**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Ronin over Hawkeye?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,050 ★★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

It’s amazing how people keep comparing these things... “WhY roNiN inStEaD oF IrON MaN?!??!!!1!?”

Like come on, the answer is so blatantly obvious, ronin needs a few numbers changing, iron man (or insert any of the other usual comparisons) need completely new abilities, almost like designing a brand new champions kit.
    If you’re gonna do a comparison like this, why not “why did ronin get picked over iceman or Heimdall or any other middle of the pack, just needs more damage/x ability duration increase champion”

Truth is, they probably have a team working on buff ideas and there’s no particular order to it, probably just bouncing between champions trying to think of ideas until they get one they like and pass it up to the next team, then they’re likely just implemented as they’re completed in most cases.

Speak for yourself friend. I felt this way, and I stand by what I said. Both are Clint, so that is the obvious reason I compared the two.

And I personally feel Hawkeye is an update away from being great. Give him PG, and degen for bleed-immune, and he's good to go.

Iron Man is ****. He's worse than HE. Again, I didn't use IM. You did.
    That's the point of what everyone is telling you. Ronin isn't being overhauled this month, just a tweak. HE needs a moderate update but those take longer than just numbers updates. I don't think anyone got a overhaul this month as those take longer. I think they are doing those every 3 months or something.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    ŁŤÇ said:

It’s amazing how people keep comparing these things... “WhY roNiN inStEaD oF IrON MaN?!??!!!1!?”

Like come on, the answer is so blatantly obvious, ronin needs a few numbers changing, iron man (or insert any of the other usual comparisons) need completely new abilities, almost like designing a brand new champions kit.
    If you’re gonna do a comparison like this, why not “why did ronin get picked over iceman or Heimdall or any other middle of the pack, just needs more damage/x ability duration increase champion”

Truth is, they probably have a team working on buff ideas and there’s no particular order to it, probably just bouncing between champions trying to think of ideas until they get one they like and pass it up to the next team, then they’re likely just implemented as they’re completed in most cases.

Speak for yourself friend. I felt this way, and I stand by what I said. Both are Clint, so that is the obvious reason I compared the two.

And I personally feel Hawkeye is an update away from being great. Give him PG, and degen for bleed-immune, and he's good to go.

Iron Man is ****. He's worse than HE. Again, I didn't use IM. You did.
    Did you just seriously think that buffing a champ that easy ? "Give him a bleed a degen and boom bgt skill" ?
    Suddenly i just want a tune-up iron man for you sake.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    For what is worth ronin and Hawkeye is one man.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Well apparently it's because Hawkeye is better than Ronin according to the logic of another thread.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Well apparently it's because Hawkeye is better than Ronin according to the logic of another thread.

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    The fact that Hawkeye sucks more is why it wasn’t Hawkeye. Diablo already received the rework. Hawkeye needs a rework as opposed to a tune-up. Ronin is “OK” and needs some numbers, so Ronin received the tune-up instead. Honestly though, I kind of hate Ronin’s playstyle and wish he had been reworked too.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

The fact that Hawkeye sucks more is why it wasn’t Hawkeye. Diablo already received the rework. Hawkeye needs a rework as opposed to a tune-up. Ronin is “OK” and needs some numbers, so Ronin received the tune-up instead. Honestly though, I kind of hate Ronin’s playstyle and wish he had been reworked too.

If Ronin achieved his evade quicker vs bleeders, his aggressive play style would be more viable than it is now. He’s still fun though
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Wordunken said:

why are people disagreeing with this dont you wanna see hawkeye to got any change instead of ronin. and ı cant remember the last time ı saw bishop.(why bishop. who plays bishop, is there some guys who goes man ı love bishop he is my favorite charachter. ı wish he would gett a buff thats all ı want)
    ı dont like diablo either but the problem is ,atleast the concern/annoyence people get over this is why bishop and ronin comes ahead of the others that need TUNE UP or VALUE ONLY.

I want Hawkeye to get an overhaul. I want him to be given the proper respect that he deserves but I also know that just because you don't want Ronin to get a numbers bump automatically means that they will swap him out for a second overhaul.

They've said on multiple occasions that even if for some reason they decided to cancel it at the last minute, it would only be a lateral move and they would go for somebody else in the same category.

You don't want Ronin to get a numbers bump? That's fine somebody else who only needs a numbers bump will take his place.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    It would be nice to have an overhaul for Hawkeye, but I can see why they went with Ronin this month as Ronin will likely only get a numbers updated and they already chose Diablo for the overhaul. Who knows maybe Hawkeye will get his turn in August.
  • Options

It would be nice to have an overhaul for Hawkeye, but I can see why they went with Ronin this month as Ronin will likely only get a numbers updated and they already chose Diablo for the overhaul. Who knows maybe Hawkeye will get his turn in August.

That depends on whether or not they have Miles ready to go. I don't think we ever had a hard date announced but they were definitely suggesting end of summer.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

That depends on whether or not they have Miles ready to go. I don't think we ever had a hard date announced but they were definitely suggesting end of summer.
    Yeah, I've been wondering when the Miles overhaul would happen
  • Options
    S_A_B_A_R_M_AS_A_B_A_R_M_A Posts: 26
    edited June 2021
    Wicket329 said:

Because older characters need more work, including potential animation changes. That work takes more time. Ronin is almost certainly only getting a value update, meaning it takes substantially less time to accomplish and can be knocked out pretty easily.

If and when Hawkeye and the rest of the OG Avengers get their updates, they will likely be comprehensive and you will be glad they took the time that they did to get it right. Unless you just want to see a value updated Iron Man?

you just need to add some power gain on hawkeye's heavy, then make sp1 bleed stackable add true strike on sp1 or sp2 and that's it champion is decent, it's not like ant man who needs whole rework
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Wicket329 said:

Because older characters need more work, including potential animation changes. That work takes more time. Ronin is almost certainly only getting a value update, meaning it takes substantially less time to accomplish and can be knocked out pretty easily.

If and when Hawkeye and the rest of the OG Avengers get their updates, they will likely be comprehensive and you will be glad they took the time that they did to get it right. Unless you just want to see a value updated Iron Man?

you just need to add some power gain on hawkeye's heavy, then make sp1 bleed stackable add true strike on sp1 or sp2 and that's it champion is decent, it's not like ant man who needs whole rework
    The reason why Hawkeye keeps coming up in the discussion of an overhaul is because people wanted to see more trick arrows or the ability to cycle arrows like winter soldier does when he dashes back and whole block. Not to mention some animations.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

The reason why Hawkeye keeps coming up in the discussion of an overhaul is because people wanted to see more trick arrows or the ability to cycle arrows like winter soldier does when he dashes back and whole block. Not to mention some animations.
    I posted this in the suggestions thread. Although it was when I was bored, I’d like to see something more useful for Hawkeye than what he is:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/269002/hawkeye-rework#latest