**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which mystic to r5?

Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
I know a lot of people are going to say voodoo so i thought I'd just mention first that I'm not too comfortable with playing voodoo.
I use GR and magik the most of the options listed below

Which mystic to r5? 86 votes

Ghost Rider sig 15
19%
RB6942DeathBringer77GbSarkarTBJ1118TheLazyKingRockandrollinaDvg2782Superman69RotellyAlpha07RCunhaSpiritOfVengeance_ASDF_Mr_mc_person34TurbulentUrFacePandorica333Sahzada 17 votes
Dr. Voodoo sig 1
32%
MattyloNoob_2yrsStefffZoddymamSmokinSurferYellsomeBalm82AfridUkgeniePrimmer79EgeCFallencircusRealStealArmaganon00_LivingDeadGirlRealPastorTROUBL3DHENRIQUE_FORTEAshburnVinh225 28 votes
Scarlet Witch sig 59
17%
RiegelSnakeEyes69BigMoVision_41Ravenrob_33TeddersA2ZGAMERZDhruvg1haunted_memoryhydrogohardDeadpool_424221121King_JerryWabziKreap_805Shafeeq 15 votes
Magik sig 59
30%
Fluffydragon2Erza_ScarletbattleoneDarkZenNDK13WOKTheSOURAAmonthirwSWeaponXDelta_14VartoxSpeedbumpAnurag1606Arus25TellthemIAMzerogodszero7ThecurlerDoctorJMarkx 26 votes

Comments

• Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Please leave a reason in the comments to explain your choice
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Scarlet Witch sig 59
    Scarlet Witch is so good especially that she can gain buffs!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Scagikiderdoo
  • KarimRagabKarimRagab Posts: 62
    It highly depends on what you need him/her for:

Ghost Rider: Bleed immune, can heel a lot of health if you know how to play with, nullify and little power drain over SP2 .. Great choice for map 6 AQ for example.

Scarlet witch: she can do everything from power lock, power steal, stun and heal. Her SP2 has huge damage when crits ... Great choice for questing specially 5.2 and maybe part of 5.3.

Dr Voodoo: constant healing every fight, power control over SP2, nullify and converting buffs to poison which is great against someone like Groot .. Great choice for map 5 and questing as well.

Magik: mainly her SP2 is her point of strength as she can power lock the opponent and steal some of his power as well which makes you able to constantly power lock him .. Great choice that will save you in different questing situations and for map 6 vs Hyperion as well.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Ghost Rider sig 15
    either Ghost Rider or Magik.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    Magik sig 59
    Magik. Any quest that the enemy node are insane power gain, spite or that life transfer
    Magik can own easily.
    In future if you do not want to use
    Magik still can be defender
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Dr. Voodoo sig 1
    Depends... voodoo aq god, sw for questing, magik for power control, gr for reliable regen... decide what utility u need.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Magik sig 59
    Magik. Best power controller out there.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Magik sig 59
    I play Magik a lot for starters, and her L2 is the best "bang for buck" considering damage output, power control and powergain rolled into one.
    I have a duped 4* 4/40(5/50 next level up solo) and unduped 5* 2/35 which I tend to use more often because her Limbo damage is an afterthought for me personally. All about her L2 and the occasional lifejacket when getting hit during limbo.
    Not having to keep an eye on opponent powerbar level and need to constantly bait specials is a total must have for game rythm and comfort.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Ghost Rider sig 15
    Immunity, sick regen on demand (480 per hit, with the possibility to have it for up to almost 30 seconds, you get full from dead in 1 fight), crazy bleed if you apply the curse after the fury one, with possibility to render it lethal if you first do 4 hits combo, launch sp1 or a heavy to put down a first curse or two, and then fury and bleed. Sp2 power drain, sp1 fate seal, sp3 the enemy is power locked fate sealed and heal blocked. He is a more reliable scarlet witch
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Scarlet Witch sig 59
    All of them are worth rank 5 , but sw is a quality champ , she can be beast in almost any aspect of the game , she is a must rank 5.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Magik sig 59
    Magik, as I don't have experience with GR, and not enough experience with a recently pulled DV. But she has been MVP for Act 5.3, War, Quests, etc.
  • Dr. Voodoo sig 1
    Voodoo because SW while great isn't really reliable in a lot of situations. Chaos magic is random, as are the buffs and debuffs. If she were max sig then perhaps I'd consider her but she's still all over the place. Also she can only remove 1 buff at a time unless she gets an s3. Great for many situations and definitely #2 on the list but she's missing the reliable ability accuracy and debuff/buff durations.

Magik is right up there too, but only because of her power control. Which she's second to vision in anyways. She's better suited for defense in aw, more so than any of the others listed.

GR is fun to use but no. There's way too much competition in the mystic class to even consider someone that is really only above average and only in AQ for that spot. Bleed immune is great, but again I'd rather use vision or even Ultron to fill that role. His Regen sucks. You have to land a heavy for it to stick. Bleed resistent or not he's getting pounded on in a stun immune node against an nc or anything really attempting to pull that off. He also lacks power control which is a minimum requirement for any mystic. Assuming you're using them for boss fights, which you definitely should be. Gully is the only one that gets away with having no power control because she has the unique and as seen in the boss rush event or any aw ability to reverse heal effects no matter the source.

