**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Namor doesn’t need awakening

AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
He needs it for utility and prestige but he’s a good champ without it

Comments

• Options
    YoMoves said:

He 100% needs it.

Without it, sure, he's fine, but what makes him stand out? Unawakened Prof. X can give similar, and even greater, damage that continues to ramp up, as well as provide excellent utility. Colossus is in the same boat. Namor without his damage reduction is just another high-damage mutant, and there's a million of those with far better utility than unduped Namor.

“High damage mutant” he’s good without it, his damage doesn’t change when awakened, sure his utility is really good and useful, but damage doesn’t change only a bit of utility
  • Options
    GarrettN said:

Why do you have multiple posts in tandem saying that certain characters don’t need their awakened ability? (all of which rely on their wakened ability to set them apart)

And namor without his ability is pretty bland and doesn’t stand out at all without it. Especially amongst the mutants.

First off I’m just expressing my opinions and second off I’m not comparing namor to other champs I’m looking at him as a stand alone champ
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

Aceymcoc said:

YoMoves said:

He 100% needs it.

Without it, sure, he's fine, but what makes him stand out? Unawakened Prof. X can give similar, and even greater, damage that continues to ramp up, as well as provide excellent utility. Colossus is in the same boat. Namor without his damage reduction is just another high-damage mutant, and there's a million of those with far better utility than unduped Namor.

“High damage mutant” he’s good without it, his damage doesn’t change when awakened, sure his utility is really good and useful, but damage doesn’t change only a bit of utility
    It's literally the utility that makes him worth picking over any other mutant. If I wanted just high damage I'd take Domino. She is, shockingly, better at more consistent damage than Namor, as Namor hits like a wet noodle until he gets a 10 second window to shred.
    Like I said I’m not comparing him to other champs, as a stand alone champ he has good damage regen bleed and unblockable specials which as far as I’m aware makes him pretty good, with his awakening he can send back damage like electro or a debuff, I’m not saying it’s not good I’m saying he’s good without it
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Aceymcoc said:

YoMoves said:

He 100% needs it.

Yeah but there are like 10 other mutants to choose from to get that level damage or greater - Apoc, Prof X, AA, Stryfe, Colossus, Omega Red, Red Mags, Domino, Sunspot, and even Jubilee. His awakened ability is great utility and makes him more well rounded and unique. Without it, as YoMoves said, he is just another damage mutant that is outshined by other champions in his class.
  • Options
    Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

YoMoves said:

He 100% needs it.

Yeah but there are like 10 other mutants to choose from to get that level damage or greater - Apoc, Prof X, AA, Stryfe, Colossus, Omega Red, Red Mags, Domino, Sunspot, and even Jubilee. His awakened ability is great utility and makes him more well rounded and unique. Without it, as YoMoves said, he is just another damage mutant that is outshined by other champions in his class.
    And like I’ve said I’m not comparing him to other champs, when we rate a champ for example torch we don’t compare him to other top tier science champs
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    His sig is what makes him useful, many champs outdamage him and he is never the best option ever without dupe. Dupe gives him usability, its by far the most important part of his kit.
  • Options

His sig is what makes him useful, many champs outdamage him and he is never the best option ever without dupe. Dupe gives him usability, its by far the most important part of his kit.

Still he’s a good champ without it, doesn’t matter whether he’s usable or not he’s still good
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Aceymcoc said:

Still he’s a good champ without it, doesn’t matter whether he’s usable or not he’s still good
    That's if you're definition of good is based on damage only. If so, then yeah, he is a good champion unawakened.
    But if you're like me and I rate champions based on damage and utility then Namor isn't that great without his awakened ability providing him with great utility.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Aceymcoc said:

He really isn't, that's the thing.

Just having high damage doesn't make you really good anymore unless you have the highest damage output in the game (spoiler alert, he doesn't).

He has absolutely no utility unduped. He has a weak bleed, and that's it. If you submit to the point that when you average out his damage in and out of Imperius Rex, he's actually relatively average, he honestly lacks a lot of use against a lot of harder content and I'd pick someone with less damage and the utility to get through the lane.

ERGO! Namor is NOT all that good without his dupe.

Happy?

