**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Epic Monthly Quest 2-1 Blade Boss -Glitch???

Ok, know this up front... I am SEETHING right now... so expect profanity!
Just completed Epic Monthly 2-1 w Blade Boss.
Burned thru my stash and beyond to do it... which I had been saving to complete Chapter 5! Blade here has a Shield that restores 10% health at 1% KO.
TO knockout shield you need to knockdown Blade & Shield is deactivated for .5 seconds (increasing by .5 seconds w each knockdown up to 3.5 seconds)
I did this finally using Doom but had to do it finally about the 25th time... I had to revive & heal about 25 times! I would knock Blade down 4-5-6 Times but the 10% health restore would keep happening!
If this is not a Glitch, then the Game Designers are effing a-holes ... and this is an obvious MONEY Grab!!!

My team is this
These SHOULD be enough for Blade and came thru path virtually unscathed...
And Blade obliterated them...

I can knock down Blade 6-10 times with each of these Champs... and did so... but that still didn't stop the 10% Health and Immortality!
This is the Worst Experience I've had Boss Killing in over 5 Years of Play!

This was STUPID and I did everything right!
And burned through damn near 200 items in my stash!
This is a RipOff and may be the Final Straw with my leaving this Game!
**** Fix This!

Comments

• Draconic_12Draconic_12 Posts: 997 ★★★★★
    The node is called Lifecycle it literally states that
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited June 2021

I explored it using 1 revive cause I bleed out. My tip is use someone with a fast sp1. I used my team to get him down to like 15% then I used killmonger and just parried heavy till I had an sp1 and fired right after I disabled the shield with another parry heavy. Your specials are unblockable and do 400% more damage so he can have like 20% percent health left and not be an issue.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Looking at your team they are pretty slow at throwing their sp1 so maybe throw your special as soon as you knock blade down so he gets hit right when the shield disables.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    my warlock did it pretty easy ngl :S got to nearly 2 bars and threw sp1 then threw it again if i remember rightly
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Looking at your team they are pretty slow at throwing their sp1 so maybe throw your special as soon as you knock blade down so he gets hit right when the shield disables.

What he said. Also, you can just use void. Would be slower but once you have your petrify up, power alternator will keep his power low and you won't need to power about power shield.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Hyperion crushed this for me... just need to make sure you throw your specials before that timer expires and he gets all of YOUR stored power. Hit him with a heavy when he was at 10% then dropped the L2 on him before lifecycle came back. Warlock works really well also. Life cycle node is a PITA for sure.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    i soloed the fight with hype its not hard
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    It’s.. just.. life cycle + power shield. You should thank Kabam for putting unblockable specials to make life easier for you.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    Act 6.2.1 is going to be fun for you.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Lots of people put off by this blade boss and the answer has been the same since it released.

Archangel. Use him as you normally would. Don't let Blade get up to 2 bars of power. There is literally NOTHING special you have to do with Archangel.....
  • ADwar616ADwar616 Posts: 76
    edited June 2021
    Don't mean to sound rude but you need to improve your skills mate... I'd be pushing for cavalier if i had champs like that. I have a team of 4*s only atm. Used about 5 revives in total. Without archangel. And this isn't even cav difficulty.
    Post edited by Kabam Porthos on
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    @AquarDragon65 You have all those 5/65's and can't read or get this guy down?! You haven't even completed Act 5? Like @ADwar616 said, don't mean to be rude but...

In terms of node ability, when you knock him down, that little shield icon will go grey. That's when you need to kill him. It doesn't instantly go away when you knock him down, so you need to throw a special within that time.

This is on nobody but you. I honestly believed you were trolling. 5/65s and 25 revives and heal ups? After 25 you'd think you would understand the node.

This fight can be completed by anybody. Ability accuracy reduction is helpful to stop that regen, same with regen counters like void. Someone who doesn't have a ton of hits on their special (or not a break in between hits) will be very helpful.

Nothing is broken. 5 years, and you still haven't moved past uncollected? Five years and you still can't watch youtube videos to educate yourself on the node and fight after dying 25 times? 5/65s and you can't clear Act five without a 200 item stash and a ton of units? I don't want to sound too mean but I'm not sure the game will miss you.

Additionally, this is not a way to approach the forums. You strut in with ignorance and not just a lack of skill, but a lack of knowledge or willingness to be educated. You don't want people telling you that you are wrong or that you need to put in some work. This fight is just a lifecycle blade. Parry, heavy, parry, heavy, parry, heavy, sp 1. Colossus, Doom, and warlock all benefit from a heavy centered playstyle, heck, Doom lets you fit it into a regular combo!

Nothing is broken, besides your actions and way of approaching issues.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    OP… lol. Sorry dude. Obviously you don’t get these nodes and the strategy involved. It’s so easy. But do you have at least a 4* AA you can use?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    walkerdog said:

xNig said:

It’s.. just.. life cycle + power shield. You should thank Kabam for putting unblockable specials to make life easier for you.

Adding power swap is kind of spiteful of Kabam tho.
    It’s just Kabam’s way of saying “Do it fast and don’t think of knocking down + sp3.”
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    The blade boss isn’t that difficult, it’s a challenging yet fun design and I like it. I’d prefer these kind of challenges every month. @AquarDragon65 simple trick, forget about the nodes, use any champ who’s sp1 deals a decent amount of damage and just keep repeat your sp1s. He will will go eventually. Remember your specials are unblockable, one heavy and use your sp1 whether he’s blocking or not.