**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6r3 #14 Red Goblin!

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I had to flip a coin between him and Corvus, but I would have been happy with either one. Roblin is a beast for incursions and he’s really fun to play. His ramp up does suck though and I’m the first to admit that he’d benefit from a tune-up. Overall, pretty happy!

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Congrats. He looks like he’ll be fun.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Im happy you rank champs you enjoy.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Im happy you rank champs you enjoy.

I do that too. I have my Ghosts and Quakes but I also have my Night Thrashers and iHulks.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    well he's one of the best designed champs for sure. when he first came out i wanted him so bad .. pulled him a few weeks ago but he's a strange one to ramp so i haven't ranked him yet.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

I think if he could be fully ramped up in 2 fights that'd be awesome. And congrats

Or something along the lines of “If fighting a spider verse champ gain max charges” (forget what they are called)
    Honestly they should just get rid of his ramp up altogether and have him always have frenzy starting at 65%
    He has 2 or 3 Ramps Ups, they definitely could Remove the Persistent Charge one putting it on his Base or give it a better use...
    Also So Many of his Abilities have Unnecessary Caps on them, like his Bloodlust Frenzy for example which Each Charge gives Frenzy Mode just under +250 Attack (on an R1 6 Star, also starts with the just under +250 Attack on Base Frenzy) but Each Stack reduces the next one's Potency by 15% for Zero Reason cause even without the Penalty that's only just under a 1,500 Attack Increase that takes 5 Fights To Ramp Up Then that's only active after you take the Enemy down to 65%. That probably doesn't increase much between Rank Ups either, I Really don't think 1500 Extra Attack that's not even active the Whole Fight and takes Up To 5 Freaking Fights to Ramp Up would have broken the game...

Anyone else find it odd how he has an Ability Called Bloodlust, but is the Only Other Symbiote to not have access to Bleed besides Symbiote Spidey... (Funny since in his Story he made A Lotta People Bleed)
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

H3t3r said:

I think if he could be fully ramped up in 2 fights that'd be awesome. And congrats

Or something along the lines of “If fighting a spider verse champ gain max charges” (forget what they are called)
    Honestly they should just get rid of his ramp up altogether and have him always have frenzy starting at 65%
    He has 2 or 3 Ramps Ups, they definitely could Remove the Persistent Charge one putting it on his Base or give it a better use...
    Also So Many of his Abilities have Unnecessary Caps on them, like his Bloodlust Frenzy for example which Each Charge gives Frenzy Mode just under +250 Attack (on an R1 6 Star, also starts with the just under +250 Attack on Base Frenzy) but Each Stack reduces the next one's Potency by 15% for Zero Reason cause even without the Penalty that's only just under a 1,500 Attack Increase that takes 5 Fights To Ramp Up Then that's only active after you take the Enemy down to 65%. That probably doesn't increase much between Rank Ups either, I Really don't think 1500 Extra Attack that's not even active the Whole Fight and takes Up To 5 Freaking Fights to Ramp Up would have broken the game...

Anyone else find it odd how he has an Ability Called Bloodlust, but is the Only Other Symbiote to not have access to Bleed besides Symbiote Spidey... (Funny since in his Story he made A Lotta People Bleed)
    Yeah, on the r3 it’s only a 405 increase per charge which would come out to a 2,000ish attack increase which is small potatoes compared to someone like Namor or Doom who require no ramp up fights. That 2000ish number is before the 15% repeated reduction too.
    He has a lot of weird checks to his kit that aren’t warranted. Like how he loses a charge for dying or his heavy attack carnage bombs have 65% reduced duration.
    And since you need five of the charges to ramp up fully, he can be a pain to use in Act 7 where each path only has 6 fights.

