**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?
    1) Both parry and dexterity timing has changed. Parry at fight start and throughout fight feels slow to activate, but at the same time, what would normally be a clean evade winds up a parry. My controls feel slower/AI response faster.
    2) Ate a combo. Also parried when I was trying to evade.
    3) Honestly, can’t recall
    4) First time for now. No way I would try to reparry under these conditions.

May want to check with some of the CCP folks and other established community members on this. @RichTheMan , @Agent_X_zzz , Kam

Dr. Zola
    For me it feels rather more of an input drop/delay rather then an actual parry issue itself. I go for the parry/reparry as normal but for some reason it does not register.
    It is hard for me to tell whether it is drop, delay or both. Tested on a mini in the rifts and twice ate a combo at runout I swear I blocked even if I didn’t parry. That felt like input drop.

But at other times, it’s as if the AI medium is accelerated or the window for reacting is slightly misaligned. Parry becomes a block/missed block, dex becomes an unintentional parry.

Dr. Zola
    Same thing as you are describing happening to me, the second part where reacting is misaligned
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    Ricosco said:

Ricosco said:

Forum is terrible for suppling images, goes hand in hand with Kashscams inability to have a functioning game for more than 30% of the month 😳

Dude. You're inability to record, upload to YouTube and post a YouTube link or an image in the forums isn't Kabams fault.
    Dude I don't use YouTube, but do have the ability to record and have a catalogue of BS posted on my twitter for the past year πŸ™„ what's the point when they don't look and don't care?
    Also as you can see I can post Images, the inability to post more than one picture on the one comment is early 2000's social Media level crud and is in line with kashscams customer service team.
    Because Twitter isn't the forums.

You can post more than one image. You have to tap on each image you want to select. It's not hard to do.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Easy to notice the parry issue because it’s the most basic ability so you do it many times through the fight, but like other indicated it’s not only issue… the reaction is much slower / not responding.
    I was trying to intercept a medium with my special attack few times and it didn’t responded.
    I’m running the same quest/fights for few days now and never had any issue until after the update
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    1) Both parry and dexterity timing has changed. Parry at fight start and throughout fight feels slow to activate, but at the same time, what would normally be a clean evade winds up a parry. My controls feel slower/AI response faster.
    2) Ate a combo. Also parried when I was trying to evade.
    3) Honestly, can’t recall
    4) First time for now. No way I would try to reparry under these conditions.

May want to check with some of the CCP folks and other established community members on this. @RichTheMan , @Agent_X_zzz , Kam

Dr. Zola
    For me it feels rather more of an input drop/delay rather then an actual parry issue itself. I go for the parry/reparry as normal but for some reason it does not register.
    It is hard for me to tell whether it is drop, delay or both. Tested on a mini in the rifts and twice ate a combo at runout I swear I blocked even if I didn’t parry. That felt like input drop.

But at other times, it’s as if the AI medium is accelerated or the window for reacting is slightly misaligned. Parry becomes a block/missed block, dex becomes an unintentional parry.

Dr. Zola
    Same thing as you are describing happening to me, the second part where reacting is misaligned
    Just tried it again, I think a perfect description for me is that it is like trying to parry unblockable attacks, I think like a very few frames of the block animation comes out (or none at all) but that's not good enough timing and I get smacked
  • Mattylo2289Mattylo2289 Posts: 3 β˜…
    Please fix ASAP; still need to beat Mysterio in SOP. Worst time to update. Is there a way to undo an update?
  • RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 β˜…β˜…
    kinnell said:

15 hours remaining to do monthly content so I free up my schedule to squeeze it in tonight. Unfortunately, my dumb self forgets that Kabam doesn't seem to have any semblance of a QA team and I update the app on my iPad under the delusion that maybe this is the month that Kabam doesn't release a major bug with the update.

Seriously, guys? I've been playing (and paying) for 6.5 years and this last year has been a joke about how many simple, but annoying bugs make it into production every other month. I'd rather have fewer changes and more stable builds. Is it really that difficult to hire a bunch of interns to click around and do some fights on various devices before your monthly release? Some of these bugs in recent updates are so easy to catch (yet so infuriatingly annoying to us end-users) that it's baffling to me that no one at HQ caught it during UAT.

