**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hyperion Players: What is your experience using a non awakened vs awakened Hyp?

MCOC_JCMMCOC_JCM Posts: 169
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Is he still beyond god tier and worth ranking up to r5 (5*) even if not awakened?

Hyperion Players: What is your experience using a non awakened vs awakened Hyp? 80 votes

Yes, even not awakened he is beyond god tier and worth taking to r5
25%
Mr_PlatypusAspenKamikaze_TurtleRacs0AKTEKRahultripathiAdvJimmyBMUSTAFAKİNGWOLFMorpheus_123AstoundsMaratoxGlorfindelPastorAmericaMasterpuffwalkerdogJr_StarkFTPAllDayChaosMax1012Thebombsquad1 20 votes
Not awakened he is still really good, and possibly worth taking to r5
35%
BigPoppaCBONEJadedphillgreenNojokejaymAckbar67Malreck04Wine_LoverKobi_Bhediya1ZeezoosHera1d_of_Ga1actusLegionnaireKillswitch01Thoye3EdeuinkErcarretIronGladiator22JohnyBoyErik_Killmonger1001Agent_X_zzzEthereality 28 votes
Not awakened he is good, but not worth taking to r5 until he is awakened
31%
TheManMythLegendLvernon15Hammerbro_64RasiloverGoddessIliasOmniBlueEtjamaMobile_P0tat0ragnarok_947Superfighter101ChriissRThicco_ModeUvoginIcy000RenaxqqDawsManVictorVonDoom568Gr8TonyStarkCrcrcrcthewass1980 25 votes
Not awakened he is just average...only good when he is awakened
8%
zuffyH3t3rBerjibsTheBair123BlackTuranmagnus_xixSwin_man 7 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options

His sig scales terribly and only needs 1 point. Luckily, he's still pretty good without it. I'd rank up an unawakened 6 star Hyperion

His sig scales terribly and only needs 1 point. Luckily, he's still pretty good without it. I'd rank up an unawakened 6 star Hyperion

Thanks for your insight! Would you rank up an unawakened 5*?
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    You can’t really stack more than 3 furies at a time unawakened. Also his power gain is significantly reduced, which makes it harder to keep up a loop, or sp1 spam. I took mine to R5 unawakened and never really used him until I awakened him
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    He’s worth taking up, but definitely awaken whenever possible. He dosnt really need any sigs, but bringing him up to sig 20 isn’t a bad idea. I awakened him using a cosmic ag and then used 19 cosmic sig stones. But you don’t need the 19 levels
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    He’s worth taking up now. Eventually you’ll awaken him and enjoy the benefits but I wouldn’t hesitate taking him to r5 unawakened.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Where’s the “Wish I had him :/” option
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Although I strongly feel with the rest of the cosmic champions hype not awakened may not be r5 worthy.

He was definitely before the corvus/cmm/GCR of the game existed. But now I’d probably wait to get him awakened and rank 5. If we disregard the rest of the cosmics, then he’s definitely worth r5 unduped.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I personally felt the great amount of changes in him, and my playstyle with him being awakened. Like mentioned above, increased buff duration helps you to maintain those furies better, and kinda compensate for his RNG dependent stun, incinerates and crits.

Don't get me wrong. I took more than 300-400 hits with an unawakened one to finish cap marvel in ROL.
    The awakening brought it down to like 200-ish hits.... Those furies do have big impacts.

I won't take an unawakened one to rank 5, but if you're sure of awakening him sooner, then why not?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Where’s the option of “he’s worth r5 unawakened, but he’s much, much better when awakened”?
  • Options

Where’s the option of “he’s worth r5 unawakened, but he’s much, much better when awakened”?

Yes, that should have been an option! 😀 Did you notice a big jump when 1) you took him from r4 to r5 2) when you awakened him 3) his sig level hit a certain level
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It makes a very significant difference, and the sig scaling is great, no stones needed
  • Options
    MCOC_JCM said:

Yes, that should have been an option! 😀 Did you notice a big jump when 1) you took him from r4 to r5 2) when you awakened him 3) his sig level hit a certain level
    I did see the changes coming from the awakening, and as far as his ability reads, I think sig 20 is quite enough, changes are not much drastic after that. But if you can afford it, why not?

( I haven't taken him to rank 5 yet).
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    My experience? Night and day.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the votes and comments! Great info for anyone thinking of taking an unawakened Hyperion to r5. I have been using him more and just can’t get the damage from him at r4, so instead leaning towards awakening my r3 5* Colossus and focusing on taking him to r5 instead. Once I awaken Hyp, then he can go to r5 next.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    Definitely awaken if possible. The extra duration lets you Hail Mary L2 stun lock and keep your furies up long enough to where you don’t need to be doing furies all the time.

I’ve had unduped r4 for a very long time and he’s good but not absolutely crazy, but duped he gets so much more breathing room and fluidity. Worth a generic imo

Edit: and for the record, he only needs 20 sigs. sig1 is +65% duration, sig20 is +70% duration, sig200 is +75% duration, and his prestige sucks so there really isn’t a big reason to go anywhere above 20
  • Options

Definitely awaken if possible. The extra duration lets you Hail Mary L2 stun lock and keep your furies up long enough to where you don’t need to be doing furies all the time.

I’ve had unduped r4 for a very long time and he’s good but not absolutely crazy, but duped he gets so much more breathing room and fluidity. Worth a generic imo

Edit: and for the record, he only needs 20 sigs. sig1 is +65% duration, sig20 is +70% duration, sig200 is +75% duration, and his prestige sucks so there really isn’t a big reason to go anywhere above 20

Thanks for the insight! So do you think it makes more sense to keep Hyp at r4 until he is awakened and instead focus on taking awakened Colossus to r5?
  • Options
    MCOC_JCM said:

Thanks for the insight! So do you think it makes more sense to keep Hyp at r4 until he is awakened and instead focus on taking awakened Colossus to r5?
    Yup. I think that's more practical. Colossus is a great candidate too anyways...