**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I Crazy?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’m still ranking up 5 stars to Rank 5 - some just because I may never pull them as a 6 Star (for example, I just pulled a 5 Star Corvus after almost 5 years of playing). It’s a game but I know these are valuable resources. I’m just getting to the point where it’s difficult to sit on all of these catalysts and pull useless 6 Star after useless 6 star (I don’t grind arena). I’m a minimal spender and while I don’t necessarily need any 5 stars at Rank 5, I just feel a Rank 5 Namor or Moleman would be more valuable (or just fun) than a Rank 2 6 star Groot (or the equivalent of most of my 6 star roster which is pretty extensive but un-useable for my remaining content to finish).

So… am I crazy for still ranking up 5 stars?

Here’s my progression level:

Thronebreaker level

3 6 stars at Rank 3
Almost 40 6 stars with relatively no use

31 5 stars at Rank 5

Only content remaining:

Abyss (full)
Act 6.2, 6.4, 7.2 (exploration)
Labyrinth (exploration)

Am I Crazy? 69 votes

You’re crazy - be patient and just wait for good 6 stars
8%
CristalmanDrake2078Param1988Spiderkiller69KablRaj001 6 votes
You’re sane - 6 stars are still more difficult to come by and you can’t sit on resources forever - it’s a game
91%
BadroseLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterzuffyKDoggg2017PsychoakumaTheVyrusMityAntKennado16wegnerkLilMaddogHTAdvMalreck04JuggerNotReverend_RuckusCr7ms7rs7Avengers320ItsDamienKill_GreyHavanaknight 63 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I have 59 6 stars, 3 at rank 3 and 6 at rank 2. Only about 15 5 stars at rank 5.
    I can confidently say that that covers any potential match up and I have no need for rank ups.
    Meaning I have plenty of resources. As a result and after countless rubbish pulls, I can now immediately rank 3 Captain Marvel, which I just pulled.
    If pushed by expiring resources I’d still rank up a mid 6*. With the chapter 7 buff might be alright. Each to their own though.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    I won't rank 5 stars unless I have expiring, useful materials. Which at the moment, is not happening because I'm pulling more good 6 stars than I can rank up. Obviously your luck may differ.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    At this point I think that 5 stars aren't a good investement unlses it's a champ who actually needs to be sig 200 like namor and it'd be almost impossible to get a 6 stars that high.

Otherwise I think that the smartest thing is ranking up 6 stars, as for not having too man options I think that right jnow 6 stars shards are really easy to get.
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Gildenlow said:

At this point I think that 5 stars aren't a good investement unlses it's a champ who actually needs to be sig 200 like namor and it'd be almost impossible to get a 6 stars that high.

Otherwise I think that the smartest thing is ranking up 6 stars, as for not having too man options I think that right jnow 6 stars shards are really easy to get.

It still takes me about a month to get a six star crystal. It’s just so tough waiting around forever. It really saps my enjoyment when I can’t get champions for years.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    You’re sane - 6 stars are still more difficult to come by and you can’t sit on resources forever - it’s a game
    Anyone who thinks that 5*s won't be relevant for the next year are the ones who are truly insane. Yes, it'll take longer than using 6*s, but a fully boosted R5 5* has almost the same attack and health as an unboosted R3 6* currently. The difference is tiny.

Edit: R3 6* unboosted, for comparison. Obviously a R3 6* boosted is closer to what a R4 6* unboosted is.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    You’re crazy - be patient and just wait for good 6 stars
    R5 5*'s that need to be awakened to be really good.
    If your able to, sit on some Tier5 basics for a *6 that doesn't need to be awakened to good.
    For my that 6* was BWCV
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    There only reason I'd R5 a 5* now is
    1. There Sig needs to be max to gain useful utility. Ie namor, void, Angela etc etc

2. I just like them and don't have the 6*

I've gotten to the point where I have far to much t5b and not enough t2a so it makes more sense for me to take a 6* to R2. I've had to take up multiple recently because of the constant overflow. Even after taking cgr from r1-3 I'm still at t5b cap with 1, nearly 2 in overflow.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I have so many crappy 6* champions that I'm forced to rank up 5* only.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Nocko said:

im not doing a ton of 5* rank ups at the moment but where i have lacking utility ill do it

Bingo. Ask anyone that has reached a certain threshold in the game and they'll tell you the same.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    The only 5 stars I still rank up are ones that need sig 200 or very high sig (Namor, Angela etc) or ones that I am using for a specific piece of content like abyss, war, etc.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    .....As for me, I have zero qualms ranking a 5 star to 5/65 200 these days IF they meet the criteria for a rank up. And no. Big Yellow Numbers isn't that criteria. Matter of fact, BYNs is the last thing I look for in a champ.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Badrose said:

This is basically me.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    How did you get TB then lol
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    Was a while ago. Elsa was by far my best 6*, and I was lucky enough to form a skill cc.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Badrose said:

This is basically me.
    Was a while ago. Elsa was by far my best 6*, and I was lucky enough to form a skill cc.
    Ya I was just joking :)