**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Current EQ cosmic quest

DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
Please tell me I’m not the only one who has been having a little trouble with the cosmic quest. Before last month, I was able to use my Medusa/arkvision/venom in the cosmic quest and they did lots of damage and was very doable.

Last month was the first time I noticed that they weren’t hitting as hard as before. Longer fights …that was all I noticed. Done, I can deal with a longer fight but the other class quests had the usual bump/bonus for using the right class.

This month I’ve only done 1 run of 1.1. Usually if you use the right class you bypass the nodes just by playing normally. I kept getting faulter and missing.

“If you can’t do it , DONT DO IT!”

I get it, and trust me, I don’t mind skipping a month.

I’m just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Are they actually gaining benefit from the nodes? I haven't looked at the EQ, but if they're not gaining the additional fury then you might need different champs.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I just did it too. Chance to gain vigilance is ridiculous, and 5 seconds is far from long enough. If (and that's a big if) I explore that quest, I'll ignore the node and probably Fury/Quake combo myself through

Edit: And of course Magneto, quite a nice number of metal champs on all paths
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I hate it. Even with CGR, the "faltering mind" mode that decreases your ability accuracy makes it hard to parry when you want to throw SP 2, although the fights are fast regardless.

So far I've noticed Hyperion to be my MVP so far. He increases the duration of the vigilance buff with his Sig, so he ends up making it last very long. I think mister fantastic synergy with Angela would be pretty good here too. Pauses the vigilance buff for a little bit per basic hit.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    @Raichu626

Wooo! And 😔

I’m happy that I’m not the only one that’s having issues.

Quake and bake and AA/fury like you said sounds good to me
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Venom destroyed that chapter. So does Corvus with Proxima synergy.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,079 ★★★★
    Working fine for me. Tried CGR, Hype and Venom and they were all able to do some big damage
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    QuikPik said:

Really? I tried to use Corvus on the first fight, got about 30 hits in, not a single vigilance in sight. Maybe after ramp up or with Odin. After 30 hits I ran out of charges, so had 0 buffs and quit out
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

QuikPik said:

Really? I tried to use Corvus on the first fight, got about 30 hits in, not a single vigilance in sight. Maybe after ramp up or with Odin. After 30 hits I ran out of charges, so had 0 buffs and quit out
    Yeah it's just luck. 10% chance per unique buff so 10% he gets it since he only has true damage. He worked for me.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Just don't blindly hit the opponent if u don't get vigilance buff and on the 10th combo hit stay away and wait for faulter to go
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    It's not difficult. Every 10 hits you proc falter. What I don't like is that it's 10% to proc vigilance to gain the fury when faltered and cause a miss. It's a very small window and when I was using Terrax, only got vigilance 3 times in 3 fights. Using Corvus, it seemed like it was almost every other hit I got vigilance.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★

It's not difficult. Every 10 hits you proc falter. What I don't like is that it's 10% to proc vigilance to gain the fury when faltered and cause a miss. It's a very small window and when I was using Terrax, only got vigilance 3 times in 3 fights. Using Corvus, it seemed like it was almost every other hit I got vigilance.

It's 10% per unique buff, so it's a little higher
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    X_Scott said:

Hmmm. That makes way more sense. I don't remember seeing it in the text but that's why CG was getting it more.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★

X_Scott said:

Hmmm. That makes way more sense. I don't remember seeing it in the text but that's why CG was getting it more.
    Yeah CG and Angela have really been getting it done on that one for me
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    It's not that difficult. I only did one path so far, the AI is not too agressive with the falter, I mean it doesn't benefits of it all the time, it Is annoying since you can't calculate when it's gonna happen while playing, but it's doable. Terrax was my saviour for this. I hope the rest of the chapters are of a similar difficulty.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
    Rbk19 said:

Just don't blindly hit the opponent if u don't get vigilance buff and on the 10th combo hit stay away and wait for faulter to go

Agree. You just need to keep track of ur hit count and on 10th hit, falter gets activated so stay away. Falter doesn't last that long.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Odin is ur man...3 unique buffs and then any cosmic can generate 2 unique buffs giving u a 50% chance per hit to proc vigilance...used cmm and smoked every fight...plus once u get vigilance,it also counts as a unique buff so that makes consequent vigilance triggers even easier
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I have explored first 2 chapters
    For cosmic venom is best. After 1 or 2 buffs node will benefit him. Corvus and Cull worked too very well for it. No issues yet. For boss mags, Corvus easy solo
    For next chapter namor and mags will kill it. For terrax mile man path you only need mutant for first fight I.e. BWDO after that whole path can be cheeses by ebony maw like shang chi. Boss is MS and Mags is best option. Don't take blade without stariy or use bleed immune champ