**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Strategy for Taking Down SOP Mysterio (King Groot)

TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Currently, my 6* King Groot is r1 and awakened. I chucked on a few generic boosters (health boost, attack boost, etc.) and dove in. The fight in itself isn’t particularly hard, it’s the repetitiveness that makes it a drag. My main strategy was to push Mysterio to his SP1, gain my first bar of power, and land a permanent armor break on him. Due to the acid wash node, hits mean barely anything to Mysterio with damage reflect, so I have no problem using specials on him or hitting into him to push him to another bar of power while damage reflect is active. Push Mysterio to his SP1, gain bar of power, push Mysterio to SP1 again (just ignoring damage reflect). Now you’re at your second bar of power. Fire it off, set the poisons on him, and dive in. The only thing to watch out for is if Mysterio fires his SP1 with poison on him. Hitting into damage reflect will actually matter with damage reflect on, so don’t do that. I ended up using two revives to take Mysterio down, and overall the fight took around 400 hits. Once again, it’s more about memorizing a pattern than skill. Once you have the pattern down, it should be easy, if slow. Hope this guide helps!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021
    That's a really good point.

Guess I know what I'm doing next Level Up Event...

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    My strategy was just pain. Pain during the summer. That was it.
  • SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 493 ★★★
    He wont convert the fury to a permanent armor break.
    No idea why, it just doesnt work