**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lifecycle does not belong to Uncollected EQ (at least in my opinion)

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

I just fought that Blade.

IMO, the lifecycle is not the main problem, it's power shield in combination with lifecycle(and also power alternator), beacuse it requires specific counters who put damaging debuffs after specials to kill him in one specials or someone who can throw back to back 2 specials while the lifecycle is down.

Human Torch with prefight
    AA
    Hyperion

Can do this fight easily.
    Please suggest some other counters...

Damaging debuffs help but aren't required.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,108 ★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

I just fought that Blade.

IMO, the lifecycle is not the main problem, it's power shield in combination with lifecycle(and also power alternator), beacuse it requires specific counters who put damaging debuffs after specials to kill him in one specials or someone who can throw back to back 2 specials while the lifecycle is down.

Human Torch with prefight
    AA
    Hyperion

Can do this fight easily.

Anyone actually. Just time lifecycle with the killing blow. I used Guardian
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    My issue with the Node combination is that it's too narrow for UC. I could see for Cavalier perhaps. It was a slog until I swapped for AA, but even still that's dependent on one Champ for reasonable success.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,730 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

CMM in binary mode?
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I actually tried again, because I hardly remember how the fight went the first time I fought him with my Awakened Archangel. Probably I was lucky with the RNG for neuro's, but surely, That Blade didn't last Long.

I tried playing CGR. Knocked him down and then SP1 ( His SP1 is unblockable if not used earlier in the judgement cycle)
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    DawsMan said:

AGYAAT said:

Agree.. that node combination is horrible for beginners.. kabam developers have much time to make easy endgame content for Quake & ghost but they are bothering peoples like you buy making weird node combination 😡 i remember when I faced that node in uncollected monthly quest.. i use tons of resources and that was my highest spending at that time in single fight.. that node was nightmare for me so decided to not explore that quest.. i just did the one time completion (if I remember correctly there was limber on that too)😑No tips because I can't tell something new

Uhhh, quake can't do this fight and ghost is just as good as the next champion... If you are uncollected it shouldn't be too much trouble.
    Lol..you are uncollected or not? because you are saying quake can't do that... That fight can be done with any champ but it's quite horrible for beginners..
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    I remember the first time when LifeCycle was introduced to Monthly EQ (Silver Surfer was the final boss), I spent 700+ units to take him down……

That month was my first trial on UC difficulty EQ…..
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

I actually agree, Life cycle was introduced in act 6, which means this EQ will be the first time some uncollected players will come across it. I don't think it's absolutely the biggest issue, but at least in act 6, life cycle is the main issue that is presented in that quest, it's the global. So it's an introduction to it, here, there's a lot of complexity on top of life cycle.

Not a fair comparison. The MCOC roster has grown so much that today's Uncollected players have a much easier time with a node like Lifecycle than OG players did.
    The fact that newer players have acces to much more powerfull champs kinda works against them in a situation like this. They’re used to just plowing through content and not reading nodes/abilities on the opponent.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    I'd agree on the fact that if an uncollected player who's still working through act5 and has never touched act6 faces lifecycle on the 2nd chapter of UCEQ would be quite frustrated. Lifecycle is an act6 node
  • Cop123Cop123 Posts: 129 ★★
    life cycle is easy but the fight is complex with all the other nodes. most uc players have only straightforward nodes like 50% damage reduction and power sheild or something.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    LOLOLOLOL said:

and my 4* AA is not awakened.

AA doesn't need to be awakened for lifecycle. He doesn't work for lifecycle because of his AAR, he doesn't turn it off. He works because neurotoxins are passive and they'll kill after a heavy attack.

Lifecycle isn't that specific anyway, AA just makes it ridiculous easy where he works
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    In general, I think UC can handle Lifecycle. I mean saving up to SP3, parry, heavy and SP3 is so simple, that any UC who can't do it probably shouldn't have gotten the title in the first place.

