**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MY ALLIANCE DOESN'T HELP

Is there something I'm missing?

The people in my alliance have a deep-seated aversion to pressing the HELP button. I don't understand this. I get that punching it over and over to clear all of the requests is somewhat time-consuming (but not nearly as much as it used to be now that you can do 10 at a time). I also get that not everyone has a psychological need to clear all of those notifications. But even when the Alliance Help event shows up, it often takes the majority of the 24-hour period to get over the threshold, in an alliance with 30 members.

Doing this one simple thing takes 30 seconds, and over time, can really affect how quickly people can finish quests! The number of times I can check how much HELP I'm receiving, and find that an old request is at 2/10 and the new one is at 0, is staggering to me. I've tried asking politely in the alliance chat. I've tried messaging the head of the alliance privately to ask if we can add that basic level of participation to our description. NOTHING. Meanwhile, as soon as an AQ or AW starts, there are people in all-caps yelling to join or else!

Does this weird dynamic exist in anyone else's alliance? Again I ask, is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    the server lag can be a bit too much at times
  • BladerunnerBladerunner Posts: 11
    My first alliance was somewhat like that. You can join another alliance if you want more active players
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    Maybe not cap the rewards on helping people might increase arena grinding
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Our alliance is like that. Ain’t no help in sight
  • A7madD1wA7madD1w Posts: 103
    edited June 2021
    wait.. people care about this? the help system is so broken that at this point it's easier to just ignore the whole thing than suffer through 10 minutes of lag each time you press the button

Edit: just went to press the help button for my ally, it stopped working after a bit and now every time i press it, the button does absolutely nothing.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

I mean, when I see 2000 help requests, sure they button does 10 at a time, but when there’s server lag and stuff, I really can’t be bothered to press a button 200 times especially when it cuts off what? 2 minutes from a cooldown?

I think it’s more than 2 minutes. I can request for help for my 6* every 2 hours or so. I have seen 2-3 hours shave off for my 6* cooldown.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    I think not helping after you reach 1000 loyalty has to do with lag and crashes
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    tkillcoin said:

The people in my alliance have a deep-seated aversion to pressing the HELP button. I don't understand this.

There is a pervasive belief out there that requesting help or sending help causes game crashes. It does not. It might exacerbate them somewhat, but it most definitely doesn't cause them. The same activity that generates crashes when I play the game generates them whether I request help or not, or send help or not, in carefully controlled testing.
  • Dblstkd1Dblstkd1 Posts: 8
    Well, if you go in search of a new alliance check out BlackShadowKillers2. We love smashing the help button and work pretty well together in the other aspects of the game.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Why r u in the alliance, do you have friends in there? not friends(I think) no one u know (again I think)

You must ask yourself why u in the alliance (from what you said I wouldn’t)
  • CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
    1000? My alliance doesn’t get pass 50 we all have ocd with that little red number lol. I have to ask people to request more help so I can earn more loyalty points 🤣.

Just leave.