Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Am I Crazy?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,019 ★★★
edited July 7 in Strategy and Tips
I’m still ranking up 5 stars to Rank 5 - some just because I may never pull them as a 6 Star (for example, I just pulled a 5 Star Corvus after almost 5 years of playing). It’s a game but I know these are valuable resources. I’m just getting to the point where it’s difficult to sit on all of these catalysts and pull useless 6 Star after useless 6 star (I don’t grind arena). I’m a minimal spender and while I don’t necessarily need any 5 stars at Rank 5, I just feel a Rank 5 Namor or Moleman would be more valuable (or just fun) than a Rank 2 6 star Groot (or the equivalent of most of my 6 star roster which is pretty extensive but un-useable for my remaining content to finish).

So… am I crazy for still ranking up 5 stars?

Here’s my progression level:

Thronebreaker level

3 6 stars at Rank 3
Almost 40 6 stars with relatively no use

31 5 stars at Rank 5

Only content remaining:

Abyss (full)
Act 6.2, 6.4, 7.2 (exploration)
Labyrinth (exploration)

Am I Crazy? 69 votes

You’re crazy - be patient and just wait for good 6 stars
8%
CristalmanDrake2078Param1988Spiderkiller69KablRaj001 6 votes
You’re sane - 6 stars are still more difficult to come by and you can’t sit on resources forever - it’s a game
91%
BadroseLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterzuffyKDoggg2017PsychoakumaTheVyrusMityAntKennado16wegnerkLilMaddogHTAdvMalreck04JuggerNotReverend_RuckusCr7ms7rs7Avengers320ItsDamienKill_GreyHavanaknight 63 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 17
    edited July 6
    I have 59 6 stars, 3 at rank 3 and 6 at rank 2. Only about 15 5 stars at rank 5.
    I can confidently say that that covers any potential match up and I have no need for rank ups.
    Meaning I have plenty of resources. As a result and after countless rubbish pulls, I can now immediately rank 3 Captain Marvel, which I just pulled.
    If pushed by expiring resources I’d still rank up a mid 6*. With the chapter 7 buff might be alright. Each to their own though.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 297 ★★★
    I won't rank 5 stars unless I have expiring, useful materials. Which at the moment, is not happening because I'm pulling more good 6 stars than I can rank up. Obviously your luck may differ.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 658 ★★★
    At this point I think that 5 stars aren't a good investement unlses it's a champ who actually needs to be sig 200 like namor and it'd be almost impossible to get a 6 stars that high.

Otherwise I think that the smartest thing is ranking up 6 stars, as for not having too man options I think that right jnow 6 stars shards are really easy to get.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,019 ★★★
    Gildenlow said:

At this point I think that 5 stars aren't a good investement unlses it's a champ who actually needs to be sig 200 like namor and it'd be almost impossible to get a 6 stars that high.

Otherwise I think that the smartest thing is ranking up 6 stars, as for not having too man options I think that right jnow 6 stars shards are really easy to get.

It still takes me about a month to get a six star crystal. It’s just so tough waiting around forever. It really saps my enjoyment when I can’t get champions for years.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 4,347 ★★★★★
    edited July 6
    You’re sane - 6 stars are still more difficult to come by and you can’t sit on resources forever - it’s a game
    Anyone who thinks that 5*s won't be relevant for the next year are the ones who are truly insane. Yes, it'll take longer than using 6*s, but a fully boosted R5 5* has almost the same attack and health as an unboosted R3 6* currently. The difference is tiny.

Edit: R3 6* unboosted, for comparison. Obviously a R3 6* boosted is closer to what a R4 6* unboosted is.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 767 ★★★
    edited July 6
    You’re crazy - be patient and just wait for good 6 stars
    R5 5*'s that need to be awakened to be really good.
    If your able to, sit on some Tier5 basics for a *6 that doesn't need to be awakened to good.
    For my that 6* was BWCV
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,843 ★★★★★
    edited July 6
    There only reason I'd R5 a 5* now is
    1. There Sig needs to be max to gain useful utility. Ie namor, void, Angela etc etc

2. I just like them and don't have the 6*

I've gotten to the point where I have far to much t5b and not enough t2a so it makes more sense for me to take a 6* to R2. I've had to take up multiple recently because of the constant overflow. Even after taking cgr from r1-3 I'm still at t5b cap with 1, nearly 2 in overflow.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 752 ★★★
    I have so many crappy 6* champions that I'm forced to rank up 5* only.
  • NockoNocko Posts: 685 ★★★
    im not doing a ton of 5* rank ups at the moment but where i have lacking utility ill do it
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 767 ★★★
    Nocko said:

im not doing a ton of 5* rank ups at the moment but where i have lacking utility ill do it

Bingo. Ask anyone that has reached a certain threshold in the game and they'll tell you the same.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    The only 5 stars I still rank up are ones that need sig 200 or very high sig (Namor, Angela etc) or ones that I am using for a specific piece of content like abyss, war, etc.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 767 ★★★
    .....As for me, I have zero qualms ranking a 5 star to 5/65 200 these days IF they meet the criteria for a rank up. And no. Big Yellow Numbers isn't that criteria. Matter of fact, BYNs is the last thing I look for in a champ.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

This is basically me.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    How did you get TB then lol
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    Was a while ago. Elsa was by far my best 6*, and I was lucky enough to form a skill cc.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    Was a while ago. Elsa was by far my best 6*, and I was lucky enough to form a skill cc.
    Ya I was just joking :)