...did you just say if a champ isn't usable he's still good? Those are antonyms.
  • Options
    Yibambe said:

If you're gonna post stuff like this, try and actually have a solid argument instead of just running to "I'm expressing my opinions" when you're called out.

Have you not read any of my replies
  • Options
    Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

That's if you're definition of good is based on damage only. If so, then yeah, he is a good champion unawakened.
    But if you're like me and I rate champions based on damage and utility then Namor isn't that great without his awakened ability providing him with great utility.
    He has some solid utility without awakening, good bleeds decent regen unblockable specials, sure he gets a insanely good piece of utility when awakened, but he still has a lot of stuff going for him unawakened.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Yibambe said:

Yibambe said:

If you're gonna post stuff like this, try and actually have a solid argument instead of just running to "I'm expressing my opinions" when you're called out.

Ah. See @Yibambe, you’re new here. That is how this works here. You don’t just have a solid argument and good counterpoints unless your name is DNA3000
    Isn't that the guy who writes an essay for almost every question?
    Yes.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Aceymcoc said:

Have you not read any of my replies

He's still good unawakened is not a response that addresses the argument that his usability would be so significantly reduced without his awakened ability, he wouldn't be used in end game content at all without it at least in the capacity he is currently
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

He has some solid utility without awakening, good bleeds decent regen unblockable specials, sure he gets a insanely good piece of utility when awakened, but he still has a lot of stuff going for him unawakened.
    Bleed isn't utility, its damage. 3% Regen and unblockable special attacks are nice but small/weak utility. Not to mention other mutants have it and do it better. His awakened ability is the real utility that makes him so good coupled with his high damage.
  • Options
    Yibambe said:

Aceymcoc said:

Huh? That's actually impressive how you didn't realize that made zero sense
    Been a long day but still makes sense, let’s use for example mysterio, he’s not very usuable but I don’t think anyone would argue he’s not at least solid
  • Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Aceymcoc said:

You keep saying you're considering him as a single champ and not taking into consideration any other champ in the game.. This game has over 200 characters in it.. every champ is compared to those in their class or those with similar abilities.. you can't look at any one single champ in this game in a vacuum..

You mentioned torch being compared to other science champs.. he's absolutely compared to other science champs.. and that's partly why he's so highly valued he's much better than others in that class..

Namor is a great champ for sure.. but without his awakened ability you don't see him on a team. If someone has a small roster and is missing many high damage champs.. then a non awakened namor would have more value than someone with a roster with a ghost.. corvus.. CGR etc.. so.. again you can't really say any champ is this or that in a vacuum.. it's all based on the champs around them..

If you what you are trying to say is that if namor were the only champ in the game, he'd be great.. then you are correct.. then again.. he'd also be terrible..
  • Options
    Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Bleed isn't utility, its damage. 3% Regen and unblockable special attacks are nice but small/weak utility. Not to mention other mutants have it and do it better. His awakened ability is the real utility that makes him so good.
    If something is part of there kit it’s utility
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Bleed isn't utility, its damage. 3% Regen and unblockable special attacks are nice but small/weak utility. Not to mention other mutants have it and do it better. His awakened ability is the real utility that makes him so good.
    just because you have utility doesn’t mean it’s good. The regen is small. Unblockable specials are nice… and that’s it.

His sig is the best part of his kit
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Like many have said before, Namor needs his Awakened Ability because without it, he's just another mutant damage dealer in a sea of many others which have more utility unawakened.
  • Options

Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

Shock29 said:

Aceymcoc said:

just because you have utility doesn’t mean it’s good. The regen is small. Unblockable specials are nice… and that’s it.

His sig is the best part of his kit
    Not saying his sig isn’t the best part of him, but he has decently ok utility without it and good damage without it, therefore in my eyes he’s good
  • Options

Like many have said before, Namor needs his Awakened Ability because without it, he's just another mutant damage dealer in a sea of many others which have more utility unawakened.

And like I’ve said before I’m not comparing him to other champs
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Aceymcoc said:

And like I’ve said before I’m not comparing him to other champs
    Yes but you straight up declared it as if it were fact. One of the things that makes up a champions worth are the other champions in its class it has to compete with.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Now you have crossed a line. STOP
This discussion has been closed.