**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When did you start focusing more on 6* featured as opposed to basic?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I go for the crystal that has the champion I want. For example, right now I'm crazy about prof x, so I onnly open basics, but I also want Shang chi so I'll be opening a lot of the new featured.

That's just me and I think I can do this since I have 103 6* champs, 14 at r3 and I think that I have ALL the "god tier" champs either as 5* r5 or 6* r2 or r3, so for me it's just going for the champ I want.

For smallest rosters I think the best option is going for basics at least until you have a good amount of "god tier" champs which allows you to complete every content as easy as possible.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Depends on my odds. If the featured has banger champs that I badly want, who don't need awakening, I am in for it. However since most new champs either sucked in a way or needed awakening, I haven't bought a feat in eons
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I've only ever gone for the feature that had cgr in... Didn't get him.

Got him from a basic though. So yeh I'll stick to basics.

I'd advise going for featured if it's a champ you really really want
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    When you’re at the stage that you’ve got a decent amount of the top tier champions at 6* then it’s worth considering the featured 6* crystal. It’s still a huge investment to drop that extra 50% on a potential dud.

It also depends on the rest of your roster - if have you moved beyond 5* and are now targeting specific champions then sure, go for it, but otherwise stick with basics. Even with ~70 6*, of whom 10 are R3 it’s still a pretty big consideration for me.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Still basic. I am at the point if the featured has the right balance of champs I want I may focus on that for a rotation but the current one does not.
  • Options
    WolverDominatorWolverDominator Posts: 132
    I still don’t.
    33 6* with below than average value.
    Stats say I’ve 44% chance for godtier draw with 2 features while 75% with 3 basic (both 30k shards)
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    I'd rather have many 6* than one featured. Every two featured 6* I attempt means I have one less opportunity for a 6*.
    Act 7 shows Kabam is telling us to use 6* for an exclusive bonus.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Yeah it really depends on who's in the featured. After the Apoc 6* featured I went back to basics. I've already decided that if Nick or Aegon makes an appearance in one again I'll go for it but otherwise I'll probably stick to basics. Although Shang Chi should be in this next one right? That's also a potential reason.

This is what I did.

Next rotation depends on a lot of things...Shang Chi would be great, but the featured champs with him are mostly mediocre. If the crystal includes the newly buffed Bishop, Ronin, etc. I’d need a few more solid champs to persuade me to go featured.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Thinking about next 6* featured...is it Mangog, Odin, Mr. N, Shang Chi, Purgatory and Overseer? Then possibly Ultron, WM, Diablo, Bishop, Ronin?

That doesn’t tempt me if so...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Thinking about next 6* featured...is it Mangog, Odin, Mr. N, Shang Chi, Purgatory and Overseer? Then possibly Ultron, WM, Diablo, Bishop, Ronin?

Dr. Zola

I don't think Purgatory and Overseer are in it. But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Jabari, silver centurion, mangog, Odin ,Mr N, Shang-Chi.
    Whether it's worth is more dependant on the non-featured champs imo
  • Options
    edited June 2021

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yes...forgot about Jabari and SC! Knew I was missing a month somewhere. Still not super enticing, but Jabari is spicy.

Maybe they throw someone like Claire in to liven it up 😂

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Yes...forgot about Jabari and SC! Knew I was missing a month somewhere. Still not super enticing, but Jabari is spicy.

Maybe they throw someone like Claire in to liven it up 😂

Dr. Zola
    I'm kind of expecting warlock for some reason, it's been a while since he was in one. Guilly99 who was in the same initial featured as him has already shown up again
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    60+ 6* champs here, I have yet to open a single 6* feature crystal. Those extra shards could have been put towards another basic, and basic has plenty of amazing champs in it.
    However, I do have the Summoner's Sigil, and when that is available I do get the 5* feature on each cooldown (every 2 weeks I believe). Could get the feature 6* from the sigil store for 2k shards saved, but thats still 30% of another 6* basic you would have had. I suppose if the 6* feature had a champ that would really help fill a gap in your roster, might be worth considering. I just haven't made that switch over yet.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I have 122 6* champs and almost never go featured. 15K 6* shards are way too much for it to be worth it. I've done a few sigil for 13K but still not many.