damage.

There are new nodes for next month
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/266636/cavalier-buffs-update-continued#latest
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Skill - Hit Monkey
    Science - Cap IW (with synergies), Imm Abom, Spidergwen, Spiderham, Torch
    Mystic - Sorcerer Supreme
    Cosmic -- Odin, Angela, other cosmics with Odin on team
    Tech -- HB, OG Vision
    Mutant -- Prof X
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    They all look very interesting and they don't seem as restrictive as some of the previous buffs.
    Skill: I find mix-master annoying at times so the new node seems really good, especially for my stealthy.
    Science: Can't wait to use Mr. F and Spider-Ham on this one
    Mystic: Seems like the most restrictive one of the bunch. I'll still blitz through it with Doom
    Cosmic: It's gonna be so much fun with Venom and CGR, who already has a vigilance buff
    Tech: Recently ranked up IMIW. Paired with Hulkbuster and maybe Vulture seems like a lot of fun
    Mutant: Mags, Prof X and Apoc will dominate
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Well I guess I’m using Aegon for the skill quest, great
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Personally i'm getting mildly irritated at the constant changes. rotate them, decided on a rotation and let that be that. no need for a change every month. i guess that makes it interesting but all it does is give people new things to complain about when they've grown accustomed to the other stuff they complained about lol
  • Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    New nodes seem less restrictive and allows for a bit more openness in team selection. I've been thinking of different teams to try out. I only have one question/concern and that's if science considers only active debuffs and not passives. I like using the MF tech/science synergy, but I feel like the passive powerstings aren't going to count.

Love that mutant is more accessible. The biohazard one is a bit more restrictive, at least for my roster. Mystic doesn't seem that bad to me. Feel like Dorm will be a fun option for this one. Pretty quick ramp up. Skill seems open, but KP is going to rock it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    Looks good!!

Gonna be hard for progressing new cav players to target champion upgrades for 100% cav difficulty each month with changing cav nodes; Doest effect me tho.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

For us suicide users, even with a diverse roster, the heal block for the skill one is a bit harsh...
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Another cavalier that Elsa will smash ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Rasilover said:

She doesn't drop suicides so nothing separating her from the rest of the class
    There's a possibility they don't run suicides..?
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I m happy there's no poison nodes
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Skill is fine,
    Science is good,
    Cosmic is my favourite,

Heal blocks work as well
  • Options
    Raichu626 said:

DawsMan said:

Skill is fine,
    Science is good,
    Cosmic is my favourite,

There are new nodes for next month
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/266636/cavalier-buffs-update-continued#latest
    Yeah, checked it out right after now I look like a chump. Thanks for the link!
  • Options

DawsMan said:

Skill is fine,
    Science is good,
    Cosmic is my favourite,

Heal blocks work as well
    Yeah but my tech roster is tiny. Hulkbuster and Guardian at r4 Ghost at r5 and the rest are rank 2 or below.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

zeezee57 said:

Rasilover said:

She doesn't drop suicides so nothing separating her from the rest of the class
    There's a possibility they don't run suicides..?
    Any skill can do it then.