**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

"Cavalier" Difficulty Tech Nodes

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
Okay, I think this is the month where Kabam has pushed it too far. I've explored everything in the game, Carina's challenges, Gauntlet, it's all done. And this tech quest is an absolute pain. I can't imagine when this rolls around to 7 paths.

The opponent spends 80% of the time completely unblockable. There are very few counters, and even the counters we do have struggle to keep shock up. Added to that, heal block on one path to screw over the suicide users AGAIN, indestructible at 2 bars of power, and then they put on one of the most annoying bosses (Blade) we've had for a long time.

It's a monthly event, the rewards are borderline garbage, this is completely unnecessary. The game is a real chore this month.

Comments

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

Okay, I think this is the month where Kabam has pushed it too far. I've explored everything in the game, Carina's challenges, Gauntlet, it's all done. And this tech quest is an absolute pain. I can't imagine when this rolls around to 7 paths.

The opponent spends 80% of the time completely unblockable. There are very few counters, and even the counters we do have struggle to keep shock up. Added to that, heal block on one path to screw over the suicide users AGAIN, indestructible at 2 bars of power, and then they put on one of the most annoying bosses (Blade) we've had for a long time.

It's a monthly event, the rewards are borderline garbage, this is completely unnecessary. The game is a real chore this month.

Lol that can't be true if you're end game player. I am no where to end game and tech was easiest one close to science one
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Players ask for challenge, and we are receiving more of it. Not like we have to complete everything at one shot.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★

Solutions:
    Intercept

Its a tech quest…. Suicides dont matter if you have a tech champ immune to bleed and poison, which is quite common in the class

Just bait sp1s….

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Even though I’m don’t like the new node when there said buffe the node it just meant change tgere mess type in my eys I’m don’t enjoying the new node but I’m doing it for the rewards after a few go at them there ain’t as bad
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★

If you have done everything in the game and you are still getting annoyed at such a mediocre difficulty. BRUH....

I should have known what to expect from the forum tryhards.
    No try hards, just not whiners. I was cav when the cav eq came out. I couldn't explore it, and some months I couldn't even do a completion run. Now that my roster is a little bigger I can but it just ain't that hard. Intercept and special bait. Using the right champions (Hulkbuster, Guardian, Dock Ock, Sentinel) is very important in cav difficulty. It's made for some champions.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 989 ★★★★
    Guardian melts all paths on the way to the boss, cause each shock gives him a passive fury. He's usually at 10 furies within 15-20 hits.

Pick one fight along each path to use G2099 where you can finish with a sp3 to have her ramped up for Blade.

G2099 can solo Blade by spamming heavies and sp1 to keep him below two bars.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    use anyone who can inflict shock and you will be laughing all the way to the boss, then just keep spamming heavies and SP1 on him and he will go down
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★

Well, I have not done the abyss or the gauntlet, and I am still exploring 7.2, but I found the tech Cav EQ chapter pretty straightforward with Vision, HB and Warlock. HB is especially good (builds furies quick and his sp1 wrecks at 10 furies). Vision gets power quick so can keep power controlling defender, and with 10 furies he hits decently hard. Warlock you need to spam sp1.

• Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Hulkbuster is the answer to every single tech node yet

This does seem to be becoming more frequent, that a single champion, or possibly 2, is needed to counter a fight that is stacked with nodes to prevent it being achieved otherwise.

Gone are the days when you needed to practice and perfect your gameplay with a champion. Now it is about getting practice and developing techniques to counter new, sometimes bizarre, nodes.

The first path in EQ Cav with all the ‘falter’ stuff on was blowing my mind! Should I hit, shouldn’t I hit, oh too late... lol
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Problem is you are playing with the shock debuff part and not the node benefits. Power drain put a passive shock on the defender. So warlock S1 and s3. Warlock annihilates that heal or hide path you referenced. Make sure they get the regen when they are infected. You can use G99 S1. And then when you have g99 ramped up after 1 fight, put on her power drain prefight and go to town. I didn’t personally use him, but I assume imiw with or without stealthy synergy will be a monster too
  • DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 182 ★★
    Warlock, Hulkbuster, Sentinel all good options for Tech this month… the list goes on. Easy stuff.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    I cleared all the lines with just warlock. Did blade with guilly2099 and warlock one shot each time. Zero issues zero items. Stop being dramatic
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    I used Warlock and/or Hulkbuster. All fairly quick take downs, (using hulkbuster is even quicker)
    Used AA for blade and added white Mags for a longer parry duration
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Try using power drain. I can’t imagine someone distinguished enough to do Gauntlet and Carina challenges doesn’t have any techs that can shock or power drain. G2099 solos the whole quest and HB Nebula even RS do fine as well.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★

Try using power drain. I can’t imagine someone distinguished enough to do Gauntlet and Carina challenges doesn’t have any techs that can shock or power drain. G2099 solos the whole quest and HB Nebula even RS do fine as well.

Well, truth be told, Carina is only a challenge if going for low revive / revive-less runs. Besides that, it’s more of a revive fest that most people who are willing (note the word) can do.

Haji_Saab said:

Meh. Darkhawk does it faster and better
    G2099 + assault prefight is even faster
    xNig said:

Well, truth be told, Carina is only a challenge if going for low revive / revive-less runs. Besides that, it’s more of a revive fest that most people who are willing (note the word) can do.
    That’s fair. Still has to be TB for it tho
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    So Darkhawk obliterates this questline. Either by L3, or if you bring Thrasher, he can just start in Null Mode and win in four or five combos.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    HULKBUSTER
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

This does seem to be becoming more frequent, that a single champion, or possibly 2, is needed to counter a fight that is stacked with nodes to prevent it being achieved otherwise.

Gone are the days when you needed to practice and perfect your gameplay with a champion. Now it is about getting practice and developing techniques to counter new, sometimes bizarre, nodes.

The first path in EQ Cav with all the ‘falter’ stuff on was blowing my mind! Should I hit, shouldn’t I hit, oh too late... lol
    It's achievable with lots of champs. It's just easier with Hulkbuster. People should stop complaining about the difficulty of Cavalier. We asked for it because Uncollected was too easy. If everyone finds Cavalier to be easy, we are right back where we were in need of a new difficulty (which people will complain about lol).