**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

For those who say getting R3s + Thronebreaker is rng dependend

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

it definitely is rng based. i’m sitting on four t5cs just because i don’t have any champs in the class that i want to take up

it would be foolish to say otherwise. First off, the obtaining of champs is obviously rng based from crystals. secondly, besides the t5c selectors, the obtaining of t5c catalysts is rng based. rng + rng= rng

See this right here is an example.... "That I dont WANT to take up"... u could have took up someone for the TB benefits and after that decide who else u want to rank , just because the champ is the BEST of BEST , doesnt mean it doesnt deserve a rankup
    i’ve been thronebreaker for awhile 🤡
    Not the point, the point is you(anyone) can take any champ up to r3 and get TB. It's only because people are waiting on a "bgt" option to r3 that people don't. Stop being a clown and understand the point for heaven's sake.
    you just don’t understand that random champs plus random catalysts equals random opportunities to rank up good champs. you keep saying you can rank up garbage champs for thronebreaker but most people would rather rank up champs they like or good champs. nobody wants to take king groot to r3
    And you don't understand that TB isn't mean for people with a small amount of 6*'s. TB was meant for the endgame type player with large 6* rosters. Everyone is equating the requirement of 1 R3 6* being that they need the 1 6* they need that 1 6* to be one they would take to R3. Or if they form 1 T5CC it should be for a champ they want to rank up.

People don't realize that before TB was ever a title that OG TB's all dealt with the same type of "problem". If they didn't have a champ to use the T5CC on, they'd wait until they have one. When Kabam released the title early due to the reduction of difficulty in story content, there were many people who got the title right away because they explored all the content, ran high level AQ and everything else it takes to get T5CC.

The problem currently is that you have so many people doing just the barest of bare minimum to get a T5CC that they blaze through content which they aren't opening as many 6* crystals. They have like 10 or so to chose from where OG TB had 50+ when it was released.

It's not a RNG thing, its a impatience thing. People need to slow down or rank up any champ for the class they have and live with it.
    if it wasn’t random, there would be no need to be patient
    No, not at all. The people who don't have the patience are the ones with 5 6*'s and a T5CC formed, who did one run through act 6, don't have act 5 explored, 7.1 or 7.2 1 run through or maybe easy path of abyss. They aren't doing all the content that you can get more 6* shards from or more T5CC. They aren't running Map 7 to get the weekly 10% or anything of that sort. You overcome any aspect of "RNG" by increasing your opportunities.

Again, the title wasn't meant for someone to have 1 6* R3. It was meant for big 6* roster types with most if not all content done. Early Cav's have turned it into this misconception that just having a T5CC means I should have a champ to R3 and whatever else ridiculous excuses they come up with. I wish Kabam would increase the requirements to end these silly threads honestly.
    increasing quantity does not negate RNG. i could open 100 2% t5c crystals and get no mutant. although it’s unlikely, i’m guaranteed nothing
    If you were in the target group of people that TB was intended for when it came out, you'd have been getting 4 10% each month from Map 7, high tier AQ (plat 2 and above) for the month and half for rewards. There's 10% in Cav EQ monthly plus the Cav objective.

So without doing ANY content, there is 6 10% crystals each month available to those willing to put the effort in. That doesn't include story, MSQ's, offers or gory store. There isn't any scenario where you';; just be opening 100 2% crystals. The point is that TB is reflective of the effort you put in. You'll have a longer path to TB if you are doing just the bare minimum. Those doing barely the bare minimum will be subject to their pulls but if they actually do what OG TB people did, they'll reach their goal quicker.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

it definitely is rng based. i’m sitting on four t5cs just because i don’t have any champs in the class that i want to take up

it would be foolish to say otherwise. First off, the obtaining of champs is obviously rng based from crystals. secondly, besides the t5c selectors, the obtaining of t5c catalysts is rng based. rng + rng= rng

Also idk why people are hating on this so much, it’s a very real thing having catalysts and not wanting to rank anyone. I have 9 R3s and this is my T5 situation:

Legitimately considering og abom or red skull 😭
    There's a difference between this and taking a single r3 for thronebreaker.
    Im at 9 r3s and holding catalysts because I don't feel like taking anyone up.
    That's not comparable to people saying it's RNG to form a t5cc
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I agree.

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Also idk why people are hating on this so much, it’s a very real thing having catalysts and not wanting to rank anyone. I have 9 R3s and this is my T5 situation:

Legitimately considering og abom or red skull 😭
    I guarantee people can pick someone for easy cat. The longer you hold the less valuable they become.

But every one plays their game different
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

This is false saying its not RNG . i finished act 6 , 7.1 , 7.2 and even explored some cav eq (no t5cc parts nexus back then) and yet im stilll a 29k cosmic at my best. a player can get awesome RNG and form a whole mutant t5cc and rank 3 their mutant like colossus or mags but if a players gets dumped on with RNG , he's not gonna have fun. Abyss is another option but nick,torch,doom all keep evading me

So you aren't running Map 7 to get the 10% weekly T5CC? You aren't doing Cav Eq every month? Did you explore all Variants? When you say you finished Act 7, does that mean it's 100% or just one run through?