It's a matter of what he can do vs what he actually does. Great in theory but for raw damage he's not even close to a top contender, and as a mystic he's missing too many essential elements to work with.

I see it constantly in AQ and on both teams in aw. GR isn't capable of keeping up in any aspect. You may have him and love him but your opinion would and should change the second you use a voodoo or sw or Magik of the same tier.

Voodoo>SW(sig60+)=Magik and GR is a mistake if you have any of those 3 options. It'd be like ranking up storm instead of wolverine or x-23.

Added bonus to voodoo, you don't need to pump sig stones in him for anything other than PI. His gains are abysmal and awakening him is all it takes. Which is the exact opposite of SW and to some degree Magik.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Magik sig 59
    Magik. Power lock is amazing. Once you get her to sp2, for most fights you can pin the AI over at their side by continuously parrying/ intercepting and spamming sp2.

Edit- I would have chosen voodoo if you hadn’t said you don’t like using him.
    Magik. Power lock is amazing. Once you get her to sp2, for most fights you can pin the AI over at their side by continuously parrying/ intercepting and spamming sp2.

Edit- I would have chosen voodoo if you hadn’t said you don’t like using him.

It's not that I don't like him... it's just that I'm not used to him
    Voodoo because SW while great isn't really reliable in a lot of situations. Chaos magic is random, as are the buffs and debuffs. If she were max sig then perhaps I'd consider her but she's still all over the place. Also she can only remove 1 buff at a time unless she gets an s3. Great for many situations and definitely #2 on the list but she's missing the reliable ability accuracy and debuff/buff durations.

Magik is right up there too, but only because of her power control. Which she's second to vision in anyways. She's better suited for defense in aw, more so than any of the others listed.

GR is fun to use but no. There's way too much competition in the mystic class to even consider someone that is really only above average and only in AQ for that spot. Bleed immune is great, but again I'd rather use vision or even Ultron to fill that role. His Regen sucks. You have to land a heavy for it to stick. Bleed resistent or not he's getting pounded on in a stun immune node against an nc or anything really attempting to pull that off. He also lacks power control which is a minimum requirement for any mystic. Assuming you're using them for boss fights, which you definitely should be. Gully is the only one that gets away with having no power control because she has the unique and as seen in the boss rush event or any aw ability to reverse heal effects no matter the source.

It's a matter of what he can do vs what he actually does. Great in theory but for raw damage he's not even close to a top contender, and as a mystic he's missing too many essential elements to work with.

I see it constantly in AQ and on both teams in aw. GR isn't capable of keeping up in any aspect. You may have him and love him but your opinion would and should change the second you use a voodoo or sw or Magik of the same tier.

Voodoo>SW(sig60+)=Magik and GR is a mistake if you have any of those 3 options. It'd be like ranking up storm instead of wolverine or x-23.

Added bonus to voodoo, you don't need to pump sig stones in him for anything other than PI. His gains are abysmal and awakening him is all it takes. Which is the exact opposite of SW and to some degree Magik.

I probably won't take GR up as I have him and ultron both at r4 so that should be sufficient for AQ,
    However I disagree with the statement that his regen sucks. His regen may only be activated after using a heavy attack but has the potential to last for around 30 seconds if used correctly which is great for use in AQ and questing.

The fact that it is useless against stun immune is like saying Hyperion or Thor is useless against stun immune. If you time a heavy attack correctly, it is possible to make it land without partying the opponent and without them being able to intercept.

His damage may be under the average however it excels when he is under the fury buff, also which if used correctly, can last a lot longer than it does if it the first judgement.

Another statement I disagree with is that he has no power control. This is also incorrect as he can power drain on the sp2 and power lock on the sp3. If you want to keep the opponent at minimum power, you can use and sp3 after using an sp2 before he can get to 3 bars and power lock him, then get back to the sp2 before the power lock expires meaning you would have to bait fewer special attacks.
    Basically, GR is a lot better than you make him sound like he is.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Ghost Rider sig 15

All I can say is that if you're saying Magik is second to vision for power control and GR's regen sucks, you aren't using them correctly
    You may have him and love him but your opinion would and should change the second you use a voodoo or sw or Magik of the same tier.
    I had GR, Magik and SW (max sig) as r4 and I ranked up GR. No regrets. Out of all this champs, SW is the last champ that I'll consider taking to r5 (actually, I'm not even sure she's r5 worthy anymore—they killed her during 12.0)
  • Ghost Rider sig 15
    Ghost Rider as he's overall an amazing fighter. Good bleed, good regen, the immunity's are really helpful, and he's fun to use in general.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Dr. Voodoo sig 1
    I have SW, GR and Voodoo and only had T4CC to rank 5 one of those. I had Voodoo for only 2 weeks and used SW a lot. Eventually I went for Voodoo. It was the best decision I make. And I am still getting used to him. Regeneration, power control, poison, buff nullifying and if you have mystic dispersion (I have at 4/5), it's amazing. When I get 3 more T4 Mystic I will go for SW, for sure.