**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Enter the Grandmaster's Gauntlet!

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★

Well, I've finished it even I don't have explored all permanent content :lol:
    Two things that I didn't like about this challenge: performance of the game currently suck ass and swallows, number of times I've got KOed due to lag, screen freezing or champion didn't respond to my input was so much higher that actual mistakes.
    And second, I absolutely loved that there are only t5cc selectors, but not for champions. After this crazy challange we should have at least one 6* crystal where we just choose which champion we get.

Who you use?
    Here was my team and thoughts > https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267823/i-came-i-saw-i-conquered-i-gauntlet-done-velvet-thoughts/p1
    I have a 6* r1 unduped fantastic does he need dupe?
    nope he doesn't "need" it .. it's just a cool little bonus.
  • ubiquitousWindubiquitousWind Posts: 114
    This content was executed pretty well. The Korg fight was annoying. In fact it was the only fight I truly struggled with but it was worth it. Plus, I should be able to still get all the unit deals in a few weeks assuming they top out at 21k again.

• Lord_D3vastatingLord_D3vastating Posts: 17

Well, I've finished it even I don't have explored all permanent content :lol:
    Two things that I didn't like about this challenge: performance of the game currently suck ass and swallows, number of times I've got KOed due to lag, screen freezing or champion didn't respond to my input was so much higher that actual mistakes.
    And second, I absolutely loved that there are only t5cc selectors, but not for champions. After this crazy challange we should have at least one 6* crystal where we just choose which champion we get.

Who you use?
    6r3 corvus, 6r2 magneto, 6r2 moleman, 5r5 arch and 5r5 magik (magik wasn't optimal, should have brought quake even I'm not comfortable with her)
  • Lord_D3vastatingLord_D3vastating Posts: 17
    Ebony_Naw said:

Surely this is a joke, right? They didn't even give that for abyss exploration and this is a lot easier in comparison and also more fun imo.
    Not at all, Abyss is easier in my opinion
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    I'm out i tried everything and nothing works for me.
  • DanpielDanpiel Posts: 23
    Uff
    Bashlord said:

I did it with same team as @Metalsonicdude
    R3 Apoc, R3 Prof X, R3 Doom, R5 Namor and R2 Cable(for synergy)

But I do not have his skills and it costed me about 2k units, mainly for potions.
    Apoc had over 70k hp max boosted 😅😅

Nexus was pretty good and picked Aarkus

Ranked Corvus to R3, Cable up for R3 next

The same nexus pick here!

• WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Well, my Nexus was‘t as good as I hoped … had to choose She-Hulk. My regular 6* gave Kingpin and Hit-Monkey.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,391 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I'm out i tried everything and nothing works for me.

Go for completion rewards then. That’s what I did on my mini as it didn’t have the right counters for some fights
    Cant bc my skills are trash. 6 yrs of playing and skills are trash 😭🤣
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    There is always unitman for backup. 😂
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    You know what’s great? Using a ton of resources on what’s advertised as the hardest content in the game, only to have this poorly coded game betray you at the worst time.

I lost my Horseman status for archangel in the middle of my run. Thanks, guys. At least it wasn’t Aegon I guess.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Xva23 said:

Just finished exploring, totally worth it for me personally

O
    One thing I'll say as advice, take breaks after each path. Even though it's smaller than abyss, it's just as exhausting. You'll make less mistakes if you take breaks. I would have saved 15 revives on sasquatch if I hadn't been frustrated of tiredness of fighting. But it's totally worth spending units on, I personally don't think you'll get this level of rewards for 5k units, which is the absolute maximum you'll need

I boosted and did 3-4 fights at a time. When boosts were done, so was I. This is great advice, no matter how you split it up.

And congrats on your Jane Foster. She’s great!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

But I do not have his skills and it costed me about 2k units, mainly for potions.

Might as well complete the hat trick:

(Already had Sunspot as 5*, so went with Aarkus)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

Grats. Aarkus’ a beast.
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    So I entered the Grandmaster's Gauntlet and completed it entirely and below is what I got from it.

The team I used Aegon, Namor, AA, RedMags & Apoc.

xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

Grats. Aarkus’ a beast.
    Pretty Underrated until UKM post a video that got me 🤐!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHTt10PeuHU&pp=ugMICgJlcxABGAE%3D
  • ARS7NARS7N Posts: 4
    edited June 2021
    I entered this assignment and have not finished yet (stopped on the last path). The menu says that there are 1 day and 6 hours left to complete the task. You have added 1 day to complete the task if the person manages to enter before the end of the event. Is it true?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★
    ARS7N said:

I entered this assignment and have not finished yet (stopped on the last path). The menu says that there are 1 day and 6 hours left to complete the task. You have added 1 day to complete the task if the person manages to enter before the end of the event. Is it true?

No go in to the side event menu and you wil se the right timer
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Danpiel said:

xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

Grats. Aarkus’ a beast.
    Have had him as a R3 for a long long time (3rd R3 iirc). His damage is good, good utility for buffed up/Diss track, can’t be power drained, good for hurt locker (the 15 hits special node), shuts down robots once in awhile.. overall pretty decent. Not to mention good on AW defense.
  • ARS7NARS7N Posts: 4
    edited June 2021

Here is 100% true information for you!
    xNig said:

Danpiel said:

xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

Grats. Aarkus’ a beast.
    Have had him as a R3 for a long long time (3rd R3 iirc). His damage is good, good utility for buffed up/Diss track, can’t be power drained, good for hurt locker (the 15 hits special node), shuts down robots once in awhile.. overall pretty decent. Not to mention good on AW defense.
    Already R2 and contemplating R3. I have a soft spot for champions with exotic utility and at least nominal damage, and since my alliance is not very competitive in alliance war I have a feeling an R3 Aarkus is going to come as a bit of a surprise on defense if I go that route.
  • PleasureDomePleasureDome Posts: 93
    Has there been any mention of when it might come back?
    DNA3000 said:

xNig said:

Danpiel said:

xNig said:

DNA3000 said:

Danpiel said:

Uff

Bashlord said:

Grats. Aarkus’ a beast.
    Already R2 and contemplating R3. I have a soft spot for champions with exotic utility and at least nominal damage, and since my alliance is not very competitive in alliance war I have a feeling an R3 Aarkus is going to come as a bit of a surprise on defense if I go that route.
    For me, He's one of the complimentary characters of this game, useful in (AW.AQ. Quest, etc...)
    LIst:
    Vision Aarkus
    Mojo
    Hyperion
    (name others you know)...
    Danpiel said:

For me, He's one of the complimentary characters of this game, useful in (AW.AQ. Quest, etc...)
    LIst:
    Vision Aarkus
    Mojo
    Hyperion
    (name others you know)...

Off the top of my head: Venom, Claire, Magik, Warlock, Doom, Apocalypse, Dragon Man, Killmonger, Void, Guardian are all champs that have strong utility, are useful on both offense and defense, have uses in all game modes, and maintain their usefulness in higher tier content.