If most of your answers are "no" then you aren't doing everything it takes to get to TB and aren't really ready for the title.
    no i dont run map 7 cause i do have real life too. I always explore cav eq and im midway of exploring variants and have 7.1 left to explore

Map 7 is not time consuming. We're finishing 6+ hours early now.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

I want to see the damage of the soon to be rank 3 star lord at 400 combo

Watch swedeah hit 400 combo with a five star and then multiply that damage by 1.3 and thats pretty well what a 6 r3 will be doing.
    Errr nope. There is absolutely no where in game to see his damage at 400 hits with damage caps as a 5 or 6
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

See this right here is an example.... "That I dont WANT to take up"... u could have took up someone for the TB benefits and after that decide who else u want to rank , just because the champ is the BEST of BEST , doesnt mean it doesnt deserve a rankup
    Not the point, the point is you(anyone) can take any champ up to r3 and get TB. It's only because people are waiting on a "bgt" option to r3 that people don't. Stop being a clown and understand the point for heaven's sake.
    you just don’t understand that random champs plus random catalysts equals random opportunities to rank up good champs. you keep saying you can rank up garbage champs for thronebreaker but most people would rather rank up champs they like or good champs. nobody wants to take king groot to r3
    And you don't understand that TB isn't mean for people with a small amount of 6*'s. TB was meant for the endgame type player with large 6* rosters. Everyone is equating the requirement of 1 R3 6* being that they need the 1 6* they need that 1 6* to be one they would take to R3. Or if they form 1 T5CC it should be for a champ they want to rank up.

People don't realize that before TB was ever a title that OG TB's all dealt with the same type of "problem". If they didn't have a champ to use the T5CC on, they'd wait until they have one. When Kabam released the title early due to the reduction of difficulty in story content, there were many people who got the title right away because they explored all the content, ran high level AQ and everything else it takes to get T5CC.

The problem currently is that you have so many people doing just the barest of bare minimum to get a T5CC that they blaze through content which they aren't opening as many 6* crystals. They have like 10 or so to chose from where OG TB had 50+ when it was released.

It's not a RNG thing, its a impatience thing. People need to slow down or rank up any champ for the class they have and live with it.
    No, not at all. The people who don't have the patience are the ones with 5 6*'s and a T5CC formed, who did one run through act 6, don't have act 5 explored, 7.1 or 7.2 1 run through or maybe easy path of abyss. They aren't doing all the content that you can get more 6* shards from or more T5CC. They aren't running Map 7 to get the weekly 10% or anything of that sort. You overcome any aspect of "RNG" by increasing your opportunities.

Again, the title wasn't meant for someone to have 1 6* R3. It was meant for big 6* roster types with most if not all content done. Early Cav's have turned it into this misconception that just having a T5CC means I should have a champ to R3 and whatever else ridiculous excuses they come up with. I wish Kabam would increase the requirements to end these silly threads honestly.
    The requirements should have been 100% abyss and act 6. This would have put it “out of reach” enough and discourage people from making rankups that they may (or may not) regret later
    Why would abyss be tied to a title? It never made sense to me when it was suggested when the title came put too. I agree that 100% act 6 should have been a good gate or even having 3 6R3 could have been a good benchmark.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The feeling is like I saved up eight 10% T5cc selector and I have already got 20k tech T5cc shards, after I pulled 6* Gully2099, I decided to open that eight 10% T5cc selector……but only 2 out of 8 give me the tech as option. It’s RNG in that sense……..
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I see a lot of the typical factionalism, but not many people seem to think that the requirements were well-crafted.

It says something when people are arguing less about if something is bad than in which way something is bad.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Key words "I don't have any champs in the class I want to take up"

So you could be TB and have more content to access, but instead you'll shot yourself in the foot and complain that RNG isn't on your side.
    bruv i have 7 r3s…
    Okay so in a hypothetical situation where you weren't, you wouldn't R3 a champ in a class that was less than ideal to become TB to have more access to materials and quests? That doesn't make it RNG, that makes it stubbornness.
    let’s say you do abyss and obtain a science t5c but don’t have any sciene 6 stars, that’s undoubtedly rng…
    The likelihood of that occurring is so low its unfathomable, unless you're actively trying to speed run your way to TB without doing all the other available content first. There's a progression line in the game that people seem to try and skip past for whatever illogical reason.
    After 20 6-star pulls, there is a 13% chance you have 1 or 0 pulls from the class in question. If you say that 20% of the class is acceptable rank 3 material, that means there’s a 2% chance you got what you need. Across 40 pulls, there’s still a 1/36 chance you get 0, 1 or 2 pulls of your preferred class. That’s a fairly low chance but it won’t be at all unheard of in a game this big.

