**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Appreciation calendar MkII

Soooo how do we feel about the previously completely free summoner appreciation calendar essentially having half its content put behind a pay wall?

Extremely disappointed myself but then again, it’s been a 5 and a half year grind on my main acc and motivation to play is waning. It just seems extremely unfair to the FTP player base.

Comments

• Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Everyone complains too much. Yes I get why some say it is greedy an I agree it is, but it’s business. This game is a lot of fun an if you don’t like how they run the business don’t play it.

This game makes a lot of money and will as long as the MCU thrives (which I don’t ever see it not). I’m glad about the free stuff. If you really want stuff that is behind money, I’m sure $20 won’t make or break you.

Enjoy your hobbies, but don’t expect everything to be catered to you. Your hobby is sometimes someone else’s livelihood.

I for one love the game and locking stuff behind paywalls doesn’t bother me.
  • Options
    Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    _Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I doubt I'll spend on it which means I'm getting more than half a 6* for free and hopefully a decent stash of units. So not upset at all.

There aren't any units
    There are.

• Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    I don't appreciate the tone -- it feels kinda childish.

If they just named it the [SUMMER EVENT], as they probably planned it, I wouldn't have any odd feelings whatsoever. I liked the Doubloons event, after all, even though I didn't spend.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I doubt I'll spend on it which means I'm getting more than half a 6* for free and hopefully a decent stash of units. So not upset at all.

There aren't any units
    There are.

If you pay yes but no free units
    Are u serious look at the summoner camp it literally shows units and that’s for ftp
    Did you even read the sticky post and comments inside? If you had you would know that all units and big rewards are behind paywall.

No bud. The summoner camp is for everyone. The resort one is from the pass.
  • Options
    Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There aren't any units
    There are.

Are u serious look at the summoner camp it literally shows units and that’s for ftp
    Did you even read the sticky post and comments inside? If you had you would know that all units and big rewards are behind paywall.
    The summoner camp's free .The resort,however, requires you to pay.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There aren't any units
    There are.

Summoner camp = free

Resort = $$$

• Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There aren't any units
    There are.

Yeah we all read sticky post, and that tells that the Camp will be available to FTP. And The Camp contains units too.
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★

Soooo how do we feel about the previously completely free summoner appreciation calendar essentially having half its content put behind a pay wall?

The previously free Summoner Appreciation Calander gave us 5k 6* shards. The Current Summoner Camp gives atleast 6400 6* shards to ftp as confirmed by Boo. I would happily take it 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★

The previously free Summoner Appreciation Calander gave us 5k 6* shards. The Current Summoner Camp gives atleast 6400 6* shards to ftp as confirmed by Boo. I would happily take it 🤷‍♂️
    The value of 6* shards depreciated by almost 50% in a year so getting 6400 in current year is in no way equivalent to 5k of previous year.
    Further this year you have to do certain missions to get those shards while previously it was just logging in.
    And if I guess perfectly then you won’t be able to get 6400 shards till 92 days as they always draft missions in a way that grant good rewards in the end, hence the more depreciated value of shards.
  • Options
    Also, it wasnt 5k last year.

I'm not the best at math, but.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Well, it all depends. We don`t know the exact milestones yet. If the free milestones and rewards add up to about the same as last year, and the paywall is just a huge bonus. Like getting the sigil (which I think this paywall should be behind)
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Ebony_Naw said:

There aren't any units
    There are.

No bud. The summoner camp is for everyone. The resort one is from the pass.
    Here it clearly says that 7 milestones only get unlocked in both camp and resort after paying. Units in picture is Top milestone so i am pretty sure that they are behind paywall. Not all milestones in Camp are free

This image is with the additional benefits from the purchase.

Camp is free for all.

Resort is the extra from purchase.
  • Options
    Camp is free for everybody dude.
  • Options
    Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    Seems we keep having this arguement. Kabam is a business that needs revenue to operate. They are giving EVERYBODY free stuff and offering a little more to people that are willing to help contribute to keeping the game running and developing. STOP complaining about people that contribute getting something extra than you guys that dont want to (whatever your reason). Be thankful for the free stuff your getting and quit complaining. Im SICK of hearing about p2w this and paywall that. Stop expecting other people to fund the game and them complain when you dont get the same benefits
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    If the free rewards are equal to or greater than previous appreciation events i agree, nothing to whinge about. But if they did in fact cut them in half to sell spenders the other half? even spenders should get upset. Because rather than getting what you had been getting, you are now spending to get the same stuff you used to get for free, and not buying actual bonus'.
    It is kind of a bait and switch. Paying for stuff you once got for free isn't giving spenders extra, it is charging them for half of it. So in the end it is the spenders getting had! Not we ftp players.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    It looks okay to me - if what we get for free is equivalent to what we were getting last year for SA, but ppl who pay get extra that's just how it goes in many spheres of the game currently. Good enough I'd say, and better than nothing.