H3t3r said:

I think a Better Use of his Persistent Ability and actually playing into the Terms Frenzy and Bloodlust would be...
    Medium Attacks: Place a 1 Second Bleed on the Enemy, Dealing 5% of Modified Attack Each Second. (Stay with me here)
    Persistent Bloodlust: Max 100
    Every Bleed Debuff placed on an Opponent is added to Red Goblin's Persistent Bloodlust Counter, at the Start of Every Fight Red Goblin Gains 1 Random Insanity Effect for Each Interval of 10 Persistent Bloodlust. (So up to 10 Effects)

There are 5 Different Insanity Effects, each are Passive Effects and cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.
    Knull's Call: Bleed Debuff Potency is Increased by 25%. (Not a Flat Increase)
    Pyromaniac: Each Active Incinerate on the Opponent increases Special Damage by 20%.
    Goblin Formula Symbiosis: Symbiote Buff Duration is increased by 15%.
    Symbionic Glider Trail: Dashes have a 15% Chance to deal 1 Carnage Bomb Incinerate. (Stacks add to Chance)
    Increasing Instability: Combat Power Rate is Increased by 5%, Aptitudes Increase the Potency of each of this Effect by a Flat 5%.

Then have Frenzy always Activate at 65%, remove the ability for Red Goblin to lose Persistent Charges when Defeated. As a side effect of this you'd have to change the Family Feud Synergy with Venom, give this Synergy the "While Frenzy is active, Increase Buff Duration by 30%" from his Hatred Synergy with Symbiote Spidey.
    That Synergy then becomes "When Fighting #Spider-Verse Champions a 6th Insanity Effect can be gained.
    Spider Slaughter: Each time a Buff Expires on Red Goblin or a Debuff Expires on the Opponent, the Opponent will take a Burst of 500 Bleed Damage. (This Counts towards the Persistent Bloodlust Counter, only 1 of this Effect can be gained)

Also you'd have to change the Self Centered Synergy with Carnage/Green Goblin, perhaps...
    "While Red Goblin is under the Effect of a Bleed Debuff, his Medium Attacks And Heavy Attacks Apply a 1 Second Bleed Debuff dealing 5% of Modified Attack Each Second." (Giving his Heavies the Same Bleed Ability as the Mediums on his Base, and his Mediums then applying 2 Bleeds each time.) Idk if giving him something like 85% Bleed Resistance as well would be too much for a Synergy...

Probably a bit much but I just got too into it to stop, basically it's another Ramp Up System but he won't Rely on it and can be Ramped Up without having to do anything specific besides use Mediums throughout the Quest. The Bleeds aren't Super Strong because they are so Common but Deep Wounds and Knull's Call will give them a nice Boost to Duration and Potency, also each Insanity Effect has the same Chance to Activate so sometimes you'd get a Nice Spread and other times might get Crazy Power Gain or Crazy Bleed Damage.
    I just think it'd add even more fun to him, give him a little more Character, and replace one of his Arguably Required Ramp Ups for a Nice To Have Passive Ramp Up.

H3t3r said:

I think a Better Use of his Persistent Ability and actually playing into the Terms Frenzy and Bloodlust would be...
    Medium Attacks: Place a 1 Second Bleed on the Enemy, Dealing 5% of Modified Attack Each Second. (Stay with me here)
    Every Bleed Debuff placed on an Opponent is added to Red Goblin's Persistent Bloodlust Counter, at the Start of Every Fight Red Goblin Gains 1 Random Insanity Effect for Each Interval of 10 Persistent Bloodlust. (So up to 10 Effects)

There are 5 Different Insanity Effects, each are Passive Effects and cannot be affected by Ability Accuracy.
    Pyromaniac: Each Active Incinerate on the Opponent increases Special Damage by 20%.
    Symbionic Glider Trail: Dashes have a 15% Chance to deal 1 Carnage Bomb Incinerate. (Stacks add to Chance)
    Increasing Instability: Combat Power Rate is Increased by 5%, Aptitudes Increase the Potency of each of this Effect by a Flat 5%.

Then have Frenzy always Activate at 65%, remove the ability for Red Goblin to lose Persistent Charges when Defeated. As a side effect of this you'd have to change the Family Feud Synergy with Venom, give this Synergy the "While Frenzy is active, Increase Buff Duration by 30%" from his Hatred Synergy with Symbiote Spidey.
    That Synergy then becomes "When Fighting #Spider-Verse Champions a 6th Insanity Effect can be gained.
    Spider Slaughter: Each time a Buff Expires on Red Goblin or a Debuff Expires on the Opponent, the Opponent will take a Burst of 500 Bleed Damage. (This Counts towards the Persistent Bloodlust Counter, only 1 of this Effect can be gained)

Also you'd have to change the Self Centered Synergy with Carnage/Green Goblin, perhaps...
    "While Red Goblin is under the Effect of a Bleed Debuff, his Medium Attacks And Heavy Attacks Apply a 1 Second Bleed Debuff dealing 5% of Modified Attack Each Second." (Giving his Heavies the Same Bleed Ability as the Mediums on his Base, and his Mediums then applying 2 Bleeds each time.) Idk if giving him something like 85% Bleed Resistance as well would be too much for a Synergy...

