**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

So, I think my team is going to be

R5 Apoc
    R5 Mags
    R5 AA
    6* R2 Cable
    And R5 Gulk.

I don't have Namor. I don't have 5* Quake.

Apoc will end up having to do most of the heavy lifting with the others in there for niche counters.

I am very interested in your run because mine will be a similar team. I have quake but not good at using her. I can take cable to R2.
    For who r u plan to use cable?
    He's a great option for KM assuming you make him a Horseman.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

The problem with Aegon is I think Thing is the first fight you can really ramp him up on. That’s okay if you’ve got a plan for the first five fights without him, but then you’ll have some real redundancy in utility because you’ll need an immediate counter to Modok and Spider-Ham.

youll need to suicide bank combo on viz first.
    That just seems like a prohibitively and unnecessarily expensive way of doing it. How many hits would you actually get in before he gets his sp3 and wastes you? Let’s say generously you can get up to 50 (you won’t, it’ll probably be more like 30 but just for the sake of argument), and you have a sig 200 Aegon so you bank 75% of that.

You’ll bank 37 hits per run. That means five runs will be necessary to have over 150 in the bank at the start of the next fight. That’s a lot of revives burned on what should be an easy one-shot fight, and it doesn’t get him anywhere near his full ramp.

That being said, if you think burning those revives early will save you the revives later, that’s a legitimate argument to be made. You’ll just have to do an analysis of how many fights Aegon can one-shot that you otherwise would have needed to use revives for.
    other than quake who one shots him?
    Doom, Magneto, Medusa, Probably KM as well but will be a very long fight
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Pulyaman said:

ItsDamien said:

So, I think my team is going to be

R5 Apoc
    R5 Mags
    R5 AA
    6* R2 Cable
    And R5 Gulk.

I don't have Namor. I don't have 5* Quake.

Apoc will end up having to do most of the heavy lifting with the others in there for niche counters.

I am very interested in your run because mine will be a similar team. I have quake but not good at using her. I can take cable to R2.
    For who r u plan to use cable?
    He is a synergy for apoc to get 4 charges from the get go. I don't see him used that much for anything else. I definitely will take apoc, cable seems to make sense to take along.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Are you guys doing 100% at once or 1 path at a time ?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

1 path at a time is super waste as u must repeat it to do next path
    ItsDamien said:

Rohit_316 said:

No point doing it one at a time. Since you have to clear the previous paths anyway to get to the next chest reward.

Rohit_316 said:

1 path at a time is super waste as u must repeat it to do next path
    Oh ok ...thx

Finally finished mine last night.

Team: r3 Aegon, r3 Corvus, r5 Ibom, r5 Namor, r5 Sorc Supreme.
    totally 1700 units + stash.
    my run wasnt clean or clear.
    what i learnt. Sorc does NOT work for Korg.
    Aegon WORKS for sasquatch.
    Mojo just sucks, AA seems to be the best option ( i brute forced with corvus).
    you can aegon heavy cheese a lot, including nameless thanos. I heavy cheesed to third phase in less than a minute.

i was totally unboosted for my whole run.
    this is on my main. I will post my new team for my alt.

PS: I cannot quake at all.

Where did you ramp up Aegon?
  • ItsDamien said:

Finally finished mine last night.

Team: r3 Aegon, r3 Corvus, r5 Ibom, r5 Namor, r5 Sorc Supreme.
    totally 1700 units + stash.
    my run wasnt clean or clear.
    what i learnt. Sorc does NOT work for Korg.
    Aegon WORKS for sasquatch.
    Mojo just sucks, AA seems to be the best option ( i brute forced with corvus).
    you can aegon heavy cheese a lot, including nameless thanos. I heavy cheesed to third phase in less than a minute.

i was totally unboosted for my whole run.
    this is on my main. I will post my new team for my alt.

PS: I cannot quake at all.

Where did you ramp up Aegon?
    I used 4 revives on vision, i ended that fight at 200ish combo.
    i ramped up a bit on weaponX.
    then the rest on thing.

I ended the gauntlet at700ish combo.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Someone please help me with this; I don't have namor or quake. I tried magic on terrax (with boosts) and she dies every time before she can get 2 bars of power. So I'm stumped, any thoughts??

Ghulk, Havok, Sym also work if you have any of those.

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I’m at this weird dilemma where I can probably do this thing for almost nothing with quake, but I would be on here complaining how there aren’t any challenges for us LOL.
  • Bidzy7 said:

Someone please help me with this; I don't have namor or quake. I tried magic on terrax (with boosts) and she dies every time before she can get 2 bars of power. So I'm stumped, any thoughts??

i dont think havok does. my r3 melted before i decided on namor, sym wouldnt be too good either (no resistance)
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Anyone think Stryfe will have a use here?

I am considering Quake + Apoc + Cable + Stryfe + CGR, but from what I have seen, Apoc/Cable don't actually do all that many fights.
    altavista said:

Anyone think Stryfe will have a use here?

I am considering Quake + Apoc + Cable + Stryfe + CGR, but from what I have seen, Apoc/Cable don't actually do all that many fights.