Can we start a GoFundMe to hire the game a QA team? At this point, I'd even pay $10 a month for no other benefit other than ensuring we don't lose parity in new updates. What's the point in spending on the game if a future update may prevent you from playing the game at all on your own schedule? Fix the SDLC! Oh wait, or was this intentional to force players to spend units from July 4th deals? πŸ€”

And I'm on an Apple 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen on iPadOS 14.6. Parries are not registering in any sort of reliable way and getting hit in the face. It happens on first parries (not reparries). As others have said, the timing window feels adjusted to be sooner. And if not apparent, I'm very frustrated for not being able to play the game (that I'm paying monthly for) on my own schedule and will likely miss out on completing monthly content and rewards as a result.

Wow nail on the head right there, I say this on my twitter about 3 times a day everyday for the past year at least, kabam are atrocious at functional game development, it's like they have great ideas throw it I a blender, spin it up and throw it in our direction without even tasting it, it's fundamental flaws, lag, faulty mechanics, something you experience every single fight, champs abilities not actually doing anything (elsa not coldsnapping rulk, mephisto etc) like I've got hours of horrific footage and they've been tagged in every single post, they just fon

Please fix ASAP; still need to beat Mysterio in SOP. Worst time to update. Is there a way to undo an update?

Just checked on my old iPhone 8 and its leaked over same issues and it's not been updated yet
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I remember when I changed my device from apple to android, I noticed the timing for parry and dex was ever so slightly different. Maybe they changed the timing for ios to match that of android?
  • JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 β˜…β˜…
    I’m guessing that is happening to many people
  • HalasterHalaster Posts: 27 β˜…
    Ipad 8 here, game gone to sh*t.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    iPhone 11, parry not working here either
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hercules doesn't have the perfect parry and dex mechanics. Only Shang Chi does. I've played around with him and I can still get normal parry and dexes.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
      early parry. too early i guess

didn't block at all and get hit

yes my champ was in block position

first time parry

it arrives mainly when you try to parry when your opponent dash in with a medium attack.
    it was quite clear against Stealth Spidy for me.

if you attack in the block and parry a light attack, the parry works but if the opponent dashback and dash in to attack with its medium you're screw !

the problem is the same at the very start of the fight light attack is OK but medium and you take a full combo in the face
  • ImnewbyImnewby Posts: 34 β˜…

Hey everybody,

Hey Miike, just experienced this in 7.1. Was hoping to finish it before EQ. Got frustrated at first but figured I would try and decipher what could be the cause on our end. Used up all my energy, so hope this helps:
    β€’ Seems to fail on the long dash in. When your opponent dashes in from the other side of the arena, it doesn’t parry. And you end up just taking a combo to the face. Seems to only be early parry’s.
    β€’ If the parry failed, you take a couple hits (2-5) right in the face.
    β€’ The character does not hold block. It’s as if the tap isn’t registered. They are just standing with an open gate.
    β€’ This is usually an early parry. Perfect parry and reparry both still.

All of this was on iPhone XS Max running iOS 14.6.
  • ImnewbyImnewby Posts: 34 β˜…
    Imnewby said:

Hey everybody,

Hey Miike, just experienced this in 7.1. Was hoping to finish it before EQ. Got frustrated at first but figured I would try and decipher what could be the cause on our end. Used up all my energy, so hope this helps:
    β€’ Seems to fail on the long dash in. When your opponent dashes in from the other side of the arena, it doesn’t parry. And you end up just taking a combo to the face. Seems to only be early parry’s.
    β€’ If the parry failed, you take a couple hits (2-5) right in the face.
    β€’ The character does not hold block. It’s as if the tap isn’t registered. They are just standing with an open gate.
    β€’ This is usually an early parry. Perfect parry and reparry both still.

All of this was on iPhone XS Max running iOS 14.6.
    It also seems that dexterity is a bit shallow. I was getting clipped by long medium attacks. Not sure if it’s related, but forgot to add it above.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 β˜…β˜…
    Stellar said:

Logan said:

Can we just delay war/aq i don't even care if we get a reward game just makes everyone frustrated in this state.

would prefer to see this bug fixed.
    I agree but these types of bugs seem to persist, I'm not optimistic it will be fixed soon. Glad I was able to finish act 6 yesterday, started 7.2 today with this problem, and it was a pretty miserable time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I wonder if these guys test their game after updates?

So tell me genius, how can they test for this with all the different versions of devices and OS's the game runs on. Because there isn't an issue on my end. I have a LG V60, Android V11 and latest update to the game. So please, with your great wisdom of mobile gaming developmental knowledge, how should Kabam tested for this?
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2021
    if your theory is true, all of shang chi parry and dex now must be registered as perfect. go try it