**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[MERGED] Parry Issue Fix

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Have yet to be able to play since updating. Does Sensei @DorkLessons have anything to advise?
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    I’m also seeing it on medium dashes, but also noticing it on specials.

Also concur that it’s more like the block input doesn’t even register.
  • OsirisAniOsirisAni Posts: 4
    Indeed, I’ve definitely been having this problem since the update as well, and ventured into the forums just to make certain that I’m not simply having a significantly off day.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,260 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Nocko said:

Hey everybody,

Want to confirm that we are investigating this on our end. If you have the time and the answers to the following questions, it could help us find the root of the issue.

• When did parry fail when previously it wouldn't? Was it an early parry? a late parry?
    • What were the effects of parry failing? Did you get hit into the block? did you not block at all and get hit instead?
    • Did you see the character block before you took the hit?
    • Do these parry issues occur when you try to re-parry or the first-time parry?

- Both late and early parry
    - missed parry, took combo
    - Yes, did look like the character was blocking
    - Not on re-parry, just first up parry

Just quit my incursions run because it was unplayable, no chance of hitting the milestones i want with this issue going on.
    Hopefully it's fixed before content drop tomorrow
    I had no problem completing 10 rooms of sector 8 an hour or so ago.
    Are you trying to get banned?
    Why? I'm just commenting my experience.
    No you aren't. You are purposefully antagonizing people and belittling their experience. I am not experiencing what they are either and I have posted a video showing that parry seems to be working just fine for me. That doesn't mean it's not working or something isn't working for others. There are some legit concerns with this as you can see in the few videos that were posted.
    No I'm not. I could say the sky is blue and someone would disagree and get upset. I can't control people's reactions.
    You sure about that?

This is a relevant piece of info for players and Miike. An answer would be helpful.

Dr. Zola
    100% agree with you but I don't think you'll get a relevant answer from him.

I'm running an LG V60, latest game update and android 11. I posted a video earlier and I don't seem to have the issues others are experiencing.
    Agreed. It appears to be a mostly/exclusively iOS issue. Which should give Android players something to cheer about.

Dr. Zola
    I'm on S21+ and my Parry timings are off too. I'm also getting the mid-fight freeze and stutter.
  • Eyedoc1Eyedoc1 Posts: 3
    Been playing arena and definitely something off … actually lost my streak several times because of it … I specifically searched the forums because of this … iOS … agree, to watch the fight it looks you are just a bad fighter and can’t party correctly … ugh … please address ASAP !!
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Kabam ??? Updates here?
  • SpizaetoSpizaeto Posts: 20

Does anybody have any specific instances or examples of this? Videos would also be appreciated!

7.1 paths where you have to parry for power sting i got wrecked during lunch break. Agree with other posters about it seeming to mostly be for “late parry’s”.

• RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

Ricosco said:

Mr_Holl87 said:

I'm just sitting back and reading all these issues with parry after being told for almost TWO YEARS there was no issue with parry timing. And now everyone is having trouble with parry after this update and there's literally no change for me. This is what I've been dealing with.

Now that this is a widespread issue that the majority of players have trouble with, I just hope Kabam will finally take it seriously and actually FIX it and make it a top priority.

Mate I've been harping on about half arsed parrys and dexs for at least 18 months, it works around 40% of the time, I have hours of footage, quakes being randomly heavied during a charging phase, parrying instead of dexing, I've quaked for 5 years and all of a sudden I can't take a spiderman in AQ without taking a few heavies
    Thanks man and same here. About 18 months is roughly the same time frame I've had issues too but Kabam and people in the community didn't want to hear it. Always told me my "timing just sucks" or I need to "get good". When I first acquired the Parry and Dex masteries YEARS AGO, I mastered them literally overnight. They were so easy to figure out and time and they were absolute game changers. But somehow, I just "forgot" how to time those things over night? That's not possible. Even people in the CCP tried telling me these issues didn't exist. I don't even want to sit here and discredit all these players having issues now. I just hope Kabam will finally do something about it and all my harassers will get off my back. But I have no faith either of those things will happen. Lol
    Exactly man either half these 'pro's' are new to it and take the faults as standard or they are sucking off kashscam, the whole RNG rigging to go against what you need, to give whales the best draws etc down to what us players deal with day in day out with lag and glitches dropped parries and non existent dexs, I mailed quake and sparky early game, I had parry turned off and utilised a max dexterity I was untouchable, now 8/10 dexs are parrys and 6/10 parrys are blocks turned 4 hit combos, need to have been playing long enough to see the change
  • MikeFrisbieMikeFrisbie Posts: 25
    I've noticed parries failing a lot after updating to the latest client. I think it's due to the game lagging a lot more. The framerate goes way down, and I think that's messing with the parries registering. I noticed this on a recent iPad.
  • WardrunaWardruna Posts: 29
    Parry definitely off
    Mqc19 said:

