Options

Is max sig Diablo immune to energy damage?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
There is one potion that gives him 70% regen on incoming energy damage, (like Gulk), and if he is poisoned at max sig, he reduces incoming damage by 30%.

I am assuming that all that is is instead of regenerating 70% of energy damage and ignoring the other 30%, it’s just going to reduce it and regenerate 49% and only take 21% incoming energy damage.
Could a mod confirm this interaction?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,419 ★★★★★
    Well, they're about to redesign/buff him.

Why not wait and see if he still has either of these abilities in a week's time, then ask in his new Spotlight?
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Likely what you said, reduces damage by 30% and then heals 70% of what he still takes
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Oh God, I might actually 5r5s200ing my Diablo, lmao. I also have the 6*, so it depends on the sig scaling.
  • Options

There is one potion that gives him 70% regen on incoming energy damage, (like Gulk), and if he is poisoned at max sig, he reduces incoming damage by 30%.

I am assuming that all that is is instead of regenerating 70% of energy damage and ignoring the other 30%, it’s just going to reduce it and regenerate 49% and only take 21% incoming energy damage.
    Could a mod confirm this interaction?

Way too OP if he was immune. Probably gonna be the latter interaction
    I mean you do have to have your potion and a poison up simultaneously for both reductions so it’s not like power stone hulk energy immune but it could still be very good.
  • Options

Oh God, I might actually 5r5s200ing my Diablo, lmao. I also have the 6*, so it depends on the sig scaling.

Lol wait until we know for sure just in case
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 840 ★★★
    Recovery takes it to about 80% healing when taking energy damage, which is decent. Keep in mind, this is only after launching a special.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Immunity and resistance are a massive difference.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,741 ★★★★

Why not wait and see if he still has either of these abilities in a week's time, then ask in his new Spotlight?

Spotlight is already out.
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-diablo/
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Oh, wow. I guess I never put 2 and 2 together and realized just how huge sig 200 is for Diablo…

I can’t believe your actually gaining health from energy attacks with distilled will ingredient + recovery.

Anyone know if this applies to debuffs and/or blocked hits? This could be MAJOR.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

100% resistance > immunity.
    I would rather have immunity then resistance, as immunity rarely has a punishing effect, resistances on the other hand have many punishing effects Tied in with some beneficial.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

I would rather have immunity then resistance, as immunity rarely has a punishing effect, resistances on the other hand have many punishing effects Tied in with some beneficial.
    I'd rather willpower *shrug* to each their own.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

But a good shout is that WP healing may be heavily mitigated due to the poisons
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

This was from the buff spotlight.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

DawsMan said:

But a good shout is that WP healing may be heavily mitigated due to the poisons
    Ye I didn't realize we were on a diablo thread. I meant in general. Definitely a very good point.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Seeing poison reduces healing by 30%, unlikely.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Resistance is nice for WP but then on nodes with enhanced debuff damage, you're screwed. Down to personal perference really.
  • Options
    Can someone with a max sig Diablo +liquid courage check this?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    his 30% from sig ablity worls like namors 100%. so if the original energy damage was something like 1000, he only takes 700. when he takes this 700, he regens 70% of that damage taken. so he would heal 490. so in total effect he only loses 210. so this is like an effective 79% damage reduction.

why would you think of adding them though? they're totally different type of ablities
  • Options
    I stated myself in the original post that I assumed it would be an effective 79% reduction, but I wanted to see just in case because interactions can be weird.