Apoc can do A LOT of the fights. Including some of the more annoying ones.

Bidzy7 said:

i dont think havok does. my r3 melted before i decided on namor, sym wouldnt be too good either (no resistance)
    Havok won't solo the fight but can take out a chunk. I was messing around and with a r3 havok Unduped managed to take out 30% before i messed up and ate a heavy. You want to use heavy to keep up the feedback debuff once you have some plasmas on terrax. You will heal back some of the damage from willpower with the armor breaks. throw on some boosts and also a power gain boost and you could take out over 50% of his health in one go. prior to eating a heavy i had 60% health left.

With Sym, there is a lot of buffs, especially with the power from afar node constantly going off. If you recall when Terrax had similar node in the monthly EQ on his introduction you could cycle through syms specials once getting to first sp3. Then it was sp3 couple of sp2s and should be able to get back to sp3 again and repeat. I haven't tested this out personally, but i saw someone above mention they used Sym so figured they did something similar.
    This is what i have decided in consultation with one of my buddy ...and this is as per my roster ..let me know if this would work ..for Dragon and Terrax ..need to power through.

• Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Havok won't solo the fight but can take out a chunk. I was messing around and with a r3 havok Unduped managed to take out 30% before i messed up and ate a heavy. You want to use heavy to keep up the feedback debuff once you have some plasmas on terrax. You will heal back some of the damage from willpower with the armor breaks. throw on some boosts and also a power gain boost and you could take out over 50% of his health in one go. prior to eating a heavy i had 60% health left.

With Sym, there is a lot of buffs, especially with the power from afar node constantly going off. If you recall when Terrax had similar node in the monthly EQ on his introduction you could cycle through syms specials once getting to first sp3. Then it was sp3 couple of sp2s and should be able to get back to sp3 again and repeat. I haven't tested this out personally, but i saw someone above mention they used Sym so figured they did something similar.
    Yeah havok could do a chunk but not a reliable solo. Glad i decided against havok in hindsight for namor, that korg sucked for me and only due to namor did i get past that fight.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    Thinking of going in with a full mutant team. Is this too risky?

Prof X 6* R3
    Apoc 5* R5
    Namor 6* R2 (sig 200)
    Magneto 5* R5
    AA 5* R5

Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Yeah havok could do a chunk but not a reliable solo. Glad i decided against havok in hindsight for namor, that korg sucked for me and only due to namor did i get past that fight.
    If you refer to the initial post i responded to, the person asking for help doesn't have a Namor or Quake. So i suggested alternatives to get through the fight.
    edited June 2021
    Rohit_316 said:

This is what i have decided in consultation with one of my buddy ...and this is as per my roster ..let me know if this would work ..for Dragon and Terrax ..need to power through.

@Rohit_316
    You have claire ? would be decent for both fights.

also you sure you have 5th spot because you have falcon listed above but not in your champs at bottom.
    Looking at the list your team would be

Ghost, AA, Falcon, Doom

Also why Hood synergy ?

• Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

If you refer to the initial post i responded to, the person asking for help doesn't have a Namor or Quake. So i suggested alternatives to get through the fight.
    oh i agree with your comment, was just responding that havok maybe isnt the best. But he does work, i agree with that.
  • TorTinxDTorTinxD Posts: 22
    Did anyone use void on the thing, dragon man and sasquatch?
    Bidzy7 said:

Rohit_316 said:

@Rohit_316

also you sure you have 5th spot because you have falcon listed above but not in your champs at bottom.

Ghost, AA, Falcon, Doom

Also why Hood synergy ?

I did open a science mystic just now if i can pull Claire but max sigged my already max sigged Doom 😒
    Rohit_316 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Rohit_316 said:

@Rohit_316

Ghost, AA, Falcon, Doom

Also why Hood synergy ?

I did open a science mystic just now if i can pull Claire but max sigged my already max sigged Doom 😒
    He forgot to include Falcon ..also I forgot why he mentioned Hood lol
  • Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    I am thinking of going with AA, Magneto, Apoc, Cable, and Sorcerer Supreme. My big question here is would Apoc work for all the evade champs once he has been evaded 10 times (Korg, Spider Ham, Spider Gwen, etc.)? Also is Sorcerer a good option for both Terrax and Apoc?
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Thoye3 said:

I am thinking of going with AA, Magneto, Apoc, Cable, and Sorcerer Supreme. My big question here is would Apoc work for all the evade champs once he has been evaded 10 times (Korg, Spider Ham, Spider Gwen, etc.)? Also is Sorcerer a good option for both Terrax and Apoc?

I thought my sorceror would be a good option for terrax, but no. She died fast as an r3.

I’ve been practicing a bit, changing up teams. Magneto easily takes doom, namor for terrax, magneto for vision, apocalypse for modok.

I also thought about committing to ramping up aegon. Once ramped up he could take most fights.

@Rohit_316
    just tested claire on Terrax and no good. She can't outheal the damage.
    Bidzy7 said:

@Rohit_316

Falcon should work on Korg i guess once locked on ?
    Rohit_316 said:

Bidzy7 said:

@Rohit_316

Falcon should work on Korg i guess once locked on ?
    yes Falcon will work