**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's.. have a proper discussion about the AI

SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
Am I going crazy or does the AI know how to "shallow evade" and intercept thereafter? They also do this with specials. Also sometimes they just run at you and if you dash in you either get parried or intercepted? But mostly I've seen the shallow evade way more this month than before. Anyone have similar experiences?

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Kabam is just paving their way to slow death. With things like relics/boosters coming into the game, it will be heavily unbalanced for new players to even compete on a massive scale without spending cash, unless of course those items remain restrcited to Story Content which I think will be the case. The AI is getting too aggressive to the point that it literally freezes the game so that you cannot comprehend its next move(this part is satire but get my point guys). My biggest concern is the economy of the game. With rank 4 6 stars soon coming into the game, its gonna set a lot of players off gradually coz r4 6stars means 7 stars? come into the game sooner(unless relics do replace them in some way and 6 stars remain the cut off). The game has gone way off road from what it started as to be. I have been playing for like 4 years now, never before I "needed" to join the forums to know whats up with my game and why the hell is it getting worse for. A lot of us older players don't appreciate Kabam being greedy in all the wrong ways that they are acting like its a last time cash grab with the game. The focus of the economy has changed from Champions to Rank up resources, Sig stones and the likes. This is why we no longer see absolute beasts like Doom or Apoc or CGR. The last few months more like half a year, we have seen absolute garbage for new champions, the only way we are getting better champs are via buffs of older champions. We have seen a massive decline in Sig stone availability and tons of deals regarding Rank Up resources. The game has grown to be too much of a grind in a way that none of the grindable content is fun anymore.

We don't know anything about relics yet so I wouldn't talk about it. Let's hope it doesn't go down that path.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Shallow evade, light intercept, special intercept, chasing you when you dash back, parry when you are very close. You name it. It's like Dave joined kabam and taught everything to the ai.😂

They definitely know how to "side step". 🙂
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Shallow evade, light intercept, special intercept, chasing you when you dash back, parry when you are very close. You name it. It's like Dave joined kabam and taught everything to the ai.😂

LOLOLOL!!
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Would really appreciate any response by the mods. If they've changed it or not, or if they're looking into it. Just acknowledgement because this is not the first thread to have been created on this issue.
  • Options
    LORDSPOOKY66LORDSPOOKY66 Posts: 293 ★★

I also noticed that the AI also behaves differently based on the node. For example, the purgatory boss in the sq has the node that gains power when you hold block. She kept turtling up hard in the corner and gain power when in the eq she’s very aggressive

I had a very different reaction, she didn't get a single bar of power she would hold block for a frame then let go or dash at me

• Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

Would really appreciate any response by the mods. If they've changed it or not, or if they're looking into it. Just acknowledgement because this is not the first thread to have been created on this issue.

I don’t think there’s any question that game devs constantly improve the AI, I think that’s a good thing, it stops the game from going stale as long as they do it right, and I think they have
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★

Am I going crazy or does the AI know how to "shallow evade" and intercept thereafter? They also do this with specials. Also sometimes they just run at you and if you dash in you either get parried or intercepted? But mostly I've seen the shallow evade way more this month than before. Anyone have similar experiences?

I’ve noticed a lot more shallow evading, light and special intercepts by the AI.

Haven’t noticed this in war but I tend to take zero risks in my war fights so maybe that’s why.
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Welcome to the monthly "AI is ridiculous" thread, this time with 45% more dev reaction, making it a whole 0.

Was doing variant today and noticed I don't get parries. On closer inspection I observed the defender running to me and making a stop for like 0,1s or less and only hitting after that, so it counts as a regular block.

Go ahead, blame this one on input lag.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,025 ★★★★★

Kabam is just paving their way to slow death. With things like relics/boosters coming into the game, it will be heavily unbalanced for new players to even compete on a massive scale without spending cash, unless of course those items remain restrcited to Story Content which I think will be the case. The AI is getting too aggressive to the point that it literally freezes the game so that you cannot comprehend its next move(this part is satire but get my point guys). My biggest concern is the economy of the game. With rank 4 6 stars soon coming into the game, its gonna set a lot of players off gradually coz r4 6stars means 7 stars? come into the game sooner(unless relics do replace them in some way and 6 stars remain the cut off). The game has gone way off road from what it started as to be. I have been playing for like 4 years now, never before I "needed" to join the forums to know whats up with my game and why the hell is it getting worse for. A lot of us older players don't appreciate Kabam being greedy in all the wrong ways that they are acting like its a last time cash grab with the game. The focus of the economy has changed from Champions to Rank up resources, Sig stones and the likes. This is why we no longer see absolute beasts like Doom or Apoc or CGR. The last few months more like half a year, we have seen absolute garbage for new champions, the only way we are getting better champs are via buffs of older champions. We have seen a massive decline in Sig stone availability and tons of deals regarding Rank Up resources. The game has grown to be too much of a grind in a way that none of the grindable content is fun anymore.

Walmart has a pretty large stock of tinfoil if you need to get some more after this post.
  • Options
    MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64
    Zenn_La said:

One thing I’ve noticed in the past few months is the AI hitting through a solid block or somehow cheap shot anticipating when I hit block and getting combos in when I should have a solid block. I’m Thronebreaker so I’m not a noob and have decent skills but this seems to have gotten really bad recently and I noticed it about 6 months ago maybe. I do play with my index fingers and not my thumbs so not sure if that affects the controls. I’ve also noticed my character freezing up occasionally when I go to throw a heavy. The heavy doesnt throw, my character stands there and I have to quickly recover into a combo or get beat down by the AI. Also notice the AI likes to play the clock more with throwing specials/power gains and going from standby to super aggressive.

I got exactly same, since new Aio was introduced, I Don't really like those situation when I play well and go to heavy or even special and my character freezing. This is going to far, and it not suppose to happen.
    Old AI was bad, but the new is even worst.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Is it April 2019 again?

And ofc there was "never" a speed up for the AI so they can do stuff like this:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268787/never-phase-more-than-1-hit-with-ghost-in-war#latest

The AI never changed. Just our imagination