**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

NERF SOP MYSTERIO

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

*inserts two cents no one cares about*

I've done the fight with minimal difficulty using Claire Voyant but I agree with the creator of the thread. When you severely limit the champion pool it becomes less about skill and more about stress. I think they miss the mark on making things accessible and difficult more often than not. Sometimes they seem to get it .. other times it's like let's see what end game players say now while forgetting about the other 98% of the game's population lol

Still ... I've done the fight and I too think the way it is isn't really about skill but more so very specific champs. I mean it can "technically" be a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG slog with any champ but why introduce the stress of that in a so far fun event just to prove some point to end game players.

How is it champ specific when there are more than 15 champs that can inflict poison? And it was even made more roster encompassing than A6 by introducing a node that armor breaks him when you use a special on top of a node that gives him (and indirectly you) more power to throw specials?
    well those 15 or so champs (really?? there's actually 15?? lol) ... that makes up less than a 2% of the champion pool doesn't it?? thus making it pretty specific lol

as i mentioned though .. you can "technically" do it with any champ .. even the ones that don't do poison if you want to sit through a 1000 hit win :|

i just think the point of these things is to make it difficult but not restrictive ... and keep in mind .. i've done it so I'm not on the side of those who can't finish it ... just saying I can certainly understand their frustration.
    15/150 is 10%. 15/200 is 7.5%. Specific?
    yep that's a pretty specific subset of champs that match well ... 7.5-10% of the available champs i'd say that's very specific.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

xNig said:

*inserts two cents no one cares about*

I've done the fight with minimal difficulty using Claire Voyant but I agree with the creator of the thread. When you severely limit the champion pool it becomes less about skill and more about stress. I think they miss the mark on making things accessible and difficult more often than not. Sometimes they seem to get it .. other times it's like let's see what end game players say now while forgetting about the other 98% of the game's population lol

Still ... I've done the fight and I too think the way it is isn't really about skill but more so very specific champs. I mean it can "technically" be a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG slog with any champ but why introduce the stress of that in a so far fun event just to prove some point to end game players.

How is it champ specific when there are more than 15 champs that can inflict poison? And it was even made more roster encompassing than A6 by introducing a node that armor breaks him when you use a special on top of a node that gives him (and indirectly you) more power to throw specials?
    well those 15 or so champs (really?? there's actually 15?? lol) ... that makes up less than a 2% of the champion pool doesn't it?? thus making it pretty specific lol

Damn for a sec I thought I fell into a coma, didn't realise there were 750 champs in the game

• Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

Already seen people one-shot him with groot. Shouldn't be an issue really

I think you're talking about king groot? If not, please link the video or stop being a troll.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I might just skip this fight on the virtue of hating Mysterio, lmao.

I dunno. I'll give it a shot when Diablo buff comes, I just wish I knew how his sig scaled so I know whether I should use the unduped 6*, or awaken and sig up the 5*.

Dang expiring sigstones. I thought I was opening 4* sig crystals, RIP.

Anyways, the other chance I have is Voodoo, but he's r4. I'd rather wait to see how Diablo does before I r5 another poison dealer.

I also have Ibom, but at 5r2, with science t4cc being the only one not in overflow. Again, rip.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Ooof, i expected this fight to be in SoP, just not this early. Hate fighting mysterio, time to buckle up and endure the fight, haha. I hope im better at fighting this fishbowl at the end of this challenge.

I’m actually celebrating that it’s this week rather than anytime after.

(Think about clearing this fight with a 4* as a special objective….)
    Looking forward to no retreat pre nerf the champion with the MSD and Swedeah challenges (aka, 2 star she hulk and 3 star Kamala).
    Something more fun will be like “Defeat No Retreat Champion with a 4* without triggering No Retreat”.
    Don't worry. Just use IHulk. Remember, Prof Hoff proved to everyone he's immune to no retreat.
    It’s from Prof? Damn it’s gotta be real then.
    Just like that terrible terrible bug where omega doesn’t start with death field from suicides if you have nick and dpx on the team, can’t believe that very clear and obvious bug isn’t pathched yet (yeah he actually made a vid on this, it was deleted pretty quick though)
    Bruh that was my favorite video from Prof, sad
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Ooof, i expected this fight to be in SoP, just not this early. Hate fighting mysterio, time to buckle up and endure the fight, haha. I hope im better at fighting this fishbowl at the end of this challenge.

Looking forward to no retreat pre nerf the champion with the MSD and Swedeah challenges (aka, 2 star she hulk and 3 star Kamala).
    Something more fun will be like “Defeat No Retreat Champion with a 4* without triggering No Retreat”.
    Don't worry. Just use IHulk. Remember, Prof Hoff proved to everyone he's immune to no retreat.
    Just like that terrible terrible bug where omega doesn’t start with death field from suicides if you have nick and dpx on the team, can’t believe that very clear and obvious bug isn’t pathched yet (yeah he actually made a vid on this, it was deleted pretty quick though)
    Please tell me you’re joking. That’s actually more sad than funny.

HeY KabLaM whY cANt mY ReD GuarDiAn BeAt BufFed uP
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,443 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

Sad part is that IHulk video is still up.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

This is supposed to be some of the hardest content ever released in the game.

There are 7 days available to do one fight - there's more than enough time to grind dozens of revives and potions, and get through the 1 fight with a less than ideal counter completely for free if that's the only option you have.