Kabam ??? Updates here?

Your joking right? Kabam admitting to anything, I'm eagerly awaiting the device/connection update response

• JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    This is just terrible
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    For what it’s worth, just my opinion after reading this entire thread and testing other people’s thoughts and my own experiences: It feels like a combination of things

1. The parry window feels like it was tightened ever so slightly
    2. AI is definitely more aggressive, especially on “stand up” and “whiffs” — it comes after you

Now, IF that’s the case, obviously, those aren’t bugs (and I actually think a more aggressive AI is good)…but:
    3. Something feels broken/bugged on the medium dashes by the AI. Those feel like there’s some kind of bad interaction where the parry input isn’t registering but it’s not letting you have the block because the parry didn’t register

Again: That’s what I see and have experienced, on iOS, the newest version
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    This is gonna be an EXTREMELY unpopular opinion…yeah. This is gonna be extremely unpopular, but just my opinion:

IF IF IF the parry window has been tightened, it will hurt the game in the short term, because we are all used to it. But at the same time, I think we’re at a point in the game’s history where a conversation might need to be held about whether parrying into stun might be hindering a chunk of the player base as too much of a catch-all to beat content

I don’t want a game of stun immunity or shrugging off debuffs every single second of the day, but when you see how skilled players are still crushing most/all of the hardest content, I wonder what the answer is to make content that is accessible to everyone yet still challenging

If it were me…maybe I would tighten the Parry window

• LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    I was playing incursion, parry and dex are rigged. The only possible problem i can think of is, there timing if completely off.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★

I wonder how Kabam developers and testers are testing app before release.
    Kabam is not able to fix old bugs and introducing new ones after every release.
    It seems the game is beyond repair.
    "Game crashing after few fights" issues have been around since September 2020.

I agree, not much has worked for me since then. I thought it was my device and bought a new one...it wasn't my device. I've been in a sort of limbo ever since. At least parry still worked decently, oh wait!...never mind. Lol
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Mr_Holl87 said:

I'm just sitting back and reading all these issues with parry after being told for almost TWO YEARS there was no issue with parry timing. And now everyone is having trouble with parry after this update and there's literally no change for me. This is what I've been dealing with.

Now that this is a widespread issue that the majority of players have trouble with, I just hope Kabam will finally take it seriously and actually FIX it and make it a top priority.

Amen! I'm sorry it's been that long for you, only since September for me.
    GagoH said:

Why are people only bringing this up now? Parry and dex were bugged and dropped as inputs long before this update.

Every single update am I wrong? Not including lag, freezes, kick outs, I even spent 5 mins trying to get into a war fight last week, crashed and guess what, we lost, I tweeted them.a full 5 mins of 'loading' and was met with silence
    I pulled money from this train wreck a long time ago, I suggest we see how they survive on just champ desperate whales keeping them going

• TaigaMiniTaigaMini Posts: 23
    Running latest update on iphone SE2. Had zero problems before update, fighting in arena, SOP, Act 7 and monthly quest side-quests. Now it's really inconsistent. Initial parries seem okay biggest issue is medium attacks or fighting "faster" opponents. Had a lot of trouble parrying Magik's medium (Cav 3.1) but no issues fighting Antman next fight as I kept it as close as possible. Give em distance more parry fails. Pretty frustrating. And to those saying "get good" or it's bad players, highly unlikely this many players who have cleared hardest content in the game and having been playing for years suddenly can't parry properly. Clearly something has changed since update.