**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW and upcoming AQ cycle getting cancelled?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

• Options
    Bzee said:

The rumours were true afterall...war season got called off ....they should cancel aq season and compensate...many people in my ally r facing issues parrying....

They aren't ending the series but they are compensating for AQ.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Unable to end the AQ cycle early? Like they have done in the past? Seems strange to me.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Honestly, would rather have my 3 champs locked in for the AQ week, but I hope the compensation is worth the pain that we're going to face over the next few days of AQ.
  • Options
    Just a thing, it was requested to not let AQ start. Could have avoided this issue altogether
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    AW decision was the correct one.

AQ decision feels like it’s not really close to being correct. Sadly, the phrases “small package” and “exercise caution” probably aren’t what anyone wanted to hear.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Unable to end the AQ cycle early? Like they have done in the past? Seems strange to me.
    They did, and peoples champs were stuck because of it. I remember there being posts on it. I believe it was the last time we had issues with AQ and it ended early. I just think they have enough going on right now, they don't need to deal with any issues that can come up with ending AQ.
  • Options

Honestly, would rather have my 3 champs locked in for the AQ week, but I hope the compensation is worth the pain that we're going to face over the next few days of AQ.

But it's also possible they fix the issue tomorrow. We don't know.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

They did, and peoples champs were stuck because of it. I remember there being posts on it. I believe it was the last time we had issues with AQ and it ended early. I just think they have enough going on right now, they don't need to deal with any issues that can come up with ending AQ.
    Stuck champs really would be the least of their problems compared to, you know, people not having the basic functionality of the game working correctly.

As I said, an odd decision, leave AQ as the broken mess it currently is, or having champs stuck temporarily while something else is done.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Stuck champs really would be the least of their problems compared to, you know, people not having the basic functionality of the game working correctly.

As I said, an odd decision, leave AQ as the broken mess it currently is, or having champs stuck temporarily while something else is done.
    I dunno. I'd rather not risk my R3 Apoc and Rhulk being stuck for 5 days if I want to try and do MEQ or other content.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I dunno. I'd rather not risk my R3 Apoc and Rhulk being stuck for 5 days if I want to try and do MEQ or other content.
    5 days out of the entire month isn't the worst. There's plenty more days after to do MEQ and other content. And surely isn't the argument of "you should have a big enough roster to not worry about these things" a usual thing for some to say?

I'd rather have 5 days of stuck champs, than 5 days of my alliance complaining about how awful AQ is and holding other players up.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

5 days out of the entire month isn't the worst. There's plenty more days after to do MEQ and other content. And surely isn't the argument of "you should have a big enough roster to not worry about these things" a usual thing for some to say?

I'd rather have 5 days of stuck champs, than 5 days of my alliance complaining about how awful AQ is and holding other players up.
    I get it. Yeah I've got a big roster to work around but others might. I'd be gun shy at this point with all the hub bub with the summoner event and the parry issues and stuff. I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying I think they're trying to take the lesser of the 2 evils.
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    edited July 2021

grfvb said:

so much hate on prof hoff.. he represents average players.. which is majority

He spreads conspiracy and misinformation constantly. I wouldn't ever want to be represented by him. Plus he makes money off everyone's content they send in. Half the time he can't even comment correctly about what is happening like with his IHulk video that is still up on his channel which has him claiming that IHulk is immune to No Retreat degen when the person in the video didn't dash back twice to cause the degen.

You may think he represents the average player but he hurts you more than helps you.
    I agree with all of your things except he makes money from content of others. The people who send videos are not professionals and they just do recordings to share their stuff. So its win win for both the player who wants to show his stuff and also the prof who gets to show something on his channel.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

This. Exactly this. Locking in champs for 5 days is way better than the issues you'll face for doing AQ.
    If you continue higher AQ, you risk loss of a lot of items. If you do lower AQ, you lose a huge chunk of rewards. Kind of a lose-lose situation to me. Would rather have my champs locked for 5 days.
  • Options
    BigHomieBigHomie Posts: 14
    I told my alliance not to join AQ it’s not worth it if we are going to be getting clipped every fight and to item out every day of the series just to complete it
  • Options
    edited July 2021

grfvb said:

He spreads conspiracy and misinformation constantly. I wouldn't ever want to be represented by him. Plus he makes money off everyone's content they send in. Half the time he can't even comment correctly about what is happening like with his IHulk video that is still up on his channel which has him claiming that IHulk is immune to No Retreat degen when the person in the video didn't dash back twice to cause the degen.

You may think he represents the average player but he hurts you more than helps you.
    I agree with all of your things except he makes money from content of others. The people who send videos are not professionals and they just do recordings to share their stuff. So its win win for both the player who wants to show his stuff and also the prof who gets to show something on his channel.
    That's the literal definition of making money off others content. He solicits people to send him stuff and then makes videos on it.

He is basically EA Sports NCAA football.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Welp, there goes the war that would’ve moved my Ali up into a new league!
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    My only complaint with this current issue...why not also send a message in the game about the problem? I obviously check the forum pretty frequently, but this seems like a pretty big issue.

Maybe throwing in a splash page on your next log-in (like they do with big sales events) would be appropriate.

Just saying...
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    BigHomie said:

I told my alliance not to join AQ it’s not worth it if we are going to be getting clipped every fight and to item out every day of the series just to complete it

This, I think, will be the response of more than a few alliances.

I would think that alone would dictate that something more than nominal should be done.

Alternatively, alliances willing to break bank on pots might just find themselves with a significantly higher rank than normal. So there is that…😬

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    grfvb said:

Prof hoff is an ungrateful f#c*
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    Menkent said:

Hahaha, no way. They don't cancel for things like that. They didn't even push back the war season when attack tactics aren't working and the scoring system is wrong. If we're lucky we'll get a compensation package in about a month with a couple potions and a revive.

this aged terribly, bozo
  • Options
    Amntis1000Amntis1000 Posts: 30
    Menkent said:

Hahaha, no way. They don't cancel for things like that. They didn't even push back the war season when attack tactics aren't working and the scoring system is wrong. If we're lucky we'll get a compensation package in about a month with a couple potions and a revive.

Wow did this age poorly