However, if you combine Lifecycle with some other nodes, it can easily become hellish for those who have low experience with it. So Kabam needs to be very cautious with designing UC fights with this node.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Can you name a single champion in the game that cant do life cycle? To the best of my understanding they all have heavy attack and all have sp3 attack.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Cavalier is UC with slightly better rewards. This just makes paints the picture with some texture
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Can you name a single champion in the game that cant do life cycle? To the best of my understanding they all have heavy attack and all have sp3 attack.

Doesn’t it have power alternator ?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I agree.

Nodes that require a decently specific skill and are not in storyquest before the next progression title should not be in the event quest that level belongs to.

Lots of us know how to deal with it. But about the same amount of people struggled with the node the first time they stepped into 7.2.

There is a huge skill difference between a lot of player that have not done 6.1 yet and the players that have taken on most of act 6.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★
    I think that there is a problem here that seems a bit overlooked. Previously, each higher difficulty added a new node to the boss fight (in addition to more attack and health). For the last few EQs, only the attack and health have increased between the difficulties. That means that UC players basically get Cavalier-level bosses, just with less health and attack.

As a Thronebreaker, I personally quite like that I can practice against UC bosses with the same nodes but less attack before going up against them in Cav. However, I remember being UC last time this discussion came up and it sucked to have to deal with nodes designed to challenge more experienced players. If Kabam are not going to change nodes between difficulties, one group is going to be screwed over. Either UC, for who the content becomes too hard, or Cav/TB, for who the content becomes too easy.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★

Didn’t the Silver Surfer eq boss have lifecycle in December 2019?

Yes I believe that was the first time I ever encountered it and remember having a WTF moment
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Things to do and remember.

1. Try to get bleed immune champs atleast 3 in the quest for safer fight.

2. Keep parrying & hit heavy so that he doesn't reach 20 charges.

3. Try to keep him to keep sp1, try to bait as much as possible

4. Remember only specials can reduce blades health so keep using spcls as fast as possible, coz there is a timer too which will delete your power once timer resets

5. Now coming to life cycle node. I used a trick I used one champ (bleed immune) to bring him to 10% health and later used a fresh champ from my squad for the life cycle part.

Now the trick is you hv hit heavy and immediately use your spcl attack, so try to push him to the corner, parry him, hit heavy and immediately go spcl attack

Note: Hyperion is good option to use when he has 10% health left, as he gains power
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    The node combo is more on the Cav level, certainly. It could potentially put some new players off the game. That's a bad thing, btw.

(Yes, UC can still be new these days. Hell, Cav can be new too. This game is old, and progress has been accelerated to give new players a chance)

It honestly just feels like they forgot to take Lifecycle off the UC nodes. The rest of the nodes, sans Lifecycle, feel very much like a UC boss.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★

Didn’t the Silver Surfer eq boss have lifecycle in December 2019?

Yes he did and I couldn't finish it back in the day, especially since I had never seen lifecycle.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I used 6*R1 Red Skull since the champs mentioned to counter this node was in AW.
    My Apoc, AA, MagsX are all 4* though.

Using 4* Doom, 4* CGR, 4* Stealthy, 4* Starky along with my Red Skull for Uncollected EQ Chapter 2.
    Subbing In 4* Red Guardian, 4* Guardian, 4* Hype, 4* Red Mags, 4* ProfX for the other chapters when any other champs are needed. The nodes are pretty easy even for 4*. Just have to plan ahead which champs to bring for the path you gonna take and also considering which will be useful for boss fight.
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Kappa2g said:

I'd agree on the fact that if an uncollected player who's still working through act5 and has never touched act6 faces lifecycle on the 2nd chapter of UCEQ would be quite frustrated. Lifecycle is an act6 node

Well I am UC and not touched 5.3.1 but life cycle seems fairly easy to understand... just read the nodes... blade went down for me with AA 5star R3 unawakened in the first attempt and hype 4 star maxed out in the second... UC EQ one
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Lololololol!

Flashbacks to Silver Surfer’s arrival.