**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why to improve F2Ps condition

avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
P2ps are 80% better in this game.Every month there's something cool for paid players.
Like i'm stuck on 6.2.2 for like 2 months now, cuz i'm getting no counters.If i was a p2p, i would have bought ton of cavs and crystal shards, and got a counter. I've never got a featured cav. p2ps get extra july 4th deals, and we keep on hoarding units.

We also need to avoid the day when we have to pay to download the game. What if we have to pay to get summoner appreciation and Christmas gift one day?
p2p also have summoner sigil advantage. I mean u can give it for free for a week in a month?

SWS only for p2ps. wow!! These things are becoming the reason people are leaving game and downfall of kabam's revenue.

What are ur thoughts?

Comments

• GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Paying will always give you an advantage all else equal but there are tons of ways for f2p to go far in the game and the only exclusive things like sigil aren't worth fussing about. holiday deals are whatever too. You can buy cavs with units too if you want. There are something like 7k units up for grabs in arenas for free if you put the time in...
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    To the guy that said micro transactions, for the value of what you are getting they're a little more like macro transactions especially since you can't re-sell these items like skins.

To the OP, don't use hypothetical situations when trying to make a point. I believe I have gotten 2 months free with the sigil since it has came out. If F2P players are leaving the game, how is that affecting their revenue stream? They lost 0 dollars.

I am not totally free to play. I bought the deadpool deal and I think a parkers wallet when I first started and haven't spent since. But then again I am not in a hurry to complete a game that doesn't seem to have an end.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Who you selling the house to. The guy with money, or the guy who cant afford it? Being f2p is fine, just slower and more skill if not an ideal roster.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    You do realize that you can buy a featured Cav with Units right?

If you say that it’s a waste then you can’t use that as a valid argument as it is available for you to buy but you choose not
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Um, so sorry guys if i'm wrong
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Ahem.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Git Gud
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between spending, and spending money on cavs until you get the perfect counters on content because you can't get good.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I have spent barley any money on this came, so not exactly ftp but very close to it and I’m done everything in the game besides a few Carina challenges, being stuck on 6.2.2 is a skill issue, I bet you have some Champs that can do it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

kabam's revenue fell last month

Amazing what happens when you don't have a ton of stuff to do in game....
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    There are plenty of ways to get counters for certain pieces of content. I had so many problems getting through act six and 7.1 and 2, and I am free to play as well. But I grinded the other content I could, practiced, and eventually got through it, albeit with some brute force. If you are really that hard stuck, try taking a look at what else you haven't completed, and try your best to complete those and give yourself a break, some new skills, and more champs to help you through your struggles.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Spending gives you an advantage? Insane
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Like you contribute nothing but keep asking for more.

• GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,205 ★★★★★
    Umm Help... im 100% f2p and im an endgame player... just cause you dont have the normal counters, it doesnt mean u have none
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    You can do everything in this game FTP apart from compete in the prestige race.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    If Kabam focused to make the game easier to progress and rewarding to players who’s philosophy is to not spend a dime then the game would dissolve and be gone quickly.

At some point we need to acknowledge that people who spend in the game allow the free to play players the opportunity to continue having a game they enjoy as well.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Last quarter I believe.

And it seems that they’ve taken many steps to increase interest in the game for paid players.

If revenue keeps going down, we’re going to need a new game at some point.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Last quarter I believe.

And it seems that they’ve taken many steps to increase interest in the game for paid players.

There are many factors why revenue fell. One of them being that there was a massive once in a hundred year pandemic that prevented a lot of people from working for a long time, and forced them to make cutbacks on where they spent money on luxuries.

Saying that revenue fell last quarter isn't surprising when you look at outside influences in the world.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Last quarter I believe.

There are many factors why revenue fell. One of them being that there was a massive once in a hundred year pandemic that prevented a lot of people from working for a long time, and forced them to make cutbacks on where they spent money on luxuries.

Saying that revenue fell last quarter isn't surprising when you look at outside influences in the world.
    Not to mention they released almost 0 content and the new champions released were underwhelming. Frankly, Kabam smashed it out of the park with no new reason to spend in game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

I've been trying to get Ferrari to understand the same thing. It's not fair I can't pay for one but people who make 100's of thousands of dollars a year can. Why can't Ferrari just give me one for free?

I am actually currently begging Lamborghini to give me a free car. I think maybe I am getting through to them. 😂😂😂
    Let me know if you do any better than me lol. I'll take a Lamborghini as well 😅😅😅
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I agree that spending money = faster progression.

At the same time I do not measure my progress against other players. I just play to have fun. It is a game after all.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    There's two things about this game that, for me, justifies p2p getting advantages.

1) No ads. I thank every whale for this. Ads in mobile games are a deal breaker for me.
    2) You can still do every piece of relevant content for free(I know about golden circle, don't have to tell me). Look at Brian Grant. Sure, he has trouble getting six star sig stones, but from a progression perspective he's at the top of the game, along with all the whales. Maybe not the best comparison, but in Clash of Clans, you can basically never catch up to the top players being f2p. By the time you get to a milestone the highest milestone has already changed.

If you really want to pop Cavs, grind arena and do it. Sure, it's a dumb plan and you'll probably come crying about how Cavs are rigged against f2ps.(it's happened on these forums)