**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Lag + Blade = Death

jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Am I missing something? I just can't get Blade in the monthly. I've watched all of the videos and all of that, they all rely on heavies a lot. Heavies have been almost nonexistent for me since September (along with evade and blocking at times). I can usually get by but there's always a lag before I can attack. It's usually no big deal. I usually do the monthly with one 2 or 3 revives for the whole thing but this one one's got me flummoxed. The lag in the Blade fight means he's "shielded" before I can get any attack on him. I thought I could adjust my timing and maybe still can, but he wiped my team out twice before I just quit. Am I missing something? Is there a "thing" I haven't caught or have missed? Is there any method that doesn't involve heavies? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I could just be forgetting an important detail. Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Doom works wonders as well. Get medium/heavy attacks in while you're building power, then launch your sp after a medium/heavy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I just sacrifice the first Champ to get him down to the last few percent then finish with AA.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Heavies aren't feasible. I'll try Longshot. Getting Blade down to 6-10% was no problem, it's finishing him. I'll see how it goes with Longshot, the videos all used Arch Angel or Apocalypse.....and heavies. I've got AA but the heavy thing, I dunno. I'll see how it goes. Thanks!
  • Options

I just sacrifice the first Champ to get him down to the last few percent then finish with AA.

I'll give that a shot, I appreciate the tip!
  • Options
    jdrum663 said:

I'll give that a shot, I appreciate the tip!
    Not a problem. Get a Neurotoxin off, and just wait for him to die.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I used Ghost, Dragon Man, Iceman. It’s not too hard as much as it is annoying because of the power shifting
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    jdrum663 said:

Thanks guys! Heavies aren't feasible. I'll try Longshot. Getting Blade down to 6-10% was no problem, it's finishing him. I'll see how it goes with Longshot, the videos all used Arch Angel or Apocalypse.....and heavies. I've got AA but the heavy thing, I dunno. I'll see how it goes. Thanks!

white mags lets you parry with a passive stun
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Blade UC event quest takes 0 dmage from debuffs but AA neuros are passives so he is great counter, also the shield doesn't ignore damage from neuros
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Are you trying to heavy after he’s past a bar of power? That lowers the length of debuffs, that might be why you’re having trouble. Also use champs that can do good damage with their sp1, I used Apoc
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    I soloed the blade with Archangel and Ghost mostly. Just use heavies and since ur specials are unblockable you can kill him after knocking him down
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I brought fully ramped apoc for him. Wasn’t hard at all tbh
  • Options

Blade UC event quest takes 0 dmage from debuffs but AA neuros are passives so he is great counter, also the shield doesn't ignore damage from neuros

That's a great tip to know, thanks!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly it sounds like you need a new device. Don't know if that's feasible or reasonable for you, but if your device precludes heavies the game will be nothing but frustration.
  • Options

Honestly it sounds like you need a new device. Don't know if that's feasible or reasonable for you, but if your device precludes heavies the game will be nothing but frustration.

Amen to that! Thanks a lot but, sadly, my device is only a a few months old. I can do heavies every now and then,, used to be a lot better. Now only randomly if they're stunned. I appreciate the comment though, thanks!
  • Options
    TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    I took out Blade in UC EQ with either Colossus or Hulkbuster. Once you figure out the timing of everything, it isn’t all that difficult.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    jdrum663 said:

Am I missing something? I just can't get Blade in the monthly. I've watched all of the videos and all of that, they all rely on heavies a lot. Heavies have been almost nonexistent for me since September (along with evade and blocking at times). I can usually get by but there's always a lag before I can attack. It's usually no big deal. I usually do the monthly with one 2 or 3 revives for the whole thing but this one one's got me flummoxed. The lag in the Blade fight means he's "shielded" before I can get any attack on him. I thought I could adjust my timing and maybe still can, but he wiped my team out twice before I just quit. Am I missing something? Is there a "thing" I haven't caught or have missed? Is there any method that doesn't involve heavies? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I could just be forgetting an important detail. Thanks!

Archangel and void makes it easy
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the advice guys, I got him down with AA. That's the most B.S. fight I've had since a Mephisto fight a while back. I'll not be doing that again so no 100% exploration rewards for me, at least I'll get completion rewards! Lol I appreciate the input (yeah, I know there's no completion rewards hence the joke). Thanks!
  • Options
    Good job.