**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

did they just tease America Chavez?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

The above image was released to celebrate pride month starting around the globe. When Kabam does these things, they include characters in the game, as you would. But as you can see this also includes America Chavez.

It’s in the Kabam style artwork as well, and seeing as how she is going to be in Doctor Strange 2 next year, could this be an early tease? Hercules also currently isn’t in the game but we know he’s coming so I’m 99% confident this is a tease for the future.

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    She might be on the way but I would assume that she would drop closer to the Dr Strange movie in that case. I don't know when that drops, but definitely not next month.

That said, it would be a bit weird to feature a quite prominent LGBT character so front-and-center in the marketing material and then not have her show up in the game. Even if she doesn't actually become playable until the movie comes out, maybe they do a Sigil SW and add her to the game a few months before making her playable? Dunno.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Hopefully the Kang comes too
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,984 ★★★★★
    Doctor Strange 2 was originally slated for release on May 7, 2021. Obviously that did not happen. It was pushed back twice, first to November of 2021 and then finally to March of 2022 (the current scheduled release date).

I would say it’s not unrealistic that we see America Chavez scheduled to appear sometime later this year, as the pandemic messed with all of the movie tie-in champion release plans (see: Black Widow DO, Red Guardian, and Shang-Chi).
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Doctor Strange 2 was originally slated for release on May 7, 2021. Obviously that did not happen. It was pushed back twice, first to November of 2021 and then finally to March of 2022 (the current scheduled release date).

I would say it’s not unrealistic that we see America Chavez scheduled to appear sometime later this year, as the pandemic messed with all of the movie tie-in champion release plans (see: Black Widow DO, Red Guardian, and Shang-Chi).

I think they’ve had enough time to move AC around since it’s been at the may date for a while
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,984 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

I think they’ve had enough time to move AC around since it’s been at the may date for a while
    Probably right, that’s why I was careful to say “not unrealistic” as opposed to like “probably” or anything more confident than that. I could see it happening, but I dunno if it’s likely. I don’t know how far out they plan the champion schedule.
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Probably right, that’s why I was careful to say “not unrealistic” as opposed to like “probably” or anything more confident than that. I could see it happening, but I dunno if it’s likely. I don’t know how far out they plan the champion schedule.
    Yeah. And I’m not entirely sure if Shang-Chi was a tie in or not.

Wasn’t the movie outfit, Mr. Negative isn’t in the movie, and they were both released in Asian Heritage Month.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Possibly, possibly not. Either way they posted a tweet celebrating pride month with that photo.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Bumping this thread to add:

Marvel.com ran an article yesterday hyping the Pride month events in MCOC, Strike Force, and Puzzle Quest and said:
    Enjoy this exclusive wallpaper featuring the LGBTQ+ heroes of The Contest — Hercules, Angela, America Chavez, and Iceman!
    so.... looks to me like she's coming soon...
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    edited June 2021
    Either way, this is a dope image. When I saw this i said to myself "Whoa, this is awesome"
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

What are her powers?

Generic superhero stuff (super strong, super durable, flight), and opening portals across the multiverse.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I love Captain America, and would love more viable (ahem, Kabam) Captain Americas.

4th of July is next month, so……America!
    edited June 2021
    I see some posts deleted so I’ll change mine.

America Chavez better wreck stuff, Kabam
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

I love Captain America, and would love more viable (ahem, Kabam) Captain Americas.

4th of July is next month, so……America!

She has nothing to do with Captain America. She's from a world outside the normal marvel comics multiverse and (afaik) didn't even know America existed when she came to the main marvel universe. It's just a coincidence she uses star shaped portals
    She is another world’s leader. Replace Cap with her. She’s on the front lines and means something. Sounds like a cap level hero to me. Doesn’t have to be exactly Captain America. It’s what she stands for.
    bumping this because

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Evtho3gkQ
    she’s been confirmed, along with some gameplay at 12:12 in the video
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

bumping this because

those animations are insane!
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★

She is another world’s leader. Replace Cap with her. She’s on the front lines and means something. Sounds like a cap level hero to me. Doesn’t have to be exactly Captain America. It’s what she stands for.

No. Falcon already did that
    Crcrcrc said:

bumping this because

those animations are insane!
    she looks so good, hope her abilities are as well
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Looks great. I think she's going to become a favorite
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

bumping this because

First time I have seen one of these videos - Chavez does look pretty cool.

As a side note - does the game look like this for anyone else? It seems like 60 fps, with slightly better resolution. I feel like with other contest videos on youtube, the game looks just like it does on my phone.

No. Falcon already did that
    Not in this game he didn’t.

I’ll take Captain America Sam Wilson over America Chavez, but it’s not a thing at the moment
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,746 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

bumping this because

First time I have seen one of these videos - Chavez does look pretty cool.

As a side note - does the game look like this for anyone else? It seems like 60 fps, with slightly better resolution. I feel like with other contest videos on youtube, the game looks just like it does on my phone.
    Thats because it's the first video they've ever made like this. Hence why it says episode 1.