That being said, there are a bunch of counters that just about everyone has - Magneto being one of them.

did you try with magneto during your stream? i heard you say that you got him down to about 85% with 2 sp3s and then quit out when you still had 60% health, but I can't find the video for it
  • Options

This is supposed to be some of the hardest content ever released in the game.

There are 7 days available to do one fight - there's more than enough time to grind dozens of revives and potions, and get through the 1 fight with a less than ideal counter completely for free if that's the only option you have.

That being said, there are a bunch of counters that just about everyone has - Magneto being one of them.

@Karatemike415 did you do it with Mags on live stream? I have a R3 mags as well but didn't think he'd work for it. I'd like to see how you used him.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

It's kinda wholesome in a funny way imo. The dude is absolutely clueless lol.

I mean whichever way you look at it he's got 50k subs, and probably makes a decent amount for watching other people's line videos with a voice over. Personally I respect the hustle.
  • Options
    @TheBair123 @Demonzfyre I tried it once on stream, takes a while - got bored, quit out haha
    Tried again off-stream, same results.

Point being - he's definitely an option with a few revives... and a champion that just about everyone has.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    You haven’t even finished 6.3. Don’t even talk to me about your roster. Maybe you should go play the game some more.
  • Options

@ TheBair123 @ Demonzfyre I tried it once on stream, takes a while - got bored, quit out haha

Point being - he's definitely an option with a few revives... and a champion that just about everyone has.

thanks for the info. i'll go for at least 50% later and hopefully get a good video with my r2
  • Options

@ TheBair123 @ Demonzfyre I tried it once on stream, takes a while - got bored, quit out haha

Absolutely true. Heck, I bullied my way through it with Apoc.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Lvernon15 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Ebony_Naw said:

xNig said:

It's kinda wholesome in a funny way imo. The dude is absolutely clueless lol.

I mean whichever way you look at it he's got 50k subs, and probably makes a decent amount for watching other people's line videos with a voice over. Personally I respect the hustle.
    He's literally EA Sports and NCAA game titles.
  • Options

thanks for the info. i'll go for at least 50% later and hopefully get a good video with my r2
    update: i'm too good at this game

via GIPHY

• Options

update: i'm too good at this game

via GIPHY

Lol. I do that with his heavies too often.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

I might just skip this fight on the virtue of hating Mysterio, lmao.

I dunno. I'll give it a shot when Diablo buff comes, I just wish I knew how his sig scaled so I know whether I should use the unduped 6*, or awaken and sig up the 5*.

Dang expiring sigstones. I thought I was opening 4* sig crystals, RIP.

Anyways, the other chance I have is Voodoo, but he's r4. I'd rather wait to see how Diablo does before I r5 another poison dealer.

I also have Ibom, but at 5r2, with science t4cc being the only one not in overflow. Again, rip.

This. Man I hate this mysterio AI. Fires heavy from across the screen for no reason. His animations freeze my phone a lot and the jittery AI nowadays makes his firing heavy worse. Still, keep trying for a week and if not a solo, then atleast a 2 shot will be acceptable for me.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 818 ★★★
    I'm of two minds on this fight. I do feel a lot of people will think it's too niche. However, this is the first SoP fight that I've actually soloed, using iBom of course. Which means palookas like me are going to feel like this fights difficulty is on a sliding scale. It's a fairly easy fight with iBom, difficult with some others, but could become trivially easy for all if it were changed even slightly.

Woulda been real evil if Mysterio had been stun immune. Hardest part was dancing around and parrying while reflection was active without getting cornered.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★

Can you define "not a lot of good champs that can deal poison". What's not a lot to you?

Sure thing. The most recent list of poison-dealing champs I can find is this one from January of this year. I don't know if anything has changed in the last 6 months.

It lists 15 champs (well, 16, but Howard no longer deals poison after his buff, I think), out of which I would say around half a dozen are good enough to have ranked up at a 5 or 6* level. Immortal Abomination, Claire, Archangel, Apocalypse, Doctor Voodoo, and Mysterio himself. I guess Scarlet Witch is a 5* now as well, so let's count her in too. I don't know when the Diablo buff comes, but I think it's after this round of SOP, right? So I won't count him in as a decent/presumably ranked-up option.

It won't be a problem for me personally since I still have several of those champs, but it doesn't negate my disdain for those types of nodes where you restrict most champs' attack to near-unusability. That's just not my cup of tea, challenge-wise.

That said, I in no way support the idea of nerfing the boss. He is what he is and I see no particular reason to change him, even if I might voice my slight displeasure at certain things. But if I'm not good enough to beat him, there'll be more chances of beating future bosses. No sweat.
  • Options
    NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    have you perhaps tried playing better
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    MojoHater said:

I'm not asking for this boss to be nerfed cuz that would incur disadvantages for all those who spent units on him
    All I'm saying is... pls make the next ones more skill based rather than roster-specific

If you have enough skill, a very wide range of roster will do. The main roster bottleneck is acid wash which doesn't preclude using champs, it just makes the fight a whole lot longer. A high enough degree of sustained skill can get past that.

It is important to remember this is a progression based game. This is not a juggling competition. Progress in this game is a function of player skill, player knowledge, and player roster. All three are considered equally important and equally valued. A larger roster can get away with less skill. A large skill level can get away with a smaller roster. The hardest difficulty in the game will require both. Expect the hardest content in the game to challenge all three.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Please don't nerf anything. This 6.3.5- acid wash mysterio hybrid is fine. Keep this challenge so that we can expand our skillset and rosters