**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer of Pain claims its first (idiotic) victim

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    zuffy said:

You went in with the wrong team. Aegon, AA and counter for terrax was all you needed for average skill players. Aegon with unitman can get thru anything.

If I was going for full explore from the start, Aegon would have been a viable option, except that I might have jumped out the window before building combo high enough. Banking combo via reset would have probably been way cheaper, though. If I could just hand the game a thousand units to get a 999 Aegon instead of resetting 20 or 30 times to bank combo, I would have jumped to that option immediately.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Waiting for @Karatemike415 to comment on this lmao
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    My worst fight was KM taking about 1k units. My total run cost my entire revive stash and about 1.3k units.

Only good 6* was Cable from the nexus so very worth overall.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

TL;DR- KarateMike gives bad advice? :D

My advice would have been to NOT bring THREE Terrax counters!! haha
    I used a R4 5* GHulk for Terrax. Was able to chain heavies while he was cornered. And I agree with you on bringing 3 of those counters.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★

I used a R4 5* GHulk for Terrax. Was able to chain heavies while he was cornered.

Same.

• Options
    Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    Dat’s how Kabam be gettin’ dat money son!$$$
    If something has really good rewards you can assume Kabam has backed up the unit/dollar value of those rewards factored into the difficulty. Like Gauntlet they probably value the rewards at like $500 so it will cost any player who’s not incredible and/or not prepared skill/roster wise that much to beat. And while Lagacy and other great players make it look easy and kids on here claim it’s “easy” and they did it with no revives for 80% of players, even good ones that’s not the case and it will cost you one way or another.

Don’t feel bad bro, I tried Rogue like 200 times with all different champs and am not ashamed to admit she cost me 5 40% revives to finally take down with Corvus which isn’t much and I had the units f2p but I wanted that “one shot” soooo bad and it wasn’t happening for me. No matter how many one shot videos I watched on YouTube the AI was just super nasty and uncooperative and 65% was the lowest I could get her with no revives.

As a reasonably skilled Thronebreaker with a decent roster I tried the gauntlet and knew immediately doing more than the first path would be insanely hard and could definitely see getting stuck halfway through having to drop $500 in units to finish so I decided to not run it even the rewards are tempting/amazing. Best to take baby steps in this game or be prepared to drop tons of time and/or money.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    bro i read the entire thing and after a proper laugh, i felt so bad for ya. but it was a groovy story of pain that's for sure but what's done is done and the bright side is you never have to do it again lol
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Very good story, reminded me of when I was young LOL.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Lmao had fun reading this.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So how much did you pay @Worknprogress to tell me to use Ghost and Quake?
    I used Ghost bc I refused to use Quake for it but Quake is still by far the best option. Xavier is also really solid if you're comfortable enough with using him.

Just a pretty nasty fight in general really. Probably the only one I have any major complaints about
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    That was a good read man, my expirience was worse unfortunately, can be so painful.. Either way congrats for finishing it!
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    We need to protect DNA, I Didn't think I'd read all that, but I got hooked, that was hilarious and beautifully written, thank you for your time sir 😂😂
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Hey, at least you spent 9k units on actually clearing content.

I’ve easily spent double that on 3*s from cavs.

Scratch double, it’s probably triple at this point.

Well done on getting through it, sounds like it was a little rough. But you got a good story out of it, so isn’t that the real prize?

@Crcrcrc be like: Those are rookie numbers.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Zenn_La said:

Dat’s how Kabam be gettin’ dat money son!$$$
    If something has really good rewards you can assume Kabam has backed up the unit/dollar value of those rewards factored into the difficulty. Like Gauntlet they probably value the rewards at like $500 so it will cost any player who’s not incredible and/or not prepared skill/roster wise that much to beat. And while Lagacy and other great players make it look easy and kids on here claim it’s “easy” and they did it with no revives for 80% of players, even good ones that’s not the case and it will cost you one way or another.

Don’t feel bad bro, I tried Rogue like 200 times with all different champs and am not ashamed to admit she cost me 5 40% revives to finally take down with Corvus which isn’t much and I had the units f2p but I wanted that “one shot” soooo bad and it wasn’t happening for me. No matter how many one shot videos I watched on YouTube the AI was just super nasty and uncooperative and 65% was the lowest I could get her with no revives.

As a reasonably skilled Thronebreaker with a decent roster I tried the gauntlet and knew immediately doing more than the first path would be insanely hard and could definitely see getting stuck halfway through having to drop $500 in units to finish so I decided to not run it even the rewards are tempting/amazing. Best to take baby steps in this game or be prepared to drop tons of time and/or money.

Just so there’s no confusion, I’ll be fine. I hoped this would be entertaining; it is not a cry for help. We all make mistakes, and I’m fine with people having a good laugh over this one.

I actually haven’t watched much Gauntlet runs; as I said I wasn’t planning on doing it originally. So actually i have no idea how easy or hard the content is being portrayed. I know there are people out there saying it is “easy” but eh, I’m assuming most people take that stuff with a huge grain of salt.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Grats on at least finishing it bro.

Yeah sometimes it’s hard to control when emotions get the better of you.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    Damn i dont know how to react
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

• Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    I really enjoyed your read…