**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Event: Badly Designed

2»

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Been subscribed to BG for years. And he rarely..ever complains about something in the game. He often fields and responds to complaints, usually defending the game, in fact. For him to come out with this video should be a wake up call for Kabam. Something is wrong here. As he's faithfully defended this game against others complaints for years.

Most of the times, he complains only if he is affected. He made the video only after he was personally affected. BG is generally a guy who plays the game as it is given, I won't call him a Kabam loyalist, but you are right that he rarely complains about anything in the game. Even in this video, he says he made a mistake and not that the event was bad. The only complain I heard was the notification not working, which I think should be looked into. I have no issues with the event itself.
  • Regul8erRegul8er Posts: 1
    The fact that the notification can disappear without claiming the item makes this more like a bug, and should be compensated for in my opinion. No other reward notifications disappear until they are claimed. It is very easy to miss this and leave the glasses unclaimed for a day. The tab is also hidden and is very easy to miss in the solo objectives window. Terrible design and needs to be addressed and corrected by kabam.
  • LM1116LM1116 Posts: 1
    Regul8er said:

The fact that the notification can disappear without claiming the item makes this more like a bug, and should be compensated for in my opinion. No other reward notifications disappear until they are claimed. It is very easy to miss this and leave the glasses unclaimed for a day. The tab is also hidden and is very easy to miss in the solo objectives window. Terrible design and needs to be addressed and corrected by kabam.

I have to agree. I purchased the pass plus for this event and should be getting extra 6 star shards at the end. However, it appears I have only purchased insurance instead and a cushion for missing days as it’s so easy to miss one. It’s likely I won’t get any shards by the end and probably still miss out on regular milestones. Very disappointed in the design and I don’t feel like I’m getting what I actually paid for.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    LM1116 said:

Regul8er said:

I have to agree. I purchased the pass plus for this event and should be getting extra 6 star shards at the end. However, it appears I have only purchased insurance instead and a cushion for missing days as it’s so easy to miss one. It’s likely I won’t get any shards by the end and probably still miss out on regular milestones. Very disappointed in the design and I don’t feel like I’m getting what I actually paid for.
    If you are not getting the extra 6 star shards, contact support. You should be getting them if bought the pass plus.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Somebody at Kabam is on lunch break…smoking a cigarette, and whispering to themselves, “…and it’s only Monday. ****.”
  • TeiberiousTeiberious Posts: 8
    100% agree with this, this event has a TERRIBLE design. I do 100s of fights every day and I have missed this. I even looked for it. I will not complete this event now. VERY frustrating
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    It is designed correctly. It is just designed to make you pay to get the grace period that's all. I don't understand Kabam's fascination with overly complicated event design be it summoner appreciation (it's not SA according to somebody) or side events. Also not giving grace period for a 3 month event is just silly
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

Awesome

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,705 ★★★★★
    Summer event tab is now all the way on the left, so it’s not hidden for anyone
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Hey Summoners,

We’ve heard from many of you that the Summ(on)er Camp and Resort events are a little more stressful than an average event because missing a single day could lead to missing out on valuable rewards.

To remedy this situation and give everybody a little more leeway, we’re going to try and create some “grace days” for everybody. Starting this Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 am PDT, we’ll be adding a Summ(on)er Event Booster in the Store for the price of 1x Gold, with a purchase limit of one.

Purchasing this bundle will instantly grant 7 days’ worth of Milestone progress for both the Summ(on)er Camp and Summ(on)er Resort Solo Events. This should effectively give all Summoners a 7-Day Grace Period, and cover any days or objectives that may have already been missed.

Thank you all for your feedback on this matter, and we hope that this will help alleviate the stress related to this event.

That's an AWESOME help for all the players that have had issues with this. Another additional bit though, are you able to do anything about the notification for a completed day? Currently it doesn't show a red circle with a number 1 in it like every other "claimable" event thing does, just a blue glow around the scroll that is very easy to miss. Is that something that you are going to look into making easier to notice for players?
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    What about those who paid for the 7 day advantage?

• V16ulV16ul Posts: 79
    Little tip why don't just push the sunglasses 🕶️ in inventory like other rewards when the day end...

Those who have logged in and played will still have a way to get them from inventory and those who haven't won't get any...
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021

Texas_11 said:

They'll have a 14-day advantage now.
    Sweet! This answer I shall pass to the team.

*Karen deactivated*

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Well done.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

This is a massive QOL change. Much appreciated.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    V16ul said:

Little tip why don't just push the sunglasses 🕶️ in inventory like other rewards when the day end...

Those who have logged in and played will still have a way to get them from inventory and those who haven't won't get any...

Glad they added the grace days for everyone (FTP & paid alike) as suggested.

This is also a good point for future events. I haven't missed a day but mainly because when I first came across the glasses having done my 10 fights I looked high adn low through the inventory after claiming and couldn't find it. It was at that point I realised it was not really claimable but was just unlocking the solo objectives.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Very well handled, both in the resolution itself and the time it took to reach it. Double true given the other issues so many are working to fix. This didn’t affect me yet, but I wanna just say a big…

Thank you!
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    marino123 said:

Can we buy this boost at any time till the end of the event, or is it going to be available for only one day?

Does it matter? It's only 1 gold...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

This is a super welcome change. Thanks!

Dr. Zola
  • 0utline0utline Posts: 27

Texas_11 said:

They'll have a 14-day advantage now.
    @Kabam Miike If you buy the summoner resort pass late the previous day rewards say pending, is this intended? Do you have to wait till the next day to be able to claim them all or is it not possible to claim them now? If not this needs clarification as I know many people who plan on waiting or are still deciding whether to pick it up or not who may miss out of extra tokens soon

• PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★

Hey Summoners,

Couldn’t have asked for more, thank you.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Pulyaman said:

Been subscribed to BG for years. And he rarely..ever complains about something in the game. He often fields and responds to complaints, usually defending the game, in fact. For him to come out with this video should be a wake up call for Kabam. Something is wrong here. As he's faithfully defended this game against others complaints for years.

Most of the times, he complains only if he is affected. He made the video only after he was personally affected. BG is generally a guy who plays the game as it is given, I won't call him a Kabam loyalist, but you are right that he rarely complains about anything in the game. Even in this video, he says he made a mistake and not that the event was bad. The only complain I heard was the notification not working, which I think should be looked into. I have no issues with the event itself.
    Some of his dialogue was satirical. But beyond that, he mentioned he would like to send in a ticket, but would most likely be too tempted to ask them to completely remove the event from his account. Which, is kinda how I was starting to feel about it. But yeah, it's mostly the claim procedure that's the issue. Agree with you there.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

Hey Summoners,

That's awesome. Thanks for listening to everyone's feedback and making it right! And very quickly as well. Much appreciated!