**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster’s Gauntlet Team Composition Discussion

123457»

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    BENJI830 said:

These Top 4 - Apoc, Mags, AA, Corvus - then WHO? Cable, Aegon, Symbiote Supreme, Human Torch, Professor X (R4 for synergies), Guardian for Block Prof, Glad Hulk for terrax?

Planning to use 30% boost and 200% Mutant & Cosmic Boost. Full suicides.

Aegon and prof x instead of corvus. Ramp aegon to 999 on twx , quit out, finish with apoc for easy charges.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

I had:
    - Red Mags
    - Aegon
    - Warlock
    - Namor
    - AA

Ramped up Aegon on Vision.
    Took Red Mags for Doom but he was a passenger for the rest. Wish I took a better Korg counter like Prof X as that is what I struggled with most.

What was your combo after vision?
    200ish. Vision died after that.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Thinking about running this team soon, but I'm torn on the last spot.

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Last spot is in the air. Not sure if I should bring quake (who I don't really like using and am not particularly skilled at).

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Warlock seems to be the wild card here where I might just throw him in if I can't decide.

Any input would be super helpful.
    edited June 2021
    Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Last spot is in the air. Not sure if I should bring quake (who I don't really like using and am not particularly skilled at).

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Warlock seems to be the wild card here where I might just throw him in if I can't decide.

@Astounds who will you use for dragon man?also, does anyone know if prof works for him?
    GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

@Astounds who will you use for dragon man?also, does anyone know if prof works for him?
    Unit man probably. But realistically Apoc or Aegon if he's ramped up. Just pray for RNG and hope he let's out his specials.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Astounds said:

GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Unit man probably. But realistically Apoc or Aegon if he's ramped up. Just pray for RNG and hope he let's out his specials.
    I used the same strategy. It is very difficult to take down that DM with Apoc since he has aspect of evolution. After he reaches sp1 a handful of times, all you are doing is hitting once and he reaches sp1 again. You need someone that can take him down very quick. I knew from the start that he was going to be a problem, used 2 team revives and just mowed him down.
    Regarding your team, if you use apoc, drop Aegon and take Cable. Starting with 4 charges is crucial to take down Doom very quick. Apoc was my MvP and I just used a 5/65 for the whole quest. For the last spot, take HT or Doom if you have him. Doom can easily solo Vision, Apoc and do some lifting in the DM fight. Mags is not that useful and any fight that he can do, APoc can do easily in this quest.
    Pulyaman said:

Astounds said:

GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

I used the same strategy. It is very difficult to take down that DM with Apoc since he has aspect of evolution. After he reaches sp1 a handful of times, all you are doing is hitting once and he reaches sp1 again. You need someone that can take him down very quick. I knew from the start that he was going to be a problem, used 2 team revives and just mowed him down.
    Regarding your team, if you use apoc, drop Aegon and take Cable. Starting with 4 charges is crucial to take down Doom very quick. Apoc was my MvP and I just used a 5/65 for the whole quest. For the last spot, take HT or Doom if you have him. Doom can easily solo Vision, Apoc and do some lifting in the DM fight. Mags is not that useful and any fight that he can do, APoc can do easily in this quest.
    I will probably bring Torch and Cable. That was my thought too. I'm indecisive and keep prolonging it. I wanted to do it tonight but I couldn't decide.
    Pulyaman said:

Astounds said:

GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Aegin is more useful than doom though as he can do more fights. Im gonna use aegon, AA, apoc, professor x, and either namor or quake
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    I can't decide on my team. I'm decent at quake but not when I don't know the animations of the champs. I can quake doom most of time without dying but have only gotten to 87% of terrax on my best try. This will probably be the same for spider ham.

No archangel, prof x or apoc. Thinking about going with aegon (5/65) and ramping him up on weapon x but then I need solutions for the first path. I have a r3 ghulk that I can take to r4 if really necessary.

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Pulyaman said:

Astounds said:

GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Aegin is more useful than doom though as he can do more fights. Im gonna use aegon, AA, apoc, professor x, and either namor or quake
    Apoc can do all the fights Aegon can do in this quest. As @Haji_Saab put it, Doom gives easy soloes for Vision and Apoc. Apoc once he is ramped up in Spiderham, you can simply ignore the evades from NC, Spidergwen, Korg. Only problem I had with my run was DM and Void since this team does not counter them well.
    Does anyone have a link to a video that really covers the whole "Who does what fight" sort of list. I know a good bunch of them but I can't seem to find a list for the last few. If I bring Apoc, Cable, Prof x, AA, and Torch, I'm trying to get the list down so I know who the best counters are right away so I don't waste time on boosts.
    Haji_Saab said:

Pulyaman said:

GagoH said:

Pulyaman said:

Astounds said:

GagoH said:

Astounds said:

AA
    Apoc
    Namor
    Aegon

Possibly Prof X.

Or Red Mags.

Apoc can do all the fights Aegon can do in this quest. As @Haji_Saab put it, Doom gives easy soloes for Vision and Apoc. Apoc once he is ramped up in Spiderham, you can simply ignore the evades from NC, Spidergwen, Korg. Only problem I had with my run was DM and Void since this team does not counter them well.
    Prof x cheeses Void .. he will never come out of sp3 with a mutant boost ... DM is problematic to solo but Apoc can brute force him down in couple of revives ...
    Cant doom work on dm?
    From what im collecting then, the most efficient is to just suck it up and quake DM even though it will be a pain on stun immune. Torch will work but hes not worth bringing since AA covers most of his fights
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Any advice on which team id be better off using?
  • Asim38Asim38 Posts: 133
    Anyone try Cull Obsidian? Thinking if you cripple Doom, sacrifice a champ, finish the fight with him and then do the same for Terrax, he will have 5 persistent charges. Meaning he can’t be evaded which will help against all the evaders. Vision will also get him another 3. The damage will be so high he will nuke the fights. He won’t get solos because of low block proficiency but can handle some tough fights with 1 revive.

Thoughts?
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

Finally done . It took more units than i planned but hey that's what we earn units for !! And rewards were absolutely worth it.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Which 5th slot will be most beneficial

Team
    R5 quake
    R2 ghost sig 60
    R5 wasp
    R5 AA sig 122

5th slot option
    R5 ghost sig 200. (Double ghost)
    R5 magneto sig 80
    R3 apoc 6*
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★