**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I use a generic 6* rank-up gem on any of my champions?

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
I recently became Thronebreaker and got a 6* 1-2 rank-up gem from the Act 6 rewards. I've been looking over my roster to try and decide who I should use it on or if I should just keep it in case I pull an Apocalypse, Professor X, Captain Marvel Movie or some other god-tier champs in the future. There's also the potential that some of the champs that I already have can be buffed in the future.

So I thought I'd ask you about it. I am at a point where I can rank up champs I like to use because I don't NEED to rank up that many counters to that many things anymore, which is why some of the options are maybe not the absolute best ones (just my favorites), but maybe those are not the best ones to use generic gems on. I can always rank them up when I need to get rid of resources. (Also, for the record, I have full-sig Namor and Aegon as 5* so I see no reason to rank up them.)

Should I use a generic 6* rank-up gem on any of my champions? 30 votes

Don't be stupid, wait for a better option.
23%
TheHoodedDormammuspiderbites0196DrewDoggyDoggRenaxqqLpooAouxWouxBarri8 7 votes
Emma Frost
10%
JuggerNotB_Dizzle_01Rockypantherx 3 votes
White Magneto
20%
VoltolosMR_61088Param1988BollandAmnetiesWooptyfrickendoo 6 votes
Spider-Gwen
0%
Punisher 2099
6%
StevieManWonderScrubhan 2 votes
Elsa Bloodstone
16%
xNigF4k3_GaM3rKill_GreyH3t3rTopgun 5 votes
Symbiote Supreme
10%
Vedant_MehtaChaosMax1012qm44 3 votes
Old Man Logan
0%
Yes, someone else
13%
SpiderCoolsDenzel116IvarTheBonelessCap45 4 votes

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    @Topgun Yeah, I really like her as well (she's definitely in the "My personal favorites" category). We'll see where the poll lands but she is definitely on my radar. Even if I don't rank her (or anyone) up with this gem, she's quite possibly my next 6* rank-up anyway.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Symbiote Supreme
    Topgun said:

I would go Elsa. She's so underrated!

Overrated actually. Take into consideration how many people say this. She was at a point very underrated, but now treated like a god by many players. Dont mistake this for me saying she is bad. She’s pretty good but, definitely not underrated anymore. Btw sym supreme is a beast, would go him personally.
    Thanks for the response, guys. I followed the majority and ranked up Magneto. He was already on the shortlist and became a very obvious pick when I realized that I was almost completely out of mutant catalysts.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Elsa Elsa Elsa.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Elsa. I'm a bit biased. But you also seem to enjoy her. So rank her
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Is that Void awakened?
    @The_beast123 No, but I have a full-sig 5* Void.

For some reason, most of the top-tier 6* champs I pull need to be awakened and either high or max sig. It's...slightly annoying. :P
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

@The_beast123 No, but I have a full-sig 5* Void.

For some reason, most of the top-tier 6* champs I pull need to be awakened and either high or max sig. It's...slightly annoying. :P

I agree it's annoying, but just the awakening gives the chance for tremendous advantage. Hope you awaken him sooner.

I'd probably wait. In case you awaken someone or get someone amazing, using the generic rank-up gem will make you regret.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Emma Frost
    Don’t sleep on Emma. Lots of utility. And doesn’t need dupe
    @B_Dizzle_01 Haha, I won't, I promise. She put in a lot of work in the mutant chapter of EQ this month. Plus, she teams well with my 5* Colossus.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Emma Frost
    Emma deserves much more appreciation, I would recommend taking a look into her kit.
    @JuggerNot She's definitely on my shortlist of rank-ups. She was a lane-clearer in this month's Cav difficulty, can't wait to take her up. Plus, she synergizes really well with my Colossus.