In most cases, I agree that they need to just wait their turn, but I have a real issue with gating the title behind a roster requirement then offering almost no way to match the roster to the resource. It would’ve been avoided if the requirement was just to form the catalyst. #6StarDualClassNow
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

So you could be TB and have more content to access, but instead you'll shot yourself in the foot and complain that RNG isn't on your side.
    bruv i have 7 r3s…
    Okay so in a hypothetical situation where you weren't, you wouldn't R3 a champ in a class that was less than ideal to become TB to have more access to materials and quests? That doesn't make it RNG, that makes it stubbornness.
    let’s say you do abyss and obtain a science t5c but don’t have any sciene 6 stars, that’s undoubtedly rng…
    The likelihood of that occurring is so low its unfathomable, unless you're actively trying to speed run your way to TB without doing all the other available content first. There's a progression line in the game that people seem to try and skip past for whatever illogical reason.
    After 20 6-star pulls, there is a 13% chance you have 1 or 0 pulls from the class in question. If you say that 20% of the class is acceptable rank 3 material, that means there’s a 2% chance you got what you need. Across 40 pulls, there’s still a 1/36 chance you get 0, 1 or 2 pulls of your preferred class. That’s a fairly low chance but it won’t be at all unheard of in a game this big.

In most cases, I agree that they need to just wait their turn, but I have a real issue with gating the title behind a roster requirement then offering almost no way to match the roster to the resource. It would’ve been avoided if the requirement was just to form the catalyst. #6StarDualClassNow
    You might have been close to correct when TB came out. 6*'s weren't terribly hard to come by but T5CC was more scarce. That's change in the short time we've had the TB title since October of 2019, relatively in comparison to other titles. T5CC is WAYYYY more common now. It's being included in everything we're getting now. Like someone said earlier in this thread, they became TB without Abyss or main story content done.

Your example is more akin to what the economy was like last October but is not like what it is now.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    It is rng though... i had completed all Variants, 7.1, 6.1, 6.3 100% as well as not missing any of the 10% crystals from monthly EQ and had 0 fully formed catalysts, now when I 100% 7.1 I had a selector and 2 classes at 50-60% that I had r3 worthy champs in, I picked cosmic then the random crystal gave me mutant, had I picked mutant instead of cosmic in that selector then rng would’ve allowed me to get thronebreaker a month earlier than I did.

I did also do abyss before becoming thronebreaker and got tech, can’t say I was a big fan of red skull, my best tech option at the time so couldn’t get it that way.

That was 3-4 months ago, I’ve now got 4 r3s and 5 more T5cc to use, but that just says a lot about how close I was to forming every class because rng decided to split all my fragments incredibly evenly.
  • Options
    at this point, getting an r3 for TB should be easy. Play the game normally and you will be able to progress.
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

increasing quantity does not negate RNG. i could open 100 2% t5c crystals and get no mutant. although it’s unlikely, i’m guaranteed nothing
    If only there were a bunch of selectors available in content, and somebody had helpfully listed where to find them earlier in the thread 🤔🤔🤔
    i’ve already earned all the selectors 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

If only there were a bunch of selectors available in content, and somebody had helpfully listed where to find them earlier in the thread 🤔🤔🤔
    And you’re not Thronebreaker yet?
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

bruv i have 7 r3s…
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

• Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

i’m breaker of thrones…
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

It is rng though... i had completed all Variants, 7.1, 6.1, 6.3 100% as well as not missing any of the 10% crystals from monthly EQ and had 0 fully formed catalysts, now when I 100% 7.1 I had a selector and 2 classes at 50-60% that I had r3 worthy champs in, I picked cosmic then the random crystal gave me mutant, had I picked mutant instead of cosmic in that selector then rng would’ve allowed me to get thronebreaker a month earlier than I did.

I did also do abyss before becoming thronebreaker and got tech, can’t say I was a big fan of red skull, my best tech option at the time so couldn’t get it that way.

That was 3-4 months ago, I’ve now got 4 r3s and 5 more T5cc to use, but that just says a lot about how close I was to forming every class because rng decided to split all my fragments incredibly evenly.

It also says even in a relatively bad luck case scenario, random chance could only delay you from getting Thronebreaker by a couple months. It couldn't prevent you from getting TB.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Let’s count this out:
    You got 25% selector from act 6 completion, two more 25% selectors from 7.1 and 7.2 explorations. There are quite a lot of random t5cc crystals sprinkled all over the permanent content. As long as you have a single good 6 star that you like and would r3, you can be smart and pick the class that champ is from and become thronebreaker
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

It also says even in a relatively bad luck case scenario, random chance could only delay you from getting Thronebreaker by a couple months. It couldn't prevent you from getting TB.
    True, you’ll get it eventually, but rng does (or did, it seems to be a whole lot less rng dependant nowadays) play a role in how quickly you get there.