Summoners, we recently encountered an issue with the Alliance Quest Setup Phase Starting Timer that may cause the Setup Phase Starting Timer to display erroneous information, though we are working on a fix for it as quickly as possible. Additionally, if the Setup Phase does not let you plan your days in advance, you will be able to once the Event officially begins on the Alliance Quest Start date.

For clarity, the next Alliance Quest Enlistment Phase will begin on December 5 at 20:00 UTC, regardless of what the in-game timers display.

The next Alliance Quest Start will be on December 6 at 20:00 UTC. This is when Summoners should be able to enter each Map. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.
Alliance War Season Rewards will start to roll out to Summoners very soon. These will take a while to get to everybody, so do not worry if an Alliance Mate receives their rewards, but you haven't yet. We thank you for your patience.

X-23 nerfed???

So I just ranked 5 my X-23 and I noticed that she would go up to 5 bleed stacks and then stop!
No matter how hard I attacked she wouldn't go above 5!
Now I should mention that I even have deep wounds maxed and my X-23 is duped.
Also, I used to be able to get more stacks with her in the past. My record was 9 stacks.
Also, Wolverine is still able to stack more than 5 and I have him too at R5.
I tested her multiple times on WS ROL and I was able to get very quickly to 5 stacks but then she wouldn't stack anymore!
WTF???
Anyone else noticed it?

Comments

  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 130
    She only stacks 5
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Shes always been capped at 5............
    I can guarantee you've never done more 5 bleed stacks with x23.
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 152
    She stacks only 5. Not more. Maybe you got confused with gwenpool?
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 538 ★★
    Ayushk12 wrote: »
    She stacks only 5. Not more. Maybe you got confused with gwenpool?

    Don't have GP and I'm sure I got to 9 with her before.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 538 ★★
    QUICK UPDATED:
    I tested her in ROL now and I noticed what happens.
    Once she gets to 5 what would usually result in another stack of bleed is instead adding some time to the timer around the counter while still on the number 5!
    I saw it happen live and could probably even record it.
    So what's the deal with that. No bleed expired but the timer would have time added to it a LITTLE (Don't go saying because it's capped because then the timer would have to back to full and not just a little more time)!
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 642 ★★★
    I’ve had rank 5 x23 for a long time and her stacks of bleed and cruelty have always capped at 5.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 538 ★★
    edited November 2017
    I’ve had rank 5 x23 for a long time and her stacks of bleed and cruelty have always capped at 5.

    Why doesn't it say that in the description then and why can Wolverine get more stacks?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You're a year late on raising this issue
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    does it list it in her description? Most players know it caps at 5
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 538 ★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    You're a year late on raising this issue

    So she was able to get more right? I knew I wasn't imagining it.
    I just used Wolverine more so haven't used her much since a long time ago.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Strategic wrote: »
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    You're a year late on raising this issue

    So she was able to get more right? I knew I wasn't imagining it.
    I just used Wolverine more so haven't used her much since a long time ago.

    Nope. She always capped at 5
    This issue was first raised a year ago and we caused a lot of commotion. That is the reason why they list the caps of all *new abilities in their description now

    Edit: added word "new"
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,043 ★★★
    When you add a new bleed it replaces the one that is closest to expiring. The timer then shows how much time is left on the next bleed to expire, not the newest bleed she procs. The only time you can get 6 is against an opponent with double edge, and that 6 only appears for a split second.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    She has never gotten more than 5 bleeds. End of conversation.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 538 ★★
    She has never gotten more than 5 bleeds. End of conversation.

    And how long have you been playing that you say that with such certainty?
    Because I've been playing pretty much since the beginning and even someone else in my alliance who also been playing a long time used her and she could stack more bleeds for him too.
    It might have been a long time ago but it did happen.
    She WAS nerfed.
  • She WAS NOT nerfed. She never stacked more than 5 bleeds.
    The Max you could get would be 6 counting with enemy's double edge mastery
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    I’ve olayed since before she was released and she never stacked more than 5
  • About a year ago i noticed this and thought it was a bug, because i definitely stacked 6 before! well if its suicides, she stacks 5 of her own. I was informed last year shes always been like that. I believe the damage she inflicts per hit increases per bleed on opponent, so they wanted it capped when they designed her. compared to wolverine's damage doesnt increase on a bleeding opponent so they dont need it capped
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’ve olayed since before she was released and she never stacked more than 5

    What?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★
    Always been like that, her bleed is about double wolverines so it's similar when she has 5 to him having 9 which rarely happens, I've used her for years
  • 1King_Jerry1King_Jerry Posts: 66
    the only time when you can stack more than 5 is if the opponent has the double edge mastery
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Different characters have different caps on where these things stack. It works the same on armor breaks for example. Spiderman can only get one stack, where Ironfirst and Spidergwen can get multiples.

    Bleeds are the same. A couple characters can get past the 5 limit (although then the duration start getting really short and they fall off anyways). It's a reason to play certain characters vs. others as well as give them more ways to mess around with bleeds (like giving a character a very strong bleed that can't stack, but lasts a long time; or several smaller ones with minimal duration).

    They don't explicitly say what it is for every character, but I don't believe they have ever changed how much each one can stack to. For another example, Blackpanthers whole signature ability revolves around giving him more stacks.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,704 ★★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    QUICK UPDATED:
    I tested her in ROL now and I noticed what happens.
    Once she gets to 5 what would usually result in another stack of bleed is instead adding some time to the timer around the counter while still on the number 5!
    I saw it happen live and could probably even record it.
    So what's the deal with that. No bleed expired but the timer would have time added to it a LITTLE (Don't go saying because it's capped because then the timer would have to back to full and not just a little more time)!


    That's perfectly understandable, though: what you're seeing there is that the bleed with the shortest duration left has been replaced by a new one with a full duration. You don't see the time go back to the beginning, because the timer resets to show you the expiry time of the bleed that previously had the second shortest duration left.

    Refreshing the bleed with the shortest duration left does still cause the actual damage (DoT) you're causing to rise.

    Capping a stack at 5 isn't too bad. Look at Moon Knight - capped at 1! If you fight with him (and I suggest you do, if only to appreciate his awesomeness whilst it's currently full moon week) you can see his bleed regularly reapplied, which is the same mechanic you're describing above happening.

    Also note: caps only affect the bleeds that you apply. They don't include self-inflicted wounds with double edge.

    Hope that's at least some comfort for you.
Sign In or Register to comment.