Probably a bit much but I just got too into it to stop, basically it's another Ramp Up System but he won't Rely on it and can be Ramped Up without having to do anything specific besides use Mediums throughout the Quest. The Bleeds aren't Super Strong because they are so Common but Deep Wounds and Knull's Call will give them a nice Boost to Duration and Potency, also each Insanity Effect has the same Chance to Activate so sometimes you'd get a Nice Spread and other times might get Crazy Power Gain or Crazy Bleed Damage.
    I just think it'd add even more fun to him, give him a little more Character, and replace one of his Arguably Required Ramp Ups for a Nice To Have Passive Ramp Up.
    Should've pointed this out more but he would gain Insanity Effects without being Fully Ramped Up, so you don't Have to use him in every fight just to have it be of any use.

H3t3r said:

Yeah, on the r3 it’s only a 405 increase per charge which would come out to a 2,000ish attack increase which is small potatoes compared to someone like Namor or Doom who require no ramp up fights. That 2000ish number is before the 15% repeated reduction too.
    He has a lot of weird checks to his kit that aren’t warranted. Like how he loses a charge for dying or his heavy attack carnage bombs have 65% reduced duration.
    And since you need five of the charges to ramp up fully, he can be a pain to use in Act 7 where each path only has 6 fights.
    The Duration Reduction on his Heavy Attack Carnage Bombs are probably the only Cap that's fair, especially with the Odin Synergy, he would be able to stack a Lot of Debuffs Incredibly Quickly...
    Though at the same time his Heavy Attack Animation is a Cap of it's own as it's very hard to Chain into itself with the distance it puts between you and the Opponent, as well how long it is.

H3t3r said:

Should've pointed this out more but he would gain Insanity Effects without being Fully Ramped Up, so you don't Have to use him in every fight just to have it be of any use.
    That sounds dope

H3t3r said:

The Duration Reduction on his Heavy Attack Carnage Bombs are probably the only Cap that's fair, especially with the Odin Synergy, he would be able to stack a Lot of Debuffs Incredibly Quickly...
    Though at the same time his Heavy Attack Animation is a Cap of it's own as it's very hard to Chain into itself with the distance it puts between you and the Opponent, as well how long it is.
    I’m fine with a reduction itself, but 65% seems way too high. I’d prefer it to be 50-45%
    edited June 2021

H3t3r said:

I’m fine with a reduction itself, but 65% seems way too high. I’d prefer it to be 50-45%
    Yeah that'd still be fair, or speed up the Heavy Animation a tad, or reduce the Distance cause by the Animation a tad so it's more Spammable when the Enemy is low on Power.

Like you said a Tune-Up or even a Numbers Buff would be Great for him, he's such a Fun Champion and if So Close to being Really Solid.

H3t3r said:

Yeah that'd still be fair, or speed up the Heavy Animation a tad, or reduce the Distance cause by the Animation a tad so it's more Spammable when the Enemy is low on Power.

Like you said a Tune-Up or even a Numbers Buff would be Great for him, he's such a Fun Champion and if So Close to being Really Solid.
    The good thing about his heavy attack is that it's easy to use it counter a lot of specials, but yeah the pushback isn't great.
    I'm figuring that he's on the chopping block for a tune up, but probably not too high on the list. Who knows though, maybe he'll get buffed before the end of the year, though I doubt it since he's so new.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    I have to agree his ramp up suck, maybe reduce his ramp up to 4 fight but each charge give him 25% hp, that would too good, or maybe more charge against specific champ like Apocalypse.
    slacker said:

I have to agree his ramp up suck, maybe reduce his ramp up to 4 fight but each charge give him 25% hp, that would too good, or maybe more charge against specific champ like Apocalypse.

I'd like for him to be able to start a fight with max charges against spiderverse champs. It'd definitely make playing him smoother. If we have to keep the charges, then they should only be 3. I don't think he needs the extra health since his base healthpool is 40K and his block proficiency is 69% (with my setup, that's 71%).
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

slacker said:

I'd like for him to be able to start a fight with max charges against spiderverse champs. It'd definitely make playing him smoother. If we have to keep the charges, then they should only be 3. I don't think he needs the extra health since his base healthpool is 40K and his block proficiency is 69% (with my setup, that's 71%).
    Lol, i mean opp's hp not himself, but maybe having frenzy at 100% hp it a bit too much.
    slacker said:

slacker said:

Lol, i mean opp's hp not himself, but maybe having frenzy at 100% hp it a bit too much.
    Oh that makes more sense
    slacker said:

slacker said:

Frenzy isn't even that insane though, if it still took Ramp Up but at the end of it he gets to start the fight in Frenzy that'd be great. But 5 no matter what is way too much, either shorten it to 3 or expand your "Gain 5 Charges against Spider-Verse Heroes" idea to also include Sinister Six and Symbiote Champions. (Works too since in his Story he was Whooping Everyone)

H3t3r said:

The good thing about his heavy attack is that it's easy to use it counter a lot of specials, but yeah the pushback isn't great.
    I'm figuring that he's on the chopping block for a tune up, but probably not too high on the list. Who knows though, maybe he'll get buffed before the end of the year, though I doubt it since he's so new.
    Don't forget all the newer Champions that have already got Buffed, he wouldn't be too unexpected, also he'd be a Good Buff for October. (Especially if that Mr Negative ?Synergy is hinting at Anti-Venom, who could give RG and the other Symbiotes another Good Synergy)

Also if they Buff Red Goblin, or Agent Venom in the Future, they could give one or the other a Synergy with each other. I said Day 1 they should've given RG a Synergy called "Another One Bites The Dust" with Agent Venom, since that was the Second Time Norman killed one of Peter's Friends...

H3t3r said:

Don't forget all the newer Champions that have already got Buffed, he wouldn't be too unexpected, also he'd be a Good Buff for October. (Especially if that Mr Negative ?Synergy is hinting at Anti-Venom, who could give RG and the other Symbiotes another Good Synergy)

Also if they Buff Red Goblin, or Agent Venom in the Future, they could give one or the other a Synergy with each other. I said Day 1 they should've given RG a Synergy called "Another One Bites The Dust" with Agent Venom, since that was the Second Time Norman killed one of Peter's Friends...
    Yeah he, AV, and Sym Spidey should all get buffed for October

H3t3r said:

Wouldn't mind a Ghost Rider Classic Numbers Buff in October, really Solid Abilities and Rotation but the Potency has been outdone overtime as more Champions were Released.
    Also since AV was on the Buff Vote Poll and didn't win, he's probably not gonna be in line till next year unfortunately...

Also since AV was on the Buff Vote Poll and didn't win, he's probably not gonna be in line till next year unfortunately...

But hey he's about to get a New Series so it would give them a reason to Buff him.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

Wouldn't mind a Ghost Rider Classic Numbers Buff in October, really Solid Abilities and Rotation but the Potency has been outdone overtime as more Champions were Released.
    For ghost rider. Make it so for each judgement on the opponent gives ghost rider like 30% attack.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

For ghost rider. Make it so for each judgement on the opponent gives ghost rider like 30% attack.
    That'd be a nice replacement for his Sig, though if they gave him just a Numbers Buff there wouldn't be much change besides Boosting his Existing Abilities (although that hasn't stopped them before). Not like he has a bad Ability Set either it just needs some Tune Ups (also could he please just have his Judgements Always Activate so he doesn't have to be Stuck to Blade)...

Anyways didn't want to get too far off the Posts original topic, Red Goblin's already got that Crazy Good Crit Damage Synergy that Affects All Symbiotes. If we are infact getting Anti-Venom this October, imagine if we got a "Crits Life Steal" for All Symbiotes or something Nuts like that... (Though for Anti-Venom's Power Set it'd probably be more like Ability Accuracy Reduction Effects for all Symbiotes since he can cure Characters of their Powers if they in some way modified their Body)