**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Ronin Changes

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Also I’m not entirely sure but wouldn’t Rulk count as a “tuneup” I don’t remember what they were referred to at the time but tuneups are still a great thing for the game, Kabam has to have consistency as to how much a champ is changed when they get a “tuneup”
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I honestly think they maybe should just do overhauls and moderate buffs. Just scrap the tune up buffs.

I have a feeling if they release the list of who fits under what category, that by getting rid of tune-ups some very notable Champs might get screwed over and really have to wait until they are very out of the meta before getting buffed.
    Ok. But would give kabam more time every month. As this year. It feels like kabam has been shooting themselves in the foot. As a lot of 2021 champs so far need updates to their abilitys. They have been honestly low balling the champs abilities.
    Again because low-balling is easy to fix. You believe that automatically removing tune-ups from the equation would automatically guarantee more moderate updates or overhauls? Who's to say that the champ you really want to get buffed is getting the kind of buff you want?

Not everyone is going to get a Magneto level buff but at the same time how do you know that this is going to stop more champions from having reworks that they don't need and suddenly we have the forums up in arms like we did with the initial releases of Daredevil Hell's Kitchen or Yellow Jacket or even Hood 2.0?
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I honestly think they maybe should just do overhauls and moderate buffs. Just scrap the tune up buffs.

I have a feeling if they release the list of who fits under what category, that by getting rid of tune-ups some very notable Champs might get screwed over and really have to wait until they are very out of the meta before getting buffed.
    Ok. But would give kabam more time every month. As this year. It feels like kabam has been shooting themselves in the foot. As a lot of 2021 champs so far need updates to their abilitys. They have been honestly low balling the champs abilities.
    Again because low-balling is easy to fix. You believe that automatically removing tune-ups from the equation would automatically guarantee more moderate updates or overhauls? Who's to say that the champ you really want to get buffed is getting the kind of buff you want?

Not everyone is going to get a Magneto level buff but at the same time how do you know that this is going to stop more champions from having reworks that they don't need and suddenly we have the forums up in arms like we did with the initial releases of Daredevil Hell's Kitchen or Yellow Jacket or even Hood 2.0?
    Where did I say I wanted a Magneto level buff for everyone? As well why does kabam think low balling a champion is helping them at all?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★

Buff or no buff, who actually would pick him over a Nick Fury if you want to rank and use a champ for daily purposes? Unless the buff allows him to surpass Fury, he will just continue to be a b-lister.

Maybe somebody like me who for the longest time didn't have a 5 * Nick Fury but did have a 5* Ronin.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Pulyaman said:

I think it is a case of people's expectations being too high here. People are suggesting they add cleanse passive to his kit which will not happen in a tune-up. They have increased his damage, made his AAR 100% if you need that kind of playstyle and made his sig ability a little more useful. You don't need to ramp up to 7 cruelty again and again now. Considering people were saying he did not need a buff at all, this seems to be a good change to him.

I don't really think that's it, the cleanse passive comment was one person to be fair. It's not so much people expecting a world breaking buff or additions to his kit that were unreasonable, it's more people would've preferred these sort of tweaks in areas that made more sense. The sig change is really the only meaningful part. The AAR is my main gripe, having it added to the sp1 disorient instead of the stance makes zero sense. Everything else is geared towards sp3 to sp2 damage rotation but we'll attach the only meaningful utility adjustment to sp1 spamming, doesn't make sense. Forcing a choice between actually using the utility or getting to the damage just leaves him out of place for most players.
    How does it make less sense. Lots of characters have playstyle to choose between damage and utility. Bwcv does not have damage in all the phases. It's not ideal, but I think that is what they were going for here. What I am getting is he is better than before. People were expecting kabam to fix every shortcoming in the champ. That will never happen.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 773 ★★★★
    I am starting to see the cons of buff too much champs per month, is that they don't have time to address all main problems that champs have, like angela, mole man, terrax,... there all good tune up because kabam see what problem lie in them, while nova just.... good for nothing, they focus on other 2 which result the 3rd not done too well, the point is if kabam find they don't have time for 3rd buff, you guys can leave it and will add more next month, instead of forcing 3 buffs why not this month 2 buffs, next month is 3, next is 4 ,or 2, or 3,.... depend on time to make the buff more quality.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,995 ★★★★★
    Value only buffs should have moderate changes as well, similar to Angela or Punisher99, otherwise it’s a waste of time on devs creating champs like this guy or Nova that have practically no change at all.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,566 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

It looks like Ronin will remain in the “not quite viable” category. I should note that Bishop is going to need a bit more than some bumped numbers to be viable. I don’t care what anybody says, I dread using him even in arena due to his tendency to tickle most opponents. His only real utility seems to be energy resist, and it’s not even that much resist.

Bishops energy resistance used to be the highest in the game.

I reckon there's a decent chance it will be again...

They need to make it slightly harder to kill yourself with him (maybe extend the time he can hold max Power based on his Sig) and up the numbers on his Prowess and healing; then he'll start to look okay.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Totally agree. He’s very fun to play and does a ton of interesting stuff.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

Considering how many people say here ronin is good and they like him already and only wanted kabam not to make him worse, why are people so disappointed?
    On the other hand, idk why bother with it in a first place. Like if you intend to change nothing, rather work on some other champ. Add pause timer on sps for rogue, increase hood base attack, decrease nebula charge timer like Gambit and let her consume shock while below 3 charges, not only the 3 pet fight. You know, simple things

You answered your own question. Hoping Kabam don't make their most "balanced" champion worse after a rebalance is an incredibly low standard.
    I did not. My point is they managed to hold to that standard. That's not bad already. When you expect bad thing and it's not happening, you should usually feel relieved, not disappointed
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,074 ★★★★

Well people were crying that he does not need any kind of buff. Maybe kabam acknowledged this and made last minute changes to keep him almost same........ Now people are crying that he did not got a good buff....

We are complaining because it's a waste of a buff spot.
    So who would you have wanted in his place? And remember it has to be a lateral choice, you can't change it into a moderate update or overhaul in its place.
    Mordo. He's got what could be a strong kit if it wasn't for absolutely atrociously puny values. Same for Fixit.

Mr. Sinister as well. How many champions are immune to reverse controls, heal reversal, concussion, block unlockable attacks, reflect debuffs and pause debuffs on demand on top of having sick animations? So much utility made useless by tiny attack values
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Well people were crying that he does not need any kind of buff. Maybe kabam acknowledged this and made last minute changes to keep him almost same........ Now people are crying that he did not got a good buff....

So who would you have wanted in his place? And remember it has to be a lateral choice, you can't change it into a moderate update or overhaul in its place.
    Mordo. He's got what could be a strong kit if it wasn't for absolutely atrociously puny values. Same for Fixit.

Mr. Sinister as well. How many champions are immune to reverse controls, heal reversal, concussion, block unlockable attacks, reflect debuffs and pause debuffs on demand on top of having sick animations? So much utility made useless by tiny attack values
    That's part of the trepidation in balancing. When you have that much utility, you run the risk of making them too OP of you add too high a value.
  • Options
    GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★

Chikel said:

That's part of the trepidation in balancing. When you have that much utility, you run the risk of making them too OP of you add too high a value.
    I hear you. Honesty though, even at max sig his ramp up is more painful than airwalker and far less feasible in higher difficulty story mode, with significantly less payoff.
  • Options
    Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    edited June 2021
    Oh ok your right they did go down but still think the 3 cruelty cost will make it much more usable he will be very safe to play once u get to the first 3 if he’s awakened. I think that alone will help him more than the small furies. The s3 playstyle will still be the way to go for damage.

I know he was always on my radar for r2 cause he’s so damn fun, I’m at a point where that’s how I keep the game interesting, ranking up fun champs. My roster can basically already counter anything as I’ve got all content 100%. Fun rank ups to run through side quests and the occasional lanes keeps the game fresh, ronin is a crazy fun champ.