**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gauntlet unit worth?

2»

Comments

• Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

Given the rewards, people will stop at nothing to get this done

I don't like these types of comments tbh. They're new catalysts but "stopping at nothing" to get them isn't good for players. The game has to move on eventually so when we get new stuff we shouldn't pay an arm and a leg for the privilege of having them. Let's hope it's reasonable content.
    But it's not meant to be reasonable content. It's supposed to be the hardest stuff in the game. There's literally a warning telling you to 100% everything before trying this
    You have to take kabam’s difficulty warning with a grain of salt. History has shown us their definition of what’s hard is very different from the community’s definition of what’s hard. Kabam thought it would be months before anyone 100% the abyss and it didn’t take the community a week to accomplish it. I’m just saying temper your expectations.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    0 - 5000

Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

I don't like these types of comments tbh. They're new catalysts but "stopping at nothing" to get them isn't good for players. The game has to move on eventually so when we get new stuff we shouldn't pay an arm and a leg for the privilege of having them. Let's hope it's reasonable content.
    But it's not meant to be reasonable content. It's supposed to be the hardest stuff in the game. There's literally a warning telling you to 100% everything before trying this
    You have to take kabam’s difficulty warning with a grain of salt. History has shown us their definition of what’s hard is very different from the community’s definition of what’s hard. Kabam thought it would be months before anyone 100% the abyss and it didn’t take the community a week to accomplish it. I’m just saying temper your expectations.
    They also thought fighting collector with a 3 star cyclops was “challenging”. Funny how they tend to use that word.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    0 - 5000
    Read this wrong. Probably will cost 2k units (idk i suck) but value is about 15-18k
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    0 - 5000

Thanks guys. Funny how so many points are about difficulty. While I was meaning to take the rewards completely away from the content. Just to estimate what players these days think are worthy rewards for 4th of july type offers. Since people liked them last year, but probably wouldn`t turn their heads for those rewards this year.

Well it’s hard to apply a unit value to resources seeing as they can’t be bought with units almost ever, better off giving a cash based estimate.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    15000 - 18000
    How I see it, it doesn't matter what is the actual value.. What it matter is what each individual value it, because that should be the limit of how much u should spend on it to explore it

Ofc if u have the units or willing to spend the money to obtain that ammount of units

I value it high but because I don't plan to spend much on 4th deals, my goal is to spend max 5k units so I have enough left to get the units drals
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    18000+
    Malreck04 said:

Malreck04 said:

I haven’t done classic variant should I do that first?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Gauntlet is a test of patience and mental fortitude. It’s a bait to lower units before july 4 deals come by. Similar to vision offers in the past

Personally im not too invested in it as there were no awakening gems
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    0 - 5000
    I’m very excited by the loot, but you’ve got to remember that you still aren’t going to have a fully formed T6B or T3A by the end of this event and even if you did you still wouldn’t be able to take anybody to R4 so I don’t think that it’s value is quite as great as people are stating.
    T5CC isn’t quite as valuable as it once was, sure it’s still the premium currency but I’ve got 9 R3 right now and with a bit more T2A I could do another 3 and the real big fish have got more than double this.

Ultimately this piece of content isn’t going to move the power goalposts just yet, it’s quite easy to get over-excited by the value of catalysts but with no indication or roadmap of when R4s are going to be accessible and this being an exceptional piece of content you could spend 20k units and then be sat on the resources to get less than 20% towards a R4.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    5000 - 10000
    They warn us all the time that new content is hard, and someone always beats it within the first 24 hours. It may cost units, but if they make it so hard that only 20 people in the world can complete it then they wasted their time making it.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    This sounds like fun content, but it’s added challenge that it won’t be around for long time.

Personally I have left last few bit of Carina challenger as I don’t need the r4 resources now. They offer no immediate value, so can do them when have stack of revives overflowing again.

This however has to be done in next 3 weeks, as no telling when it will come back, at which point a r4 could be possible. If it costs 2,3,4K units or more does it really matter... not really as long as it’s pretty fun
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Selling my friend's kidney today ... whatever cash i get, will buy odins and spent them on Gauntlet.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    15000 - 18000
    Rohit_316 said:

Selling my friend's kidney today ... whatever cash i get, will buy odins and spent them on Gauntlet.

Real men sell their own kidney
  • Lucky7LucianoLucky7Luciano Posts: 76
    0 - 5000
    I’m sure it was a complete coincidence to have this content drop with 4th of July soon lol
  • HarryBoschHarryBosch Posts: 78
    10000 - 15000
    DawsMan said:

have they said anything about healthpools, hitcounters, etc.?

In the announcement they said that the healthpools won't be in the millions, so I'm anticipating around 600-800K per fight and 1 mil for Nameless Thanos. They didn't say anything about a hitcap or damage cap either.
    I was hoping to get a completion at the very least but 1 million hp Nameless Thanos?

1 Word. Hyperion.
    why Hype??