**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I Came, I Saw, I Conquered, I .... Gauntlet Done! (Velvet Thoughts)

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
So I'm writing this for the folks who for whatever reason, Quake isn't an option. Like me lol

My team was lead by MISTER FRIGGIN FANTASTIC. And I'll break down why I put this team together.

What I singled out as Quest Needs:
- I needed a way to deal lots of damage
- I needed a way to stop power gain and stop regeneration
- I needed a way to deal damage over time

Problem fights I identified:
- Terrax
- Korg (because I suck against him)
- Bigfoot aka Sasquatch
- Domino (because I suck against her)

What my team gave me from my list of needs:
- Damage with Ghost, Wasp
- Power gain and regen control with Mr. Fantastic's prefight
- Damage over time with Mr. Fantastic's prefight and power sting synergy* with She-Hulk

*This synergy paid HUGE dividends for me when using any of my Tech and Science champs

Fight by Fight Results:

Doctor Doom - One shot with Red Mags
Terrax - Perfectly executed Wasp play (plus the power sting synergy) in 5 revives; I'll likely never play as good with Wasp lol
OG Vision - One shot with Mr. Fantastic's taunt and power sting
MODOK - One shot with Red Mags
Spider Ham - Ghosted in 2 revives
Weapon X - One shot with Mr. Fantastic
Thing - One shot with She-Hulk
Korg - Ghosted and Red Mags in 7 revives (took me 4 revives to figure out that Ghost works on this fight!! lol)
Dragon Man - One shot with She-Hulk
Black Panther CW - Ghosted in 1 revive
Nightcrawler - One shot with She-Hulk
Spider-Gwen - One shot with She-Hulk
Domino - Ghosted in 2 revives
Mojo - Ghosted and Mr. Fantastic in 2 revives
iBom - One shot with She-Hulk
Apoc - Ghosted in 1 revive
Sasquatch - Mr. Fantastic one shot!!!!!!!!!
Killmonger - Ghosted in 2 revives
Void - She-Hulk in 2 revives
Nick Fury - Ghosted one shot
Namless Thanos - Ghosted in 4 revives

My revives could have been less had I been a better Ghost player. Ghost, Wasp and She Hulk did some huge lifting for me. I have a 6* She-Hulk but she's not duped; the reason I took in my 5* was for her sig ability debuff shrug against the Void fight.

The problem fights for me were Terrax and Korg. Terrax because well his rock field just sucks and Korg because I hate him when I can't use Falcon but now I may have another option in Ghost against him .. nah I'll just use Falcon 99% of the time LOL

The other fights were not scary .. believe me I'm not the best player and I navigated them rather easy minus the hiccups of figuring out what works. My suggestion is to identify what you think your quest needs are and build a team around those needs regardless of who you see on the map.

I formed a Mystic and chose a Science T5CC. Gonna Rank 3 my Doctor Doom and MISTER FRIGGIN FANTASTIC lol I haven't pulled any of the crystals but I may update this with my pulls later.

Comments

• Options

Good luck taking him to Max sig

LOL oh I know it'll be a while but the benefit whenever he does get there will be nice
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    Great job! I modelled my team after MSD's but instead of namor brought Ghulk. I can get about 22% off terrax per run with a r3 5* so I'm thinking take him up to r4 and boost heavy I should be able to two shot the dood.
  • Options

How did u 1shot fury with ghost

PURE LUCK lol ... I expected to use her away from how I normally do letting them hit into my phase so I played her as if she didn't have phase because he can't miss at certain charges ... the luck of the Gods plus the power stings lol
  • Options
    So I opened Iron Fist and Immortal Hulk plus a 1-2 Skill gem which I have no one to use on LOL ... well dem's the breaks smh

I got plenty of gold I guess that's a good thing right? hahaha I hate you RNG.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Damn dude! Hopefully I can get a science t5cc from my current abyss run, and I'd definitely rank 3 my mister fantastic!
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    This is great, I can run that team was struggling to come up with a plan for a few of the fights. All the better as shulk is one of my faves.

Well played thinking it out and congrats.

If I could give you my quake as thanks, I would, she’s never seen a fight or a brick of iso 😂
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Awesome! As the owner of a newly R3 mr fantastic I really wanted to find a way to bring him, but ultimately did not. I’m happy to see he did so well for you.
  • Options
    Berjibs said:

This is great, I can run that team was struggling to come up with a plan for a few of the fights. All the better as shulk is one of my faves.

If I could give you my quake as thanks, I would, she’s never seen a fight or a brick of iso 😂

the thing is I have a Quake I just don't enjoy using her ... and I'm about 65% good with her so not totally terrible lol
  • Options

Awesome! As the owner of a newly R3 mr fantastic I really wanted to find a way to bring him, but ultimately did not. I’m happy to see he did so well for you.

Yep no doubt ... even after the buff I don't think people really understand his value .. even beyond synergies (which are definitely awesome lol)
  • Options

Berjibs said:

the thing is I have a Quake I just don't enjoy using her ... and I'm about 65% good with her so not totally terrible lol
    Agreed. I mean imagine you just downloaded the game and the first thing is a tutorial on how to quake. I would have immediately deleted the game. She’s not fun, and not compatible with life interruptions, network issues, lag, etc. And there are usually other options that can do quake fights just as or much more easily, and much faster.
  • Options
    This is a sick post. LOVE the team composition. Kudos to you.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Terrax and Korg have blessed you with what you need to counter him in future...
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Could you possibly make a mister fantastic guide? @DeaconVelvet
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

oh i'd love to ... what do you suggest?? written or video?
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Berjibs said:

Right, same thing. I’ll dump her on someone else then.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Either. Sitting on a science T5 and a 6* unduped MrF. Need the dupe but I’d love to R3 him. And I need to do some “careful study” on him.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mr F with full four synergy is so incredibly powerful. Better than void for sure. Without the full team he’s still a very solid and fun champ with awesome synergy. I love using him and seeing others find uses for him.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Congrats man. Nice to see someone using mr f and she hulk it’s such a powerful synergy
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Either is fine.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    28 revives, that's just under 1200 units. Considering the difficulty and seeing your team, I have to admit I am impressed sir. Congratulations! I bow before your skill
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    How was Mojo with Ghost? Don’t have a Mr F and trying to plan my team so I don’t waste too many revives on him.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Check this one if you want something now.

https://youtu.be/eWydUokqVR0
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Damn that's a long video..
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Damn that's a long video..
    DLL is a long time Reed fan and decided to be quite thorough. If you're actually interested in Reed and don't have a baseline knowledge already